Call your shot - Where does LeBron go?

6,366 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by CharleyKerfeld
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We should be on LeBron watch now. The World Cup is over so he can maximize the attention on himself
MidRatsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just can't see this being his mentality. He knows his window is closing to compete with the legacies of the greats. Adding another ring puts him one shy of MJ and ties him with Kobe and Magic, as you said. He wants that. He wouldn't still be playing, or wouldn't have left L.A., if he didn't.

His goal is to stockpile as much ammunition as he can get for the argument that he's the GOAT. That's the only thing he cares about. At this point, nothing moves that argument forward except another championship. Or two.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MidRatsAg said:

I just can't see this being his mentality. He knows his window is closing to compete with the legacies of the greats. Adding another ring puts him one shy of MJ and ties him with Kobe and Magic, as you said. He wants that. He wouldn't still be playing, or wouldn't have left L.A., if he didn't.

His goal is to stockpile as much ammunition as he can get for the argument that he's the GOAT. That's the only thing he cares about. At this point, nothing moves that argument forward except another championship. Or two.

Absolutely
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think he's just waiting for assurances that whatever team he signs with will not trade for his son. That must have been exhausting playing with that knucklehead.
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's no longer a number 1. Is another ring, or three, going to change your mind about where he exists on the all-time list? It wouldn't for me. He is firmly entrenched as the second best basketball player of all-time. Anothet ring as a support player won't change that. His legacy was set after he blocked Igoudala's lay 10 years ago.
MidRatsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It doesn't matter how we perceive his role in a championship. If he plays meaningful minutes in the Finals and wins, he ties Kobe and Magic. Thats more ammunition for his argument. If he thought his legacy was etched in stone, he wouldn't still be playing.
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does the ring matter? I think a little, but not the main motivation.

Does the money matter? No, all options are the same in his world (7m v 4m v 3m, etc. He left big money at LA).

Does his legacy matter? I don't think titles, I think more extending his existing numbers/records.

What is nobody talking about? Bryce.

I think he's partially waiting for Bryce to get to the league. I really do.
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Commentary : Jordan is #1, LeBron will never be in my book, a super-sollid #2/#3 regardless of years.

I think LeBron knows it, deep down really knows it. Hell, he wore Jordan's number for a reason in the league, he idolizes him too.

But while James can be a huge ass and has an ego, let's be honest even as haters - what's made him so good so long is that drive... and conditioning (which takes that drive).... and the only way to truly have that drive is to have that ego and chip on your shoulder, to do allllllllllllllll the extra work that even some of the greats in the game didn't even do.

Youth today will call LeBron #1
The Media loves to talk about it because - clicks/attention
The olds will always call LeBron #2, Jordan #1.

That won't ever change.

But if you want to get closer to what is really the truth and why? Listen to what alllllllllll the legends in the game say... the top 30 guys... it's all Jordan (go youtube it). LeBron is a great, but look at how many years he's played to pad those stats and how many guys/teams he played with to get those titles. It's hard to compare their careers because they're so different.
2008and1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doesn't matter if he isn't the number 1 guy on a title team. People still talk about Duncan as having 5 titles. They don't say 4 titles as the star and 1 as a contributor. They say 5 titles.

That said, put me in the LeBron will never be #1 camp. He lost that chance to me when he went to the heat.
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LeBron isn't trying to change the opinion of Kobe/Jordan fanboys. They made up their minds years ago. The debate is divided just like the conservative/liberals are. There isn't a thing LeBron can do to change the mind of his haters.

He's trying to extend his records to make them untouchable. His biggest rival for the GOAT debate in the future will be the next mega NBA star. The MJ talking piece pool shrinks every year

MJ = baby boomer/GenX with some millennials (Kobe fans)
LeBron = everyone age 8-30 (essentially)

He wants to give the younger generations all the ammo to help his legacy
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
satexas said:

Commentary : Jordan is #1, LeBron will never be in my book, a super-sollid #2/#3 regardless of years.

I think LeBron knows it, deep down really knows it. Hell, he wore Jordan's number for a reason in the league, he idolizes him too.

But while James can be a huge ass and has an ego, let's be honest even as haters - what's made him so good so long is that drive... and conditioning (which takes that drive).... and the only way to truly have that drive is to have that ego and chip on your shoulder, to do allllllllllllllll the extra work that even some of the greats in the game didn't even do.

Youth today will call LeBron #1
The Media loves to talk about it because - clicks/attention
The olds will always call LeBron #2, Jordan #1.

That won't ever change.

