Cubs thread v2.0

578,506 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 10andBOUNCE
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am planning onn working this afternoon - planning on the game being delayed or rained out.
jkag89
Wishing all the TexAgs Cubbie fans an enjoyable season. Good Luck except against the 'Stros.
Know Your Enemy
Lance Uppercut
AG
Rain forecast to be the worst during the scheduled hours of the game. I had it set up to watch the game. We need to be playing baseball at 1:20
Know Your Enemy
AG
CUBS SCORE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lance Uppercut
AG
We may have the rain to thank for that one. Cubs 1-0 Bot 1.
Know Your Enemy
AG
****ing Dempster fell apart in the 5th. Lost control and gave up a grand slam.
Know Your Enemy
AG
And now another 2-run HR for the Pirates. FML.
AgShaun00
AG
sad.

cubs get bases loaded and do practically nothing, and pirates score almost every base runner they have had today.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Oh hey, if anyone was was wondering, Jeff Samardzija still sucks.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Castro bails him out of a huge jam with the glove.
AgShaun00
AG
castro is looking good. Only real positive I have seen today
Know Your Enemy
AG
I hate baseball.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Can Carlos Marmol throw every inning this year?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Quade left Demp in too long. Never should have been pitching in the 7th when he gave up the last 2 runs.
jm94
AG
quote:
Chicago Cubs Can't Believe They're Doing This Again

CHICAGO—Cubs players, coaches, and management expressed disbelief Thursday, questioning whether they were out of their minds for participating in another Major League Baseball season.

"Why the hell are we still putting ourselves through this?" left fielder Alfonso Soriano said during an Opening Day press conference, adding that no one on the team has ever been happy at the end of the season, during the season, or at the beginning of the season, which, according to Soriano, is when everyone actually feels the most hopeless. "We just have to admit to ourselves that the Chicago Cubs should not be playing in a professional baseball league. Can we all just do that and put an end to this misery?"

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/chicago-cubs-cant-believe-theyre-doing-this-again,19870/

--
Three children under 3
10andBOUNCE
AG
Cubs get 5 in the 8th...always a good thing when you give the ball to Marmol in the 9th
Know Your Enemy
AG
Marmol strikes out the side in the 9th! GO CUBS GO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkqeuNjA5HQ&feature=related
Know Your Enemy
AG
I LOVE BASEBALL!
bluestainedivy
Today's game (and yesterday's) was getting to look like it was from the late Piniella days. A lot of promising opportunities blown. Good to see both Fonzi and DeWitt with big hits...and of course Marmol go nuts
bluestainedivy
In other news, the training staff is going to have to look into giving Z an IV of pickle juice on days he pitches. His cramping issues have been goon on for a while now
Lance Uppercut
AG
Nice comeback today, but yes, there have been a lot of squandered runners the past 2 games.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Not sure I understand Colvin batting 8th yesterday...we'll see where he is today
Know Your Enemy
AG
Lance Uppercut
AG
Haha, if we can ever figure out the Pirates, we'll be set.
Know Your Enemy
AG
How the **** does Quade leave Reed Johnson and Darwin Barney in to bat in the 9th when you have Fukudome and DeWitt sitting in the bench? Batting Barney 2nd is dumb. Batting Byrd 3rd is even more idiotic. I know it's only 3 games, but Quade is already starting to piss me off.
10andBOUNCE
AG
If Marmol does his job we don't even have this discussion. That's what it all comes down to - players need to execute. They didn't. Not Quade's fault.
bluestainedivy
Agreed, and you probably shouldn't expect to win when you give up 16 hits even if they are all singles.

The leadoff hitters that get on base are going to come back to haunt you.
Know Your Enemy
AG
That doesn't excuse Quade's mis-managing in the 9th.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Nor does Quade's so called "mis-management" (in your opinion) excuse Marmol's breakdown, Castro's fielding goof, Byrd's double play, etc...
Know Your Enemy
AG
In my opinion? You think it was right to leave 2 right handed batters (who aren't particularly good hitters, especially against right handed pitching) bat against a right handed closer in the bottom of the 9th with two left handed bats on the bench?

Players are not going to be perfect every time. Yes, Marmol should not have blown the save. But very few closers have ever had a perfect season. Fielders are going to make errors, especially when they are the youngest player in baseball. It happens over 162 games. What can't happen is the manager making major mistakes like the one yesterday. I'll give him a mulligan on leaving Dempster in too long on Opening Day, but yesterday was just plain inexcusable. I would love to hear him explain that decision.
Know Your Enemy
AG
And it is definitely Quade's fault that Byrd is hitting in the 3 hole.
bluestainedivy
Eh, I think you need to cool it. It's too early to be getting bent out of shape. Who would you rather have in the 3-hole? Geo? Pena?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Either one would be better than Byrd.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I see your point of view from the stance that you'd want to get a right/left matchup - I just don't see it being that valuable in that scenario - I'd rather have the guy who tore in up in the spring who has played the entire game (Barney) up to the plate in the 9th than the guy who had a terrible spring and is coming in cold off the bench (DeWitt)

I don't think I buy into Byrd being in the 3 hole...if it were me, I'd have Starlin there already...maybe sliding Byrd into the 2 hole
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.