Cubs thread v2.0

579,169 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by 10andBOUNCE
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i wanted astros and rangers to win so if cubs make it to the WS, i might have a shot at going.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'll be at Games 3 & 5 at Wrigley if we make it.

And I need to figure out where I'm watching Saturday night. Our tailgate has 3 TV's with satellite so hopefully they'll let me put 1 on the Cubs game. But then as of now I have nowhere to stay in CS and I really don't want to drive back to DFW after the baseball game.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Sounds like you need to sell your ticket.

It shouldn't be too bad if game ends around 9:30-10. Traffic should be gone and home around 1. But I'm also not the one driving.

I was looking at flights yesterday the weekend the WS would be in Chicago. Was hoping I could be up there in Dallas the week prior for Games 1-2. To be honest I am torn on making a real attempt of being in Chicago for those hypothetical games. I really can't imagine how insane Wrigleyville will be and practically how hard it will be to actually watch the games even at a bar.

In addition, Cubs are 3-0 when I am watching at home, sitting on the floor by myself drinking Sam Adams Oktoberfest. So there's that.
nancydeedavis
Wrong thread.
TexAgs1992
My parents, sister and I have already booked flights and hotel rooms. We'll try to go to one game and watch the other two at bars in Wrigleyville. God, I hope it happens.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Where are yall staying?
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'll stay at my niece's house in the city.
Know Your Enemy
AG
It looks like Addison Russell is out for the NLCS.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Ugh. Thankful to have Javy and hoping that gives him a chance to do some damage himself. Blow to the bench for sure .
WooWoo
I have my flight booked for the Saturday game. Staying at a friends in Wrigleyville.

How bad do you think tickets will be?
Know Your Enemy
AG
For the WS? Thousands of dollars for the cheap seats. No joke.
WooWoo
I figured it would be that much but was hoping to get something around 1,500.
Know Your Enemy
AG
That can probably get you in the stadium somewhere. I would avoid SRO, though. The view of the field is very limited.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Eddie Vedder sings at Jon Lester's rooftop after party.

http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/Eddie%20Vedder%20performs%20to%20keep%20Cubs%20after%20party%20going%20at%20Jon%20Lester's%20house
AgShaun00
AG
i bet 2000+ per ticket
AgRyan04
My fantasy as a 13 year old....

....is the same as my fantasy as a 34 year old
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bring on the Mets
BobOliver2006
AG
super lame that Cubs still don't get home field in the NLCS despite being 7 games ahead of the mets in the NL standings
Biz Ag
AG
Payback time for 1969.
ToddyHill
AG
quote:
Payback time for 1969

That seems to be a common thread for Cub fans. Honestly, I just don't get it. Cubs collapsed in August and the Mets got hot.

This will be a fun series. Can't say I'm as diehard as I used to be, but I went to my first Mets game at the old Shea Stadium in '67. Would love to see them win but it would be great if the Cubs went all the way too.
Biz Ag
AG
O/U on the number of times we're shown the film of the black cat crossing Randy Hundley's path at Shea in the next several days?

I'll go with 8.
ToddyHill
AG
quote:
O/U on the number of times we're shown the film of the black cat crossing Randy Hundley's path at Shea in the next several days?

Oh wow, I'd forgotten that.

I was 12 when the Mets won it in 69 over the Orioles in 5. Went back to YouTube the other day to watch the replay of Game 5. Amazing how the game has changed. Jerry Koosman pitched a complete game (after giving up three runs early), and then hangs on for the win. Can't say I remember the last time there was a complete game in the W.S.
Biz Ag
AG
Saw my first Cubs game at Wrigley with my Dad in 1967 against the Cardinals. Roger Maris was in right field for St. Louis.

Family moved to Houston from the Chicago suburbs forty years ago. I've seen several games at Wrigley over the years when I've been back to Chicago.

There are a lot of parallels between Cub & Aggie football fans:

• Fiercely loyal, win or lose
  • Have had good teams over the years that tease you just enough, but don't finish the job
  • Awesome home field facilities and game day atmosphere

Had the Cubs done anything since '69 I don't think it would be as quite big deal, but I guarantee you there are a lot of Cub fans who hate the Mets more than any other team because of what happened that fall.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I was born in 1973 so I wasn't around for that season but I heard my dad talk about it many times. And I know Ron Santo refused to go back to Shea Stadium when he was still calling Cubs games on the radio. So for them, I really want to beat the ****ing Mets.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I can only imagine Ron making some epic radio calls starting this weekend from up above.
TexAgs1992
As of now we have booked the Westin Chicago River North.
ToddyHill
AG
quote:
There are a lot of parallels between Cub & Aggie football fans:

• Fiercely loyal, win or lose

Using that comparison, I think I finally understand....the '69 Cubs and the '75 Aggie football team.

10andBOUNCE
TexAgs1992
Why in the hell was Montero set up behind home plate on that throw home.
Lance Uppercut
AG
I said that too, thought his location behind the plate was weird. Catcher is the one position I never played so I figured I don't know.

Tough game. Harvey good as usual and our homer came with no one on.
TexAgs1992
As confident as I am in this team, we really need a win tomorrow. Unfortunately, Daniel Murphy has turned into the perfect combo of Craig Biggio and Ryne Sandberg these playoffs.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I was driving home from CS last night so I was listening to the game on the radio. I watched the highlights on my phone this morning. On the Rizzo catch where he reached into the stands, did the fan who leaned into him have an A&M jacket on?
TexAgs1992
Looked to be maroon to me but did not look like an A&M jacket.
AgShaun00
AG
BTHOmets
Street Fighter
AG
They face my cousin tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 75 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.