But if you want to get closer to what is really the truth and why? Listen to what alllllllllll the legends in the game say... the top 30 guys... it's all Jordan (go youtube it). LeBron is a great, but look at how many years he's played to pad those stats and how many guys/teams he played with to get those titles. It's hard to compare their careers because they're so different.


The olds of the NBA do indeed say that. I think it also makes the feel better about their own careers to prop up Jordan because most of them played against him.
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How quickly is Bronnie out of a job when LeBron changes teams?
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Average Joe said:

How quickly is Bronnie out of a job when LeBron changes teams?


Lakers have 16 players under contract. He's traded immediately
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure LeBron is the guy that would have anything on Truth Social, but here is this.

I would doubt that he would do this, but can't say I would put it past him.

satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fake. If it was real, it would be on a verified account there - not this poser. And LeBron is very Liberal…. Common sense, wouldn't break the news there.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Recent smoke points toward him playing for Miami
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

Recent smoke points toward him playing for Miami

Sounds good, because I believe he promised those fans 8-9 titles and only gave them 2. He has a lot of work to do.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

Recent smoke points toward him playing for Miami

Sounds good, because I believe he promised those fans 8-9 titles and only gave them 2. He has a lot of work to do.


The Miami Heat posted a link to a scheduled live stream titled "LeBron James Introductory Press Conference"

Then deleted it saying it was a mistake
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

Recent smoke points toward him playing for Miami


I'm not sure what I'd call the media leak, but I wouldn't call it smoke because I honestly don't think Miami knows his decision yet. Just a dumbass mistake by a media monkey.

In fact, I wonder if it hurts 'their chances' a little bit - like I'm sure LeBron isn't amused.
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
satexas said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

Recent smoke points toward him playing for Miami


I'm not sure what I'd call the media leak, but I wouldn't call it smoke because I honestly don't think Miami knows his decision yet. Just a dumbass mistake by a media monkey.

In fact, I wonder if it hurts 'their chances' a little bit - like I'm sure LeBron isn't amused.


Probably doesn't hurt their chances more than having James Harden on the roster
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While I predicted Cleveland. If you look at Miami's roster, it actually makes the most sense for him to go there if you place Miami, Cleveland, and Golden State under a microscope. Miami has a bunch of talent at Forward/Center positions.
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who among us hasn't wanted to leave our wife and kids behind one one side of the country and go take a new job on Miami Beach in our early 40s?
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

While I predicted Cleveland. If you look at Miami's roster, it actually makes the most sense for him to go there if you place Miami, Cleveland, and Golden State under a microscope. Miami has a bunch of talent at Forward/Center positions.


I agree with this take. Also, going back to Miami seems less damaging on his 'hop-around' legacy versus a 4th team like Philly (if he cares about that).

I don't think it would ever be golden state - I think that was a flirt because his buddies are there.. but with Steph there who's as famous as he is, that could be a hard pill to swallow being in that shadow. Going to Miami with Giannis gives you a big name - but not big like he or Steph are on the control/ego front.
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think he would have gone to GSW of Washington would have dumped AD.

AD for Butler then warriors could have had

Curry
Moody
LeBron
AD
Draymond

Backups:
Podz
Melton
Yaxel
Kristaps
Horford

Then whatever ring chasers they could get. Conley? Vooch? THJ? Kevin Love? GPII?

Lots of injury risks but if they can make rest guys enough to make it to the playoffs healthy, that's a dangerous team
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/DbEHunmpuWA
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NBA Centel did something on this:

Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

Recent smoke points toward him playing for Miami

Sounds good, because I believe he promised those fans 8-9 titles and only gave them 2. He has a lot of work to do.


The Miami Heat posted a link to a scheduled live stream titled "LeBron James Introductory Press Conference"

Then deleted it saying it was a mistake


Crazy. It happened to the Winnipeg Jets, too.

Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ill admit, I didnt have Winnipeg on my bingo card
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bron Bron to the Sixers

Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMFAOOO. DON'T EVER MENTION THIS BUM'S NAME IN THE GOAT CONVERSATION EVER AGAIN.
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoahAg said:

We can rule out Denver and Minn right? I just can't see that. Minn especially.

$$$ being even, why wouldn't he go to Philly?

Hey I was right about something!
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Im very surprised. Philly?
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2026/2027 76ers roster as of right now

Dominick
Barlow 7.7 it's

Adem
Bona 4.8

Jaylen
Brown 28.7

VJ
Edgecombe 16.0

Justin
Edwards 6.0

Joel
Embiid 26.9

LeBron 20.9

Caleb Love 10.4

Tyrese
Maxey 28.3

Trendon
Watford 6.5

Dean Wade 5.8

Anfernee
Simons 14.3

Rayan
Rupert 5.2
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
Page 2 of 3 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.