***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

211,221 Views | 3829 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by superunknown
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
superunknown said:

Enzo The Baker said:

This @spursreporter fella is saying ATL and Spurs are talking about a trade of #1 for #4 & #8. Surely we'd be giving up more than that, but I'm conflicted on if it's worth it.

If it's for Risacher, I almost think it's more likely he falls to 4 than the Spurs trading both picks to move up to take him. It would be a waste in this draft to consolidate.
Sher Thing
AG
Highly doubtful they trade 4+8 for him.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Exactly two weeks away from the draft today. Should be more dynamic leading up to the big night from here on out, although we probably won't see movement until draft week.
Guitarsoup
AG
Risacher's vertical was almost a foot lower than Reed Sheppard. He was among the bottom of the class in 3/4 Court sprint and shuttle run.

I don't think those times are super important but doesn't say much for his explosiveness
superunknown
AG
I agree, i don't think anyone in this draft is worth 4 + 8. My dream is Castle at 4 and then someone falls in love with someone who's available at 8 and does something dumb for that 8th pick. Where's this generation's Billy King in atrocious GM territory?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Risacher's vertical was almost a foot lower than Reed Sheppard. He was among the bottom of the class in 3/4 Court sprint and shuttle run.

I don't think those times are super important but doesn't say much for his explosiveness

According to KOC (or Givony?) the Europeans' skill measurements were lower across the board. Could have been measured differently there or the players didn't have enough time to train for those skills coming off their season. With that being said, I still think Risacher would be well in the bottom half for athleticism. Definitely not worth a #1 pick imo.
flashplayer
AG
I would give Atlanta 4 and 8 for #1 and draft Sarr in a heartbeat. But they will probably want one of their picks back and probably also don't want 2 high draft picks this year with their cap situation.

I wouldn't want to give up 4 + 8 + another future pick for Sarr. Most I would do is give them #4 and one of their future picks back.
Guitarsoup
AG
flashplayer said:

I would give Atlanta 4 and 8 for #1 and draft Sarr in a heartbeat. But they will probably want one of their picks back and probably also don't want 2 high draft picks this year with their cap situation.

I wouldn't want to give up 4 + 8 + another future pick for Sarr. Most I would do is give them #4 and one of their future picks back.

I think he could be a great PF running mate next to Wemby, but I'm just as high on Castle, tbh.

I think best case scenario for Sarr is Evan Mobley. Best case for Castle is bigger Jrue Holiday or even Scottie Pippen. Harder to find Jrue Holiday archetype than an athletic rim runner.

We need a lot of role players and have the opportunity to get two here.
Enzo The Baker
AG
flashplayer said:

IMO I don't think anyone in this draft is worth giving up two top 8 picks or a top 4 and unprotected 1st that is lottery bound. If we want to consolidate assets it the drafts proceeding this one, I think it would be more worthwhile. Just not this one.
West Texan
AG
If I were involved in the front office at all, I'd be looking for teams that want to move up and see if we can't get more future picks (preferably next year). I think we could get a couple of useful players from this draft, but I have my doubts about anyone becoming a future all star. There's about 6 dudes in the 25 draft that I think would go #1 right now if they were eligible. Let's get as many shots at high picks or leverage to move up in that draft.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

If I were involved in the front office at all, I'd be looking for teams that want to move up and see if we can't get more future picks (preferably next year). I think we could get a couple of useful players from this draft, but I have my doubts about anyone becoming a future all star. There's about 6 dudes in the 25 draft that I think would go #1 right now if they were eligible. Let's get as many shots at high picks or leverage to move up in that draft.

No one needs one of this year's projects bad enough to give up a 25 lottery pick
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

No one needs one of this year's projects bad enough to give up a 25 lottery pick

OKC has 3 protected picks next season: Miami top 14 protected, Utah top 10 protected, Philly top 6 protected. Maybe the fall in love with Clingan who's available at 4. Is do 4 for 12 and one of those picks they own next season.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

OKC has 3 protected picks next season: Miami top 14 protected, Utah top 10 protected, Philly top 6 protected. Maybe the fall in love with Clingan who's available at 4. Is do 4 for 12 and one of those picks they own next season.

