Cubs thread v2.0

577,470 Views | 6318 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by AgRyan04
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's not necessarily my favorite song on the album but I do really like it and it's good for a user name. Rain When I Die or Love, Hate, Love (I know it's off Facelift) don't work quite as well for that.
bluestainedivy
Dirt, Angry Chair, Rooster, Them Bones...although Rooster's probably already taken.

Best would've been Iron Gland.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Cubs won a game started by Roy Halladay.
WhataMaroon88
AG
What was the moneyline on that game? 5 v 1 on the road and win... had to be close to +300.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Highest in Vegas at gametime was +135.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Oh DRose.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Garza is good.
WhataMaroon88
AG
Gotta get rid of Marmol. Terrible.
WhataMaroon88
AG
Actually Lance... I looked it up and I think the +135 was the run line maybe?... It was +240 moneyline.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Marmol sucks.
BobOliver2006
AG
For my 1000th post, I will recount a story from last weekend when I went to Chicago for the Reds series. I just happened to run into a friend from high school in Texas at Wrigley during the Saturday afternoon game. He used to always give me crap about the Cubs. It was his first time ever at Wrigley and he simply said, "I get it now. This is awesome."
bluestainedivy
Good story.

The Cubs took 2 out of 4 from Philly at Philly. All in all that's not too bad. There are still a lot of improvements I'd like to see, opportunities taken advantage of (and no, I'm not talking about the RBI they get when they GiDP with the bases loaded), Marmols demoted, etc.
Know Your Enemy
AG
LaHair is absolutely mashing right now. I wonder how long he can keep it up.
BobOliver2006
AG
it's too bad the rainout didn't come a day earlier so Volstad could have been skipped. although hopefully extra rest for Samardzija will help long term...
Know Your Enemy
AG
Mark Prior signed a minor league deal with the Red Sox. When is he finally going to give and realize it's over?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-excubs-pitcher-prior-signs-with-red-sox-20120502,0,3293658.story
BobOliver2006
AG
Prior is a PERFECT candidate for Epstein's buy low plan. i'd take him over Volstad right now. hell, i'd let him close.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Great outing from Shark tonight. First one on the road for him. Now we wait to see if the pen blows the 3-1 lead in the 8th or 9th.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Didn't look close enough and Dolis just got out of the 8th 1-2-3. Will Sveum go to Marmol in the 9th? I hope not.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Marmol works a 1-2-3 9th for the save. His slider was pretty nasty tonight. Hopefully he just needed the calendar to change to May to get back to form.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Raley was mentioned on today's telecast. Might be some news for Theo's thread.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I didn't tune into the game until the 8th. If anyone can sum up the talk on Raley, feel free to add it on that thread.
Macpappy99
AG
Damn it Marmol
WhataMaroon88
AG
Walk walk error single walk

Dempster should be allowed to use marmol as his personal water cooler to beat with a bat. Marmol is such a headcase.
WhataMaroon88
AG
On an unrelated note, Lahair has been my best final round draft pick in history.
Know Your Enemy
AG
losers
Lance Uppercut
AG
Sveum fed up with Marmol

No kidding. Honestly, to this point, I'd believe Sveum's under orders from up top to have him out there to give him some kind of value so they can get rid of him, and that was the plan all season after his terrible end of 2011.

3 year, 20 million dollar deal. And he's started off being terrible and continued that into year 2.

Marmol currently has 9 walks to 8 Ks as a closer. Terrible.

10andBOUNCE
AG
Marmol has been removed as closer.

Will be Dolis and Russell for now.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Cubs win 5-4 in a game started by Billingsley

Maholm with a good start, and a good day for Fonzi.

Wood gave up 2 in the 8th.

Dolis with the save, hit a batter but did well otherwise.

Saw someone in an A&M hat on tv in the 9th.
BobOliver2006
AG
ahh the "what if" game... woulda been 14-12 if those saves weren't blown.
WhataMaroon88
AG
The good news is our starting pitching has been better than anyone could have figured. Dempster, Samarjz, Garza, Maholm (last 3) all doing better than expected.
Lance Uppercut
AG
The Cubs win in 11 after coming back in the 9th. Dolis got the win, and T. Wood pitched 6 giving up 3 earned.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Walk off walk.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Anthony Rizzo had his 12-game hitting streak ended Sunday at Iowa, although he did walk twice. He is hitting .364 with 25 RBIs in 28 games.
WhataMaroon88
AG
Just made a trade in my NL only league the other day expecting Rizzo (one of my 2 prospects in the league) to be playing by summer. He's lighting it up.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Very entertaining Cubs game tonight. HRs for Soto, Stewart, and another for LaHair.

Campana remains very fast...great catch in center and bunt single.

Marmol works a very "interesting" 8th (when the lead was 3-1). Let's the first 2 on before getting an out with 3 balls on the next batter. Then gets 2 Ks to end the inning.

Cubs Win 5-1
First Page Last Page
Page 30 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.