Cubs thread v2.0

577,301 Views | 6318 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by AgRyan04
Lance Uppercut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
It's also been rumored that Theo is a "fan" of Sandberg.

Good.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Isn't he dreamy?

Token
AG
beware, theo is also a fan of signing moronic contracts (see jd drew, dice-k, lackey, julio lugo, etc)
Know Your Enemy
AG
Our last GM had plenty of those, with no rings.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Token
AG
damn, 15-20 mil for 5 years of a GM? wow. I can't wait to be a GM of a sports team
Know Your Enemy
AG
Damn. Looks like Ricketts is going to knock this one way over Waveland. Apparently Theo will be President of Baseball Operations (or some similar title), Jed Hoyer will be the GM, and Jason McLeod the Assistant GM. Hoyer was Theo's right hand man in Boston before becoming the Padres GM where he is now. McLeod is his Assistant GM there. Both of those guys are very highly regarded among baseball people. McLeod was also with the Red Sox before joining the Padres and is their scouting guru.
Know Your Enemy
AG
On a personal note, only McLeod is older than I am. I believe he is 40, with Theo & Jed both turning 38 in December.
Know Your Enemy
AG
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-theo-epstein-to-join-cubs-resign-from-red-sox-20111021,0,132825.story
bluestainedivy
Old Style. Old man.
BobOliver2006
AG

in the interest of my own sanity, I issued myself a self-imposed ban of TexAgs for the summer. of course the SEC and Billy Kennedy each threw their own wrench into that plan. and now Theo has done the same. even better, i'm officially in 4-digit territory on the season ticket wait list, so maybe in 10 years i'll be able to get a WS ticket thanks to him.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Welcome back.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Your current place on the Wait List is 13019.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Dr Cub--thinking of checking out Soundgarden. I've never been to the Verizon theater, are there any bad seats in the house?
Know Your Enemy
AG
I've never been in the balcony, but I wouldn't think so. I really like that venue. Should have said something sooner. I had an extra pit ticket I sold at face value this morning.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Did mhayden put his tickets on stubhub so he could catch the Rangers/Cardinals game?

[This message has been edited by Lance Uppercut (edited 10/24/2011 5:08p).]
Know Your Enemy
AG
No clue.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Theo explains his decision to Red Sox Nation.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2011/10/25/farewell_red_sox_nation/?page=1
bluestainedivy
Good read. Thanks Doc.

Another thing I was thinking about. I've got to say, I think the Cubs are probably getting a little bit of preferential treatment. I really don't think a club like Seattle or Pittsburgh would've been able to make an announcement like the Cubs are today, happening during the series. I could be mistaken, but I think Bud sees this as a attention that generates excitement for MLB and thus he's willing to compromise on this announcement and it's timing.

I'm not complaining.
Know Your Enemy
AG

http://www.sportsworldchicago.com/product/THEO001/Theos-THEOLOGY-Shirt-by-Sports-World.html

[This message has been edited by Dr. Cub, Esq. (edited 10/25/2011 9:54a).]
Know Your Enemy
AG
Am I the only one listening to the Sir Theo presser?
BobOliver2006
AG
just turned it on
BobOliver2006
AG
"the most interesting man in the world! the new dos equis guy!"
Know Your Enemy
AG
I have a boner.
bluestainedivy
I'm disappointed with myself. Got tied up in what I was working on and completely forgot. Do you know if there's anywhere I can watch the replay?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Not sure of a place to watch in its entirety, but I think you can find most of the clips here.

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/live_cubs/
10andBOUNCE
AG
Time to change the ole username again...see ya later 11
Know Your Enemy
AG
Hey, Lance. Matt Hayden posted this on the Entertainment board yesterday.

quote:
If anyone wants a couple of PIT tickets for $85 total and can snag them in Fort Worth, shoot me an email (mail@matthayden.net) or a PM. Heading out to St. Louis tomorrow so can't make the show.
Lance Uppercut
AG
I got old person seats in chairs because my wife decided to go and she doesn't rock hard enough for the pit.
AgDrumma07
AG
My view from Wrigley this past summer. First time there and it was awesome. Among the fans was Jim Riggleman, the (then recently) former coach of the Nationals and Boyd Tinsley from DMB.

Lance Uppercut
AG
You may have already known, or maybe don't care, but Riggleman was the Cubs manager in the late 90s....and joins the elite company of managers that even got the Cubs to the playoffs.

1998--it took a 163rd game, but we earned the right to be swept by the Braves
AgDrumma07
AG
I didn't know much about him until I saw him at that game. He stopped and talked to a few fans for about 20 min. in the row right behind me.
Know Your Enemy
AG
FAP FAP FAP

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7153902/chicago-cubs-hire-san-diego-padres-jed-hoyer-jason-mcleod
bluestainedivy
By way of a conversation with my buddy, I've come to understand why I don't like Lance Berkman, the baseball player:

Astros, Yankees, Cardinals

Don't care for any of those teams
Know Your Enemy
AG
Add Rice to that list too.
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.