Call your shot - Where does LeBron go?

6,235 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by CharleyKerfeld
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wooooooow. Didn't ever take Philly as a true possibility.

Clearly, he passed over Cleveland for a reason, I wonder what it was.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
satexas said:

Wooooooow. Didn't ever take Philly as a true possibility.

Clearly, he passed over Cleveland for a reason, I wonder what it was.


Right before he announced there was talks about him wanting Kyrie Irving, with him at Cleveland and that Dallas wouldn't budge

It sounds like LeBron was very serious about multiple franchises but had a specific vision of what he wanted at each destination.

I like it
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
satexas said:

Wooooooow. Didn't ever take Philly as a true possibility.

Clearly, he passed over Cleveland for a reason, I wonder what it was.

James harden isn't a serious basketball player
MidRatsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well damn. I was wrong.
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Perkins on ESPN may be right, this is about future NBA Ownership and getting in with Josh Harris... LeBron wants one of the new franchises far more than he wants to keep playing.
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MidRatsAg said:

Well damn. I was wrong.

Not just you.

Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He won a dinner that has food
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Over his 23-year career in the NBA, LeBron James has been a hero and a villain, a savior and a traitor. He was the most anticipated high-school prospect ever seen and has become perhaps the greatest player of all time.
But if there's one thing "King James" has never been, it's a bargainuntil now.

On Friday, James shocked the NBA by joining the Philadelphia 76ers, his fourth and almost certainly final franchise. Even more jarring than the image of James wearing such an unfamiliar uniform, however, was the number James signed for: $8 million over two seasons.

It was the lowest amount James could take, even if he wanted to earn less, as he signed for the minimum salary for a player with at least 10 years in the league.

According to Spotrac's contract rankings, which include deals announced but not yet finalized, the $3,876,529 James will take home next season is the 292nd-ranked payday in the NBA. That means that the global celebrity who leveraged his fame into billionaire status will earn the exact same amount as, say, DeAndre Jordan, a third-string center who appeared in 12 games all of last season.


LeBron James Might Be the NBA's Greatest Ever Bargain - WSJ
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He is a super-bargain for 4mil a year.

But keep in mind, he also created this situation and didn't have really any options over I believe 7 million, and that would have required him going to a sucky team and being miserable. He's too set in life for that now.

Keep that perspective too. You can't Saint him as some huge sacrificer for this.

He's literally made a billion dollars in the NBA.
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Over his 23-year career in the NBA, LeBron James has been a hero and a villain, a savior and a traitor. He was the most anticipated high-school prospect ever seen and has become perhaps the greatest player of all time.


Define 'greatest'.

If you mean longest career, best body conditioning, most money made (salary), etc... sure.

But best accomplished and most respected career? Nah, he's #2. Not really an argument at all.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can't give Jordan the GOAT title anymore. Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of his generation. Here's why.
He averaged .327% 3-pt for his career. He never developed that skill. He didnt need to due to the era he played in. The style of basketball Jordan played in has long changed. Its like saying Babe Ruth is the greatest baseball player when we all know Babe would be lost in today's MLB. Would Jordan be lost? No. But we also have to go off of what he actually did and 18 ft jumpers and driving to the basket is grandpa basketball now. I LOVED 90s basketball too.
The most attempts Jordan made per game throughout his career. 3.0 in 89'-90'. 3.2 in 95'-96' 3.6 in 96'-97'. His last two seasons. .9 and .7 per game.

LeBron is at .348 for his career. He's averaged 3.7 attempts per game or more 17 seasons. He averaged 8.0 attempts per game in 21'-22'

You can't compare the two against each other as badly as everyone wants too. They played different roles, and different positions while playing in eras of the game that are VERY different.

"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I can't give Jordan the GOAT title anymore. Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of his generation. Here's why.
He averaged .327% 3-pt for his career. He never developed that skill. He didnt need to due to the era he played in.

This is the most disjointed nonsense. You wouldn't call him the GOAT because he didn't develop a skill that you admit he didn't need to develop?

Never mind that the middle of his prime (92-97) Jordan shot 49/39/83.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guitarsoup said:

Quote:

I can't give Jordan the GOAT title anymore. Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of his generation. Here's why.
He averaged .327% 3-pt for his career. He never developed that skill. He didnt need to due to the era he played in.

This is the most disjointed nonsense. You wouldn't call him the GOAT because he didn't develop a skill that you admit he didn't need to develop?

Never mind that the middle of his prime (92-97) Jordan shot 49/39/83.


Not at all disjointed. He didnt develop a skill because of the era he played in. The era he played in is very different than today's game. Today's game revolves around 3 point shooting... something Jordan didnt do much of
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
ATM9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

Guitarsoup said:

Quote:

I can't give Jordan the GOAT title anymore. Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of his generation. Here's why.
He averaged .327% 3-pt for his career. He never developed that skill. He didnt need to due to the era he played in.

