***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

226,771 Views | 4244 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by flashplayer
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AA said:

Spurs app sent out some draft watch party promo that said as "we make the #1 pick". Hope that's a typo and we didn't make a dumb trade to move up to #1

I've heard number one picks used synonymously with 1st rounder. Unless they just copy and pasted from last year?
Guitarsoup
AG

Poor lakers
Aggie Class of 2026
Enzo The Baker said:

Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

LawHall88 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Players usually don't just come out while under contract and say they want to play in a certain place.

Chris Paul isn't a free agent and at 40yo probably doesn't want to be on a lottery team
Yeah, lots of guys probably wanted to play with Lebron through the years but they didn't announce it to the media.

So not one FA has expressed it publicly?

That generally isn't how it works and the NBA is trying to be strict on tampering

Players mention which franchises they're interested in all the time when they're a FA

Not really. For one thing, most players don't even get to free agency anymore and the ones that do are not big names. At the end of the season they will go with the usual 'I love it where I currently am, but it's a business, and I will explore my options.' They usually don't announce who they want to play floor, they just visit the teams they are interested it in July. If they announce who they want to play for ahead of time, it would also decrease leverage for negotiating a contract, particularly for your smaller free agent names. To be honest, I can't think of a time recently where a player has mentioned publicly, 'I want to play here.' And they do.

Are you someone that's been keeping up with the NBA for several years? You don't recall players demanding trades and giving their front office a list that has 2 or 3 teams they want to be traded to?

Yes. I've watched the nba for over 30 years. You were talking about free agents, right? Free agents don't demand trades.

You're hedging now.

You can't say players don't talk about where they wanna play while under contract and then say FA don't demand trades.

If it makes it easier, reread what I initially said.

Either way, players under contract discuss where they want to play/be traded. Free agents do too.

Who has publicly said they want to go to SA?

Lol

I see you're sleepy given your emoji of choice. You must have also been sleeping through this

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/06/23/kyrie-irving-list-teams-consider-trade-report-nets
Guitarsoup
AG
All the European combine stats are posted. RISACHER WITH A 31" Vertical and Salaun just 32"
Guitarsoup
AG

Enzo The Baker said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

LawHall88 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Players usually don't just come out while under contract and say they want to play in a certain place.

Chris Paul isn't a free agent and at 40yo probably doesn't want to be on a lottery team
Yeah, lots of guys probably wanted to play with Lebron through the years but they didn't announce it to the media.

That generally isn't how it works and the NBA is trying to be strict on tampering

Players mention which franchises they're interested in all the time when they're a FA

Not really. For one thing, most players don't even get to free agency anymore and the ones that do are not big names. At the end of the season they will go with the usual 'I love it where I currently am, but it's a business, and I will explore my options.' They usually don't announce who they want to play floor, they just visit the teams they are interested it in July. If they announce who they want to play for ahead of time, it would also decrease leverage for negotiating a contract, particularly for your smaller free agent names. To be honest, I can't think of a time recently where a player has mentioned publicly, 'I want to play here.' And they do.

Are you someone that's been keeping up with the NBA for several years? You don't recall players demanding trades and giving their front office a list that has 2 or 3 teams they want to be traded to?

Yes. I've watched the nba for over 30 years. You were talking about free agents, right? Free agents don't demand trades.

You're hedging now.

You can't say players don't talk about where they wanna play while under contract and then say FA don't demand trades.

Either way, players under contract discuss where they want to play/be traded. Free agents do too.

Lol

I see you're sleepy given your emoji of choice. You must have also been sleeping through this

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/06/23/kyrie-irving-list-teams-consider-trade-report-nets

Didn't see a single quote from Kyrie in that entire article
Aggie Class of 2026
Playing obtuse... that's cute.

https://hypebeast.com/2022/6/nba-lebron-james-wants-to-play-with-golden-state-warriors-revealed
Aggie Class of 2026
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

LawHall88 said:

Guitarsoup said:

You're hedging now.

Lol

Didn't see a single quote from Kyrie in that entire article

Last one and I'll turn the torch off.

https://www.nbamaniacs.com/en/news/draymond-green-I-would-love-to-play-alongside-lebron-james/#:~:text=%C2%ABIt's%20not%20that%20I%20want,basketball%20environment%2C%22%20he%20stressed.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ok so you find two quotes from two guys that are on podcasts. And they were made in the past and neither one has come to fruition.

