Cubs thread v2.0

577,449 Views | 6318 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by AgRyan04
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Exciting start to his career. However, I also think indicative of what's projected of him. Hits the ball hard but undisciplined. He is young, so hopefully he'll change that truth/perception for cubbie fan sakes. Hate to see dan uggla jr. sprout up.
Lance Uppercut
AG
His HR was opposite field, and he almost hit an earlier pitch out (with bases loaded) also to the opposite field.
CubbieAggie
AG
Don't be surprised if you see a lot of these kinds of performances the rest of the year. Baez has struggled at first every time he's been promoted, whether for a couple weeks (AA) or for a couple months (AAA), where he'll hit low .200s with a 40%+ strikeout percentage. Eventually, he's made the adjustments he needs to, starts walking more, strikes out less (20-25%), and hits closed to .280.

That power, though... That will always be there.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs put in a waiver claim on Cole Hamels.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Baez with 2 bombs today.
Know Your Enemy
AG
3-4 with 4 RBI too.
bluestainedivy
It takes a lot for me to get giddy, but I look at what Baez and Hendricks did today and think of Rizzo, Castro and Alcantara (not to mention the others at AAA) and I'm pretty giddy
10andBOUNCE
AG
It's going to be really interesting what the Cubs decide to do to get all their guys on the field long term. AA looked so good at 2B and his scouting report backs it up. The other night he struggled getting the ball back in from CF as his arm seems well below average. I'm sure he could be adequate enough though. My preference would be finding away to get him to 2B. That means Baez would need to shift to 3B, which I think suits him better than 2B. Then you have Mr Bryant waiting in the wings. Is he better suited for LF? That makes the most sense to me, but I have no reason to doubt what the brass has been doing. Exciting to think about heading into next year. I hope Soler stays healthy and gets his taste here in a few weeks!
Know Your Enemy
AG
I have no idea how good Bryant is defensively so I'm not sure how I feel about moving him. If anyone should move it's probably Castro but I doubt that's going to happen at this point.
Know Your Enemy
AG
26 years ago tonight the Cubs tried to play their first night game at Wrigley.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Intriguing trade by the cubs acquiring former top prospect Jacob Turner. Only 23 and all reports indicate his stuff is still there. I love Theo.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Rookie Kyle Hendricks doing some work on the mound so far in his young career.
BobOliver2006
AG
it will be interesting if Hendricks has the best career out of all the guys acquired from the Rangers over the past couple years... he was probably the least heralded out of all of them. Thed Hoystein has certainly shown the ability to find undervalued pitching.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Baez 2-4 with an RBI, Rizzo 1-3 with 2 RBI, Castro 3-4 with an RBI. Baez & Rizzo with back-to-back HR and the Cubs win 4-2.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Soler getting called up tomorrow. Wish the game was on WGN.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Reports are that he will actually be available to play on Wednesday, but still no WGN. Glad I have my MLB.TV
BobOliver2006
AG
JORGE SOLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10andBOUNCE
AG
YACKKKK
Know Your Enemy
AG
He sucks. It took him 4 pitches to hit a HR.
BobOliver2006
AG
it's quite possible my current order of excitement is 2015 Cubs > 2015-16 Aggie basketball (Tyler Davis + the potential of DJ Hogg and/or Elijah Thomas) > 2014 Aggie football...
10andBOUNCE
AG
Next year is gonna be a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Bryant coming mid April. Addison Russell may force the cubs into a starlin trade. Not betting on them competing quite yet but damn it's getting close. Well timed with the Ags football emergence and recruiting!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Today's game is on WGN at 11:30am.

[This message has been edited by Junkhead (edited 8/28/2014 11:16a).]
10andBOUNCE
AG
Omg Jorge Soler. Man crush already. 2 vicious bombs tonight. Baez also with a 2-R double. Hendricks with another quality start and could be up for NL pitcher of the month in August.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Alcantara went deep too. **** is getting real.
bluestainedivy
I swear, every time Castro runs the bases it looks like he's going to pull something. Tonight he sprains his ankle sliding into home. I like him but he's going to have Soriano legs in a couple of years
10andBOUNCE
AG
That's why Theo traded for Addison Russell
10andBOUNCE
AG
Cubs 51-49 over their last 100 games. Progress!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Swept the Brewers. Only bad thing about that is it allowed the Cardinals to take over first place.
BobOliver2006
AG
yeah they"re not very good at being spoilers
Know Your Enemy
AG
Looks like the Cubs may shut down Castro & Rizzo for what's left of the season. I have no problem with that. No reason to risk them coming back before they're 100%.
BobOliver2006
AG
Mike Olt 3 for 3 with 3 singles and a walk!!! WTF is going on?!
10andBOUNCE
AG
Hopefully whatever "mechanical changes" olt made at AAA were for real. He'd be a nice piece to have going into next year. Not sure where he'd play, but a good problem to have. Rooting for him. Seems like a solid guy.
Know Your Enemy
AG
You might want to turn on WGN. Arrieta is having a good night so far.
Know Your Enemy
AG
And Soler just crushed one into the bleachers.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Arrieta lost the no no with 1 out in the 8th but finished the 1 hit complete game shutout. Allowed only 1 walk and struck out 13.
First Page Last Page
Page 50 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.