Cubs thread v2.0

579,098 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by 10andBOUNCE
Biz Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the Yankees' asking price for either Chapman or Miller is going to be very steep. They supposedly were insisting on Schwarber from the Cubs as part of a deal for Chapman.
Know Your Enemy
AG
No way they were ever going to get that kind of return from the Cubs. Theo ain't no dummy.
Biz Ag
AG
Agreed. Brian Cashman is smoking something.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Dexter Fowler with a HR in his first AB back with the Cubs.
AgShaun00
AG
Lester is an embarrassment on base runners. First run all on him
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rizzo
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Supposedly a deal for Aroldis Chapman is almost done. It is pending him agreeing to an extension reportedly at 4-years/$60 million. The Cubs would be sending Class A shortstop Gleyber Torres to the Yankees. He's a very highly rated prospect but he's an 18-year old SS. Chapman seems like a POS human being but man he's damn near unhittable.
Biz Ag
pasquale
AG
quote:
Supposedly a deal for Aroldis Chapman is almost done. It is pending him agreeing to an extension reportedly at 4-years/$60 million. The Cubs would be sending Class A shortstop Gleyber Torres to the Yankees. He's a very highly rated prospect but he's an 18-year old SS. Chapman seems like a POS human being but man he's damn near unhittable.
Id be all over this deal. A missing piece and much needed. With him and Rondon this shortens the game come playoff time.
AgShaun00
AG
quote:
quote:
Id be all over this deal. A missing piece and much needed. With him and Rondon this shortens the game come playoff time.
he must be a POS if yankees are done with him. They can't resign him?
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
he must be a POS if yankees are done with him. They can't resign him?
Maybe he's asking for too much money & they want to get something for him before he signs elsewhere. Or maybe they plan on re-signing him in the off-season after they trade him for a young prospect now.
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:

If he signs an extension I can't believe this would be all the Yankees get in return from him. But I guess I can hope.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Supposedly it's a 4 for 1 deal including Warren going back to the Yankees and NO extension for Chapman. I can't believe Theo would make a deal like this.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Agreed. He has always been more of a go for the cheaper/more value route type of guy.
Know Your Enemy
AG
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/07/yankees-trade-aroldis-chapman-cubs.html

Deal is done, still waiting on word about a Chapman extension and the 4th player the Cubs are sending to the Yankees.
Know Your Enemy
AG
22-year old Class A outfielder Rashad Crawford is the 4th player.
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/07/yankees-trade-aroldis-chapman-cubs.html

Deal is done, still waiting on word about a Chapman extension and the 4th player the Cubs are sending to the Yankees.

Huge!!
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Chapman has been the hardest-throwing pitcher in baseball since entering the league in 2010. Over the last seven seasons, Chapman has thrown 1,513 pitches at 100 mph or faster, more than the next 18 pitchers on the list combined. His career average fastball velocity is 98.7 mph, highest in the majors.

But Chapman's average fastball velocity for the Yankees this season has been well above his career average. It's up to 100.0 mph, 2 mph faster than the next-closest player, Noah Syndergaard (minimum 200 fastballs thrown).

Forty-four of Chapman's fastballs have reach 103 mph this season, already 16 more than his previous career high for a season. Only one other player in the majors has thrown a pitch that fast this season, the Braves' Mauricio Cabrera, who has thrown four.
Why Aroldis Chapman is the perfect fit for the Chicago Cubs
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
The St. Louis Cardinals have not scored a run against Chapman since 2011. Chapman has had 25 straight scoreless appearances against the Cardinals with 46 strikeouts since last allowing a run to them.
AgShaun00
TexAgs1992
Didn't want to give up Billy McKinney but we have such a log jam in the minors, we can make a deal like this. Absolutely love it.
TexAgs1992
quote:
quote:
The St. Louis Cardinals have not scored a run against Chapman since 2011. Chapman has had 25 straight scoreless appearances against the Cardinals with 46 strikeouts since last allowing a run to them.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Rizzo = MVP
Know Your Enemy
AG
Really beginning to hate Heyward.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Montgomery has not started off on the right foot in his first two appearances.
AgShaun00
AG
quote:
Montgomery has not started off on the right foot in his first two appearances.
i agree. I was hoping they would bring in rondon
Know Your Enemy
AG
Not sure why he had Montgomery pitch to the righty with 1B open. That run meant nothing anyway. And I questioned pinch running for Rizzo right when it happened. Not with two outs and Mr. Infield Groundball up. That moved him out of CF too which may have had an impact on that last play.
AgShaun00
AG
quote:
Not sure why he had Montgomery pitch to the righty with 1B open. That run meant nothing anyway. And I questioned pinch running for Rizzo right when it happened. Not with two outs and Mr. Infield Groundball up. That moved him out of CF too which may have had an impact on that last play.
i am glad we can't nitpick too many games this year.
Biz Ag
AG
Russell with the Grand Slam - Cubs up, 8-1. Looks like Chapman will pitch the 9th.
Know Your Enemy
AG
The closer has been sufficiently ****ed.
Know Your Enemy
AG
A 91 MPH slider? Lol.
45-70Ag
AG
That dude can throw

Good lord.
Know Your Enemy
AG
BobOliver2006
AG
obviously he was fine last night, but Rondon has kinda sucked in non-save situations this year. I hope that doesn't continue as a setup guy
First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.