Are you familiar with the term outlier?
Aggie Class of 2026
Guitarsoup said:

Ok so you find two quotes from two guys that are on podcasts. And they were made in the past and neither one has come to fruition.

Are you familiar with the term outlier?

Look... I'm not a Spurs hater. There's no sense in being defensive or assuming that I'm not a Spurs fan. I haven't said anything negative and it feels like the both of you are in guard given your responses.

You know damn good and well players male it public where they prefer to play. Countless times we hear NY, we hear LA. We hear reports of lists naming 3 franchises.

All I was doing was asking because I was hoping to hear some names. These players have friends in the media and they manipulate the market by having their wish list, "leaked".

So far, I can confidently say there are a bunch of guys that wanna come to SA but no names have surfaced yet.i believe the "rumors"
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
What a weird thing to come pick a fight about. Who cares that nobody has specifically come out and said "I want to go to San Antonio to play with Wemby". Like ultimately what is the point of this argument? It's glaringly obvious just from watching him on the court that other players are going to want to play with him, and then when you combine that with several credible sources mentioning that there are going to be other stars interested in linking up, I guess I just don't understand what you're trying to get at. You're really just coming off as a huge dbag by being so rude to everyone.
Guitarsoup
AG
Just not sure why you are here an d why this is the hill you have chosen to die on. No one here is being defensive except you.

https://hoopshype.com/2024/05/26/damian-lillard-thinks-victor-wembanyama-could-be-nbas-best-player-by-next-season/

https://www.si.com/nba/spurs/free-agency/san-antonio-spurs-they-all-want-to-play-with-victor-wembanyama-how-true-is-analyst-assertion

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10117462-victor-wembanyama-has-received-some-messages-from-nba-players-looking-to-join-spurs

https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-rob-dillingham-gets-100-real-potential-fit-with-san-antoniovictor-wembanyama-spurs

Run along now, kiddo

Aggie Class of 2026
Guitarsoup said:

Just not sure why you are here an d why this is the hill you have chosen to die on. No one here is being defensive except you.

https://hoopshype.com/2024/05/26/damian-lillard-thinks-victor-wembanyama-could-be-nbas-best-player-by-next-season/

https://www.si.com/nba/spurs/free-agency/san-antonio-spurs-they-all-want-to-play-with-victor-wembanyama-how-true-is-analyst-assertion

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10117462-victor-wembanyama-has-received-some-messages-from-nba-players-looking-to-join-spurs

https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-rob-dillingham-gets-100-real-potential-fit-with-san-antoniovictor-wembanyama-spurs

Run along now, kiddo

I'm not clicking on any of those... kiddo. I'm 44 years old and my daughter is class of 2026

I've proven my point over and over. Take the L like a man
Guitarsoup
AG
All that you have proven is you have no point and you don't know what you are talking about.

Now run along kiddo
Ag Natural
AG
I don't how the tampering rules work exactly. It seems like it get "leaked" all the time if a player wishes to wind up somewhere. Probably agents doing the leaking there. What is definitely against the rules is for a team to reach to a player on another team and/or talk publicly about wanting them. We also know that players can't openly lobby to get a player from another team. We know they talk to each other but that's not public.
Aggie Class of 2026
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

What a weird thing to come pick a fight about. Who cares that nobody has specifically come out and said "I want to go to San Antonio to play with Wemby". Like ultimately what is the point of this argument? It's glaringly obvious just from watching him on the court that other players are going to want to play with him, and then when you combine that with several credible sources mentioning that there are going to be other stars interested in linking up, I guess I just don't understand what you're trying to get at. You're really just coming off as a huge dbag by being so rude to everyone.
I didn't come here to fight. I asked a question, hoping that someone knew of this player or that player had stated he wanted to play along side Wemby. It wouldn't have mattered to me if it was in a podcast, an ESPN segment, their twitter, or some intentional leak to Stephen A.

