Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,166,044 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
McHugh needs to channel his inner-Oswalt on Wednesday
Furlock Bones
AG
Hinch ****ing blew this ****.
ClickClack
AG
So why would not start the guy who threw a no-hitter this year?
Sea Gull
AG
Hinched again
suburban cowboy
AG
http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/2015/10/12/female-fan-shamelessly-snorts-cocaine-during-astros-royals-playoff-game/
Olsen
AG
Shame on that lady.
AggieJ2002
AG
That was pathetic ... this game just goes down along with all the other chokes in the annals of Houston sports. This one is right up there in pain. Hopefully they can erase the pain with a game 5 win like they did in St Louis after that pujols bomb
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Had to listen on the radio. Just saw the video of Correa error. Eesh he clanked a double play ball.

While the bullpen imploded, they had some help with that error
MosesHallRAB04
AG
quote:

Id say relievers and a huge error had a big part in it
MosesHallRAB04
AG
But there is still game 5. Go get em stros
ClickClack
AG
quote:
quote:

Id say relievers and a huge error had a big part in it

No, Hinch made the ball bounce past Correa with his Jedi mind tricks.
The Kraken
AG
Jinxed!!

saltydog13
AG
What a dumbass
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Jinxed!!

Seriously... Pound this guy on Twitter... and by this guy, I mean, the cutrent governor of Texas.
Ag12thman
AG
Pathetic.
agdaddy04
AG
Yea, if Correa fields that we probably still win. However without Correa at the plate today we're not even in this game.
mwm
You know who I hurt for today? McCullers. The bigest game oh his young life, he goes out & shuts the Royals down for 6+ innings, pitches his heart out. Only to have the manager & his teammates stab him in the back. Man, what a performance...good enough for a win & trip to the alcs.
mazag08
AG
Hinch is the one who had Gattis batting 5th, when everyone with a brain knows he is lost right now. Hinch is the one who left his reliever out there to get mud holed after getting in trouble. Hinch is the one who pinch hit Marin for Carter, our second hottest hitter of the series.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Did Herrera and Davis at least have to throw a bunch? I knew there is an off day but maybe those guys have a lithe fatigue. They've pitched a lot lately

Screw that. Just pound cueto early and often.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
You know who I hurt for today? McCullers. The bigest game oh his young life, he goes out & shuts the Royals down for 6+ innings, pitches his heart out. Only to have the manager & his teammates stab him in the back. Man, what a performance...good enough for a win & trip to the alcs.
Completely agree. His performance will be overshadowed in the history books but I won't forget. I think it's really funny that all the god-damned veterans are the ones choking this season.
Texaggie7nine
Apparently that's not his real account
7nine
maca1028
I really don't get y'all's disdain for Hinch's bullpen use today...he sent his best 3 relievers out there and they blew it. Sipp and Gregerson have pitched every day, someone else needs to step up. This loss wasn't on Hinch.
MAROON
AG
This is the same bull pen that cost us the division crown. Not sure who you guys wanted pitching in the 8th and 9th. Fiers? A guy who hasn't come out of the pen much if ever this season?

Correa error was huge and sorry, but Gomez has to catch that ball that dropped at his feet in the 8th.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
This is the same bull pen that cost us the division crown. Not sure who you guys wanted pitching in the 8th and 9th. Fiers? A guy who hasn't come out of the pen much if ever this season?

Correa error was huge and sorry, but Gomez has to catch that ball that dropped at his feet in the 8th.
This is one that don't be forgotten. Gomez not catching that ball was a huge mistake. That with a Carlos DP ends the inning, just sickening.
Ag_07
AG
Just got back from the game.

What a fuggin waste. That place was going nuts after the back to back jacks in the 7th. That was insane. Everyone there thought with that lead we had the W sealed up.

Amazing how you can go from cloud 9 ready to sit back and watch the ALDS only to be let down and realize you have to pack for KC again.
agdaddy04
AG
Altuve is going to go off on Wednesday and have a career night. This team can pull it off.
Ag12thman
AG
Really cost ourselves some extra days of rest before the ALCS, too.
mwm
Man, I sure hope you are right. I want to believe they will rebound from this. Just "flush it".
agdaddy04
AG
Only person that I think needs the rest is Gomez. These guys are used to playing everyday.
InnerCityAg
Sit Gomez and play Marisnik.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Sit Gomez and play Marisnik.

Are you fcking serious? If so are you retarded?

Sometimes you people really amaze me with the chit you spew.
Sea Gull
AG
Agreed. Today blew ass, but Gomez is an upgrade with the bat.
AgBrother
That was absolutely brutal today. I think Hinch should have put Sipp (he has been the best reliever period the last few months) in to start the 8th - seems like when the relievers sit they don't do well and that was a long bottom of the 7th with us scoring 3 runs and having 8 guys bat for Harris to sit.

I think you have strongly consider Tucker for Gattis (he looks lost at the plate and Tucker's stats against right handers are better over the year) and maybe someone for Valbuena - just not sure who since Lowrie has been horrible since returning from injury and I think Gonzalez is still hurting swinging left handed - he did not look good today in his one at bat.

Hopefully, Hinch can get them to put this behind them and get ready for Wednesday. Need to have a strong outing from McHugh, jump on Cueto and hell have Keuchel ready for a few innings if necessary.
W
AG
I suppose a lot will be made about Correa's error, but even if he turns the DP; the score is still 6-5 with the tying run on 3rd base. The way Gregerson pitched today...definitely cannot assume that he would have shut down KC in the 9th.

the other killer during the Royals' rally was Gregerson walking the backup scrub catcher. Should have gotten that guy for the second out
jopatura
AG
The biggest problem I have with the Hinch/Fiers thing is that keeping Fiers was precisely the reason given as to why Qualls was cut from the ALDS lineup. I don't think any of us truly have a problem with that on paper, but Hinch has played the entire series like he was down a man in the bullpen and that Fiers was unavailable if he couldn't pitch 4 innings+. There's no reason why regular relievers should be pitching more then one inning at a time in the postseason. Especially with one as tenuous as ours.

If Hinch truly didn't want Fiers in the game today, he still should have pulled Harris after the 7th inning. As much as it pains me to say it, Neshek or Perez should have come in to start the 8th. They still could have been on a one baseman leash for Sipp, Fields, or Gregerson. The most important thing is that their arms would be fresh and they wouldn't have gone through the crazy emotions of the stolen base replay turnover. If we won, even 6-5, I don't think any of us would be sitting here saying, "Dang, Harris really should have stayed in the game."

As for Gomez, I think he's hurting more then he's letting on. Yes, his bat is hot, but he looked pained at the plate every appearance after his HR. Bunting was ridiculous. The next swings he had after that had a bad look on his face and bad form. He's made some bad running decisions while fielding and while pinch running in the last few games and I feel like he's trying to protect his injury, even if it's just mental when running. If Marisnick had been in the game, that horrible pop fly to center would have been played differently. I still think he should start in game 5 since there will be a day of rest, but Hinch should have him on a short leash.

I don't blame Correa for not getting the double play ball. It looked like he expected Sipp to get it, then when it made the weird bounce he wasn't in the right position for it. It only got scored an error because it grazed the top of Correa's glove as it went into the outfield. It only hurt because of the position Hinch and the relievers put us in.
First Page Last Page
Page 868 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.