Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,166,155 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
Jackass2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doesn't matter the season is over.
Buck Compton
AG
Gotta go with McHugh/Fiers/bullpen in that order to get this thing in 5.
rosco511
AG
Would have been nice to have a Wade Davis to put in the game to stop the bleeding...or an Aroldis Chapman. Thanks for Reds for not getting a deal done with us at the deadline.
coastalAg
AG
Our guys have overcome a lot to get to this point. I am expecting us to battle in game 5. Proud of what this team has accomplished either way.
The Beef01
AG
It has to be McHugh, but it's not going to matter unless they can shake this one off...unfortunately, a young team who just watched their bullpen surrender 7 runs in a 5 out span is absolutely going to have to overcome the feeling of constantly having to look over their shoulder.

We'll find out a ton about these kids in the next 48 hours.
TexAgs1992
Can't talk about the what if's, need to move on and get ready for game 5. Sucks we came close today but everyone needs to have short term memory and realize we would have killed to have been in the position of an ALDS game 5 at the beginning of the season.
JJxvi
AG
Look, I know its easy to blam the manager as if there is a cheat code of buttons that anyone could punch in the right order, byt really there is nobody in the bullpen that's worth throwing out there and hasn't been once the pressure started to build. A bunch of soft tossers and those kind of guys aren't going to trust that they can really get outs when the pressure is on them as it was in September and now in October especially against a team that isn't going to get themselves out for them. The roster isn't built to win the world series. Hinch can keep a merry go round turning but when you're tossing out harris, sipp, fields, neshek, etc a team that puts the ball in play can continue to get hits or get lucky putting it in the right spots no matter which of those guys you throw out there. Should've had a quicker hook on Harris, but based on what I saw it might not have changed anything.
Bonfired
AG
That 8th inning was a steaming hot mushy turd to the face...painful.

Hopefully McHugh brings his A game Wednesday, and our guys have poor memories. Shut off the Tweeter, Instagram, whatever...no sense dwelling on this one.
3 Toed Pete
AG
Just brutal. This team has show a lot of resiliency and I expect the position players and McHugh will be ready and play well in Game 5. The problem is at some point in that game you will have to turn to a shell-shocked bullpen......
El Mero Guero
Do not put your faith in other men, they will let you down every time. Love your wives, hug your children, mentor a child. Go on a spontaneous road trip through the heartland of America. Life on this earth is too short to be spending it stressing about a bunch of men in tight pants trying to hit a small ball with a wooden bat. We as humans are better than this.
mwm
Epic collapse. Reminds me (way too much) of the Oilers collapse against the Bills in 1993. Epic.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Today was not a choke, it's baseball. These guys will win it the hard way in typical Houston fashion.
Diggity
AG
I'm going to mow the lawn
Engine10
AG
quote:
Can't talk about the what if's, need to move on and get ready for game 5. Sucks we came close today but everyone needs to have short term memory and realize we would have killed to have been in the position of an ALDS game 5 at the beginning of the season.
3 Toed Pete
AG
quote:
Look, I know its easy to blam the manager as if there is a cheat code of buttons that anyone could punch in the right order, byt really there is nobody in the bullpen that's worth throwing out there and hasn't been once the pressure started to build. A bunch of soft tossers and those kind of guys aren't going to trust that they can really get outs when the pressure is on them as it was in September and now in October especially against a team that isn't going to get themselves out for them. The roster isn't built to win the world series. Hinch can keep a merry go round turning but when you're tossing out harris, sipp, fields, neshek, etc a team that puts the ball in play can continue to get hits or get lucky putting it in the right spots no matter which of those guys you throw out there. Should've had a quicker hook on Harris, but based on what I saw it might not have changed anything.
Management didn't expect to be in the playoffs and who can blame them. The bullpen is the last place you spend money until you become a contender.
tremble
AG
Have to go McHugh and Fiers to finish the game.

Our BP is ****ed.
TexasRebel
AG
Are you donating money for gasoline & hotels?

Baseball on the radio is free.
The Beef01
AG
quote:
Today was not a choke, it's baseball. These guys will win it the hard way in typical Houston fashion.
In no way, shape or form is that correct...

you have a 4-run lead with 6 outs left and in the span of 4 of those 6 outs, you have a 3-run deficit.

I don't disagree with the last part of your statement, but that first part couldn't be any less factual if you tried to say that Santa Claus is real.
CFTXAG10
AG
quote:
Doesn't matter the season is over.
Somebody better tell the team before they get on the plane. Haha I would hate to be around some of you during Aggie football games.
k20dub
AG
McHugh confirmed for Wednesday
Agnzona
Every playoff series loss in Astro history has come in a similar fashion. A play or pitch or two away from winning or taking a lead only to slip away.
Boiling Denim
Just to re-iterate we have a guy who threw a no hitter this season that hasn't thrown a single pitch in a series in which the bullpen has had two epic collapses.

We may need to add this variable into the formula for next season
suburban cowboy
AG
The season is over.

Go ahead and start a new thread, OP.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
Every playoff series loss in Astro history has come in a similar fashion. A play or pitch or two away from winning or taking a lead only to slip away.
We always won the same way too. That's because that's how baseball is.
Ag12thman
AG
What's the deal with Fiers? Is he just not that good? I was AT the no-hitter game and he pitched his tail off that night. Maybe he was just on that night, but is usually bad???
mid90
AG
Series ain't over. Still a good chance we go up against bad-Cueto, like we did for the first few innings in Game 2.

Except this time we've got McHugh instead of Kazmir.
Kooch 3:16
AG
It's not ideal but I actually feel ok about Wednesday. Doesn't change that this was a monstrous **** up to not close it, of course.

But, because I don't have sand in my vagina and I actually don't even have a vagina, I'm not ready to bail on the team just yet.
JJxvi
AG
Personally I think the Astros would have aggressively transitioned both Velasquez and McCullers into the pen at the end of the year and used Fiers as a starter but we couldn't nail down a playoff spot to get any kind of trial period on that.
Prime0882
AG
Funky Winkerbean
AG
quote:
quote:
In no way, shape or form is that correct...

you have a 4-run lead with 6 outs left and in the span of 4 of those 6 outs, you have a 3-run deficit.

I don't disagree with the last part of your statement, but that first part couldn't be any less factual if you tried to say that Santa Claus is real.

Who choked and how?
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Series ain't over. Still a good chance we go up against bad-Cueto, like we did for the first few innings in Game 2.

I have faith, but it doesn't change the pain this loss causes. I've been an Aggie/Houston sports fan too long. Trying to fight the negative vibes.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

I have faith, but iy doesn't change the pain this loss causes.

Absolutely not.
coastalAg
AG
Anyone remember games 5 and 6 of the 2005 NLCS? Too early to bail on this team. I almost expect a win on Wed.
W
AG
McHugh needs to channel his inner-Oswalt on Wednesday
k20dub
AG
At least Correa finally woke up.
First Page Last Page
Page 867 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.