For whatever reason, this guy convinced himself that players "really don't" "rarely" or however he stated it, don't, make it known where they wanna play. Its my guess that he assumed I was a fan of either Dallas, or Houston and was looking for ammo to poke fun of SA because no names have been mentioned (yet)

He assumed I was 19 or 20. He assumed the Houston/Dallas idea. God knows what else, why else in the world would a fan of "30" years claim players don't express who they want to play with? lol Its laughable and embarrassing on his part. Ill have to go back and reread. I'm fairly sure he first claimed they don't do it while under contract, which I provided a link showing they do. When I sent a link he came back with some weak argument just like he did with Draymond. But but...its a pod cast. WTF?

dude, take some Tylenol. those bruises will go away
Aggie Class of 2026
Ag Natural said:

I don't how the tampering rules work exactly. It seems like it get "leaked" all the time if a player wishes to wind up somewhere. Probably agents doing the leaking there.

oh... do they? talk to ya boy Guitar. He said they don't lol
Ag Natural
AG

Ag Natural said:

I don't how the tampering rules work exactly. It seems like it get "leaked" all the time if a player wishes to wind up somewhere. Probably agents doing the leaking there.

It is true that I've never heard a player under contract say he wanted to go somewhere specific. It's always leaked through other mouthpieces.

What I have heard are vague references to a player or coach. Like I've heard Labron say he's "love" to play for Pop one day. That's no different than those banana boat postcards where all those guys fanticized about being on the same team.
Aggie Class of 2026
Ag Natural said:

Ag Natural said:

It is true that I've never heard a player under contract say he wanted to go somewhere specific. It's always leaked through other mouthpieces.

What I have heard are vague references to a player or coach. Like I've heard Labron say he's "love" to play for Pop one day. That's no different than those banana boat postcards where all those guys fanticized about being on the same team.
Its this type of stuff that I came here to find out with regards to Wemby. But, I got two people saying otherwise and then rushing to childish emojis because they were to concerned with their E-ego.

Go Spurs Go!
West Texan
AG
Well it got real ****in weird in here…
AA
AG
Guitar and co26….
Aggie Class of 2026
Guitarsoup
AG

Ag Natural said:

Ag Natural said:

Its this type of stuff that I came here to find out with regards to Wemby. But, I got two people saying otherwise and then rushing to childish emojis because they were to concerned with their E-ego.

Go Spurs Go!

You didn't come here to find out ****, because when what you asked for was posted, you cried and said you wouldn't open the links.

Of course, you could have found all the same things with a 1 minute Google search.

Now run along little one
Guitarsoup
AG
Austin Spurs HC Will Voigt is joining BYU as an assistant coach. Will be interesting to see who PATFO hires to coach there.

Pierre Parker is an assistant already. TJ Parker is a free agent coach after getting fired by Tony Parker this season.
Guitarsoup
AG
The Athletic mailbag about what the perfect Spurs draft is
Guitarsoup
AG

West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

The Athletic mailbag about what the perfect Spurs draft is

I think as long as we come out with Castle at 4, I'm ok with any of the other outcomes mentioned.
Enzo The Baker
AG
LawHall88
AG
jteagle
AG
LawHall88 said:

I'm thinking second round or UDFA.
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

LawHall88 said:

I'm thinking second round or UDFA.

He's 6mo younger than Devin Vassell, almost certainly UDFA for camp
Enzo The Baker
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Not my first or 2nd choice, but id be ok with him at 8 depending on how the other chips fall, just not at 4
Enzo The Baker
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Not my first or 2nd choice, but id be ok with him at 8 depending on how the other chips fall, just not at 4

Absolutely. I kind of think Portland takes him. With Simmons likely on the block they will need shooting. And he already worked out for the Blazers. Spurs will be able to draft one of Castle, Sheppard, Risacher or Clingan. Those are the only ones at 4 im fine with, preferences on ascending order.
Ag Natural
AG
Why even consider "draft value" at this point? They should just take two guys they like. Who gives a crap if mocks show different values?

I love Castle the most. But I also like Klingan, Shepard, Buzelis, Williams, McCain, Carter, and Knect. I don't see any scenario where I'll be disappointed outside of Wright making some stupid trade.
superunknown
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

This @spursreporter fella is saying ATL and Spurs are talking about a trade of #1 for #4 & #8. Surely we'd be giving up more than that, but I'm conflicted on if its worth it.
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 122

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.