This is the most disjointed nonsense. You wouldn't call him the GOAT because he didn't develop a skill that you admit he didn't need to develop?

Never mind that the middle of his prime (92-97) Jordan shot 49/39/83.


Not at all disjointed. He didnt develop a skill because of the era he played in. The era he played in is very different than today's game. Today's game revolves around 3 point shooting... something Jordan didnt do much of


Sure… just like had LeBron played in the 90's he would have probably been an elite mid-range shooter.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SO if they are from different generations, why can't you call Jordan the GOAT? You're saying it's Lebron?
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?


Know why outside shoots don't command monster salaries not named Curry? Because they're outside shooters. Raining missles from the cheap seats takes skill, but it's still raining missiles from the cheap seats. Real war is in the trenches.

Call me old, but the NBA was far tougher for Jordan in the 90's than it is for LeBron in the 2000's where he can drill from range more and flop his butt off.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
satexas said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?


Know why outside shoots don't command monster salaries not named Curry? Because they're outside shooters. Raining missles from the cheap seats takes skill, but it's still raining missiles from the cheap seats. Real war is in the trenches.

Call me old, but the NBA was far tougher for Jordan in the 90's than it is for LeBron in the 2000's where he can drill from range more and flop his butt off.


When they asked MJ who the greatest European players from his era he mentioned Arvydas Sabonis, Draen Petrovic, Toni Kukoc...

The whole idea that 90s basketball was tougher competion is waaaay off-base
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
CC09LawAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Respectfully, are you arguing just to argue?

Because none of what you're saying makes any sense.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Who are you saying is the GOAT?
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CC09LawAg said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Respectfully, are you arguing just to argue?

Because none of what you're saying makes any sense.


Any platform not named Texags agrees as long as the average age of the user isn't lolold
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Who are you saying is the GOAT?

Which generation?
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Who are you saying is the GOAT?

Which generation?

The all-time generation.
CC09LawAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CC09LawAg said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Respectfully, are you arguing just to argue?

Because none of what you're saying makes any sense.


Any platform not named Texags agrees as long as the average age of the user isn't lolold

Oh I got it - you just form your thoughts based on what you perceive to be the prevailing public sentiment.

That explains why all of your arguments are nonsensical.

Thank you for clarifying.
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CC09LawAg said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CC09LawAg said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Respectfully, are you arguing just to argue?

Because none of what you're saying makes any sense.


Any platform not named Texags agrees as long as the average age of the user isn't lolold

Oh I got it - you just form your thoughts based on what you perceive to be the prevailing public sentiment.

That explains why all of your arguments are nonsensical.

Thank you for clarifying.


He's clearly a youth that thinks all things PROGRESS bigger and harder as the years go by and thus LeBron has to be the greatest because it's the only athlete he's actually seen as an adult and is skewed only by what he's seen himself, and lacks any objectivity. But this isn't "track & field" and that's not how this works.

Just like 20 years from now guys just like him his age won't ever have any concept of what College Football was like before this current progressive mess we have now.

He's also clueless to the fact that pretty much every top 50 NBA athlete in our history thinks it's a no-brainer question except a couple currently generating clicks in their media jobs.

Just blame guys in their 50's for being "Old". After all, what do they know that a 20/30 year old doesn't? Amirite?
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Who are you saying is the GOAT?

Which generation?

The all-time generation.

After you cried to Staff in Aggie football and had my post deleted im a little worried about interacting with you going forward.

T&Ps my friend
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
satexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Who are you saying is the GOAT?

Which generation?

The all-time generation.

After you cried to Staff in Aggie football and had my post deleted im a little worried about interacting with you going forward.

T&Ps my friend


If you had a post deleted, clearly there was a reason. Just sayin'.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
satexas said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Who are you saying is the GOAT?

Which generation?

The all-time generation.

After you cried to Staff in Aggie football and had my post deleted im a little worried about interacting with you going forward.

T&Ps my friend


If you had a post deleted, clearly there was a reason. Just sayin'.


Hes soft
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Blonde Coffee Beans said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

You know a take is bad when I want to high five Guitarsoup for standing up to it.

Its a bad take because the game is so different between the eras?

Would Wilt average 50 points a game in the 90s?

Who are you saying is the GOAT?

Which generation?

The all-time generation.

After you cried to Staff in Aggie football and had my post deleted im a little worried about interacting with you going forward.

T&Ps my friend

That wasn't me. I ignored your stupidity about why I would find extreme value in attending the Red White and Blue game that happened at Kyle Field 11 days after September 11, 2001.

Two other posters took offense and made personal attacks against you. I presume they flagged your post. If you'll notice, your post and both of theirs were all removed.

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.