Cubs thread v2.0

579,070 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by 10andBOUNCE
Say Chowdah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

quote:
You've inferred multiple times they're throwing at people...in the 5th inning of a one run game to put 2 people on to come around to the top of the lineup with only one out for a team looking to improve their playoff standing? That's clearly an accident.

I don't care about this "accident". His public whining about it and pot stirring is Maddon being Maddon! Period. It is what he does.

If you cry wolf too much, you can't expect people to give you too much latitude. Unless you're a cubs fan. Then, it is all new to you I guess.

Carry on.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Can you explain how this situation is "crying wolf", or when he "cried wolf" before? Or are you just upset about something from 7 years ago that's entirely impertinent to the current situation? Crying wolf means something didn't happen. The Cardinals retaliated for an accident, and that's stating the obvious.

Consider you're Maddon. An accident (which anyone with any sense would realize happened here) happens, and someone throws at your franchise player's knees a few weeks before the playoffs. Do you sit back and accept it as "part of baseball", or do you get mad to back up your player and team? Even if he spent his entire life doing this, and it happened this time, does a good manager sit back and say "well Rizzo deserves to dodge pitches because of something I did in Tampa Bay", or do you speak up for him?

What Maddon "does" is a great job of managing baseball teams. This is another example of it, unless he spurned you in some incident forgotten by the rest of the world years ago, in which case you'll disagree.
Say Chowdah
AG
Just because it is the first incident you witnessed doesn't make it the first incident. Maddon has history with the cards. He has history with every AL East team too.

But, hey, you love him. Not that it surprises me. All Rays fans defended his antics too!
Lance Uppercut
AG
The Cards started getting beat up and threw at a guy after they went down by 5, and against a team that can't afford to retaliate maybe for the rest of the year thanks to their position in the race...and Maddon is the punk and the one up to "antics"? I like that according to your logic, the only proper response from Maddon is to sit back and shrug because of something he did to the Red Sox in 2007.That's a real team builder.
Say Chowdah
AG
You really aren't getting it. You think this incident is singular and not part of an overall experience. It is part of the overall Maddon game plan.

In 3 seasons you"ll remember you heard it here first!
Say Chowdah
AG
And the 5 hit batsmen in a 3 game series wast last year vs the Yankees. Look it up and his "response".
Lance Uppercut
AG
And part of that plan was to hit Holliday in the head? Masterfully planned and sprung in the perfect opportunity to make it look like an accident and potentially throw away an important game for the sake of the conspiracy?

Maddon is right to be upset about that situation. I wouldn't argue that he didn't go over the top in his comments, but he said what he did to back his team and players. You know, like managers often do.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Newsflash: We don't really give a flying **** what Maddon did with Tampa. You can take that **** to a Red Sox thread.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Uh oh....Cubs in 20th in hit batters and Red Sox 4th in the league. I look forward to Chowdah's upcoming diatribe about Red Sox "antics" and the dangers of his favorite team pitching inside.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
Newsflash: We don't really give a flying **** what Maddon did with Tampa. You can take that **** to a Red Sox thread.

I know you don't care. But your lack of interest in his history doesn't change the fact that he's still an ass. He just happens to be the Cubs ass now.

Like I said - 3 seasons.
Say Chowdah
AG
Joe says it's just baseball (when it's the other team).

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2014/09/17/girardi-after-jeter-beaning-we-are-not-pincushions/
Know Your Enemy
AG
We will care when he acts like an ass with our team. Your grudge based on his past is of no concern here. And I'm sure you'll be the first to post here when he does something remotely ass-like.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
We will care when he acts like an ass with our team. Your grudge based on his past is of no concern here. And I'm sure you'll be the first to post here when he does something remotely ass-like.

It took 3 seasons for me to see it. Different players, same crap. You'll see.
Know Your Enemy
Biz Ag
AG
Good Lord - get over it.

The post season is here in two weeks - let's get ready for that.

Oh, and Go Cubs Go!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs win! Magic number is down to 4.
Know Your Enemy
AG
That Maddon is such an ass. Look what he did today.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
dcbowers
AG
For sale: 3 tickets for the (rescheduled) Kansas City Royals vs. Cubs on September 28th. Section 218. Row 12. Face value.

Private message me if interested.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Biz Ag
AG
Warren the Flamingo
10andBOUNCE
AG
Going for win #90 tonight. Incredible.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
So his circus sideshow antics continue? Got it!
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
quote:

Leave
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Leave
WAHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHH! Someone is saying mean things about my manager!
Mozart Paintings
AG
I rarely chime in on this thread. I like to lurk. Just sick of it being clogged up by you.

Thanks for playing though.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I realize the Red Sox season ended a while ago, but it's still sad to see you hung up on a manager of a team you don't even play anymore.
Say Chowdah
AG
So Junkhead, your post yesterday wasn't aimed towards me?

I had stopped responding since my last and I wasn't going to.

And bus driver, I don't really care what you think... Sorry.
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
And bus driver, I don't really care what you think... Sorry.

The feeling is mutual townie.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
Just sick of it being clogged up by you.
Sounds to me like you do care.
Lance Uppercut
AG
#20 for arrieta in a complete game 11 k performance. Schwarber 2-3 w a walk. Castro with another hit. And Bryant hits homer #26. Pretty good day.

Looks like the Cubs have some important games against the pirates this weekend.
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
Sounds to me like you do care.

Bye Quimby
Know Your Enemy
AG
Magic number is 3. Hopefully we will have a playoff spot locked up by the end of Friday. Then the team can focus on passing Pittsburgh.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Late inning runs last night for San Diego has dropped the Cubs magic number to 1. Let's clinch on the field this afternoon.

And we are 3 1/2 behind Pittsburgh so even with a sweep this weekend we'd still be in 3rd. But the Pirates head to St. Louis next so hopefully those idiot Cardinals can help us out for once.
Biz Ag
AG
Kerry Wood opens youth baseball facility in Chicago.

Good stuff.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25315353/look-kerry-wood-cubs-open-state-of-the-art-youth-ballfield-in-chicago
First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.