Meh. OKC needs veteran leaders, not project draft picks. I don't see them moving up to get Clingan when they could go after someone like Jarrett Allen or another established player
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Meh. OKC needs veteran leaders, not project draft picks. I don't see them moving up to get Clingan when they could go after someone like Jarrett Allen or another established player

Mostly I'm just making a point that I think that moving back to the late lottery and a mid round first next year is worth one of our lottery picks this year.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Mostly I'm just making a point that I think that moving back to the late lottery and a mid round first next year is worth one of our lottery picks this year.
I just don't think there is anything like that out there.

Maybe New Orleans for the Lakers pick in 2025 if they really believed whoever was at 8 (Clingan, Dillingham?)
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Maybe New Orleans for the Lakers pick in 2025 if they really believed whoever was at 8 (Clingan, Dillingham?)

There may not be, but I'd hunt for something like that before I'd package 4+8 to move up to 1.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

There may not be, but I'd hunt for something like that before I'd package 4+8 to move up to 1.

Yeah, we are guaranteed one of Sarr, Risacher,Reed, or Castle at 4, so I don't see value in moving up.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Seeing this Celtics team is making me want a Carter/Castle backcourt.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

6th man Devin Vassell?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

6th man Devin Vassell?

Vassell at 3, Sochan at 4.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

6th man Devin Vassell?

I want bigger than Devin/Sochan at forward.

Not bad size.

Wemby, 6'8, 6'6, 6'5, 6'2 but not great either
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

6th man Devin Vassell?

Not bad size.

It's not the greatest but way better than we have now. Sochan and Carter have pretty large + wingspans too. And that's a nasty ass defensive team.

Edit: Also, we aren't building our final team this year. We can go for front court depth next draft. With that and free agency/trades, those 5 could be part a very good 8 man rotation in 2 years.
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

6th man Devin Vassell?

Not bad size.

It's not the greatest but way better than we have now. Sochan and Carter have pretty large + wingspans too. And that's a nasty ass defensive team.

Edit: Also, we aren't building our final team this year. We can go for front court depth next draft. With that and free agency/trades, those 5 could be part a very good 8 man rotation in 2 years.

Sprinkle in some Cissoko and that defense is getting nasty.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

6th man Devin Vassell?

Not bad size.

Yeah, I agree with that. I just really like the idea of a Salaun or Risacher being able to play next to Sochan long term. Also where my love is the idea of Sarr at PF comes from.

Maybe we can get Dadiet at 35. 6'8 217 with 6'9 wingspan and 36" vertical. KOC compared him to Mike Finley
jteagle
AG
Celtics starting lineup last night was 6'9", 6'8", 6'6", 6'4", 6'4"

On the other side, Luka has good size but he was a huge liability on defense. Size is sometimes overrated.
Guitarsoup
AG
Luka was more of a liability for mental reasons
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Mentality for sure but there's also a reason Fin took away a beer from him after the WCF championship. He's gotta get in shape and put in the effort on that end. Respect to him for playing through injuries but he's gotta play through them on both ends.
superunknown
AG
His reactions towards the refs are quicker than his reactions on defense.
jteagle
AG
Guitarsoup said:

He did some dumb stuff for sure but his defense was pretty much crap.
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle said:

Guitarsoup said:

It's way better than it was though, last night not withstanding. If he works on his conditioning and changes his mentality, he has even more room to improve.
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

Guitarsoup said:

All mental problems. His defense was really good the first two rounds.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

jteagle said:

Guitarsoup said:

All mental problems. His defense was really good the first two rounds.

Boston always has five dudes on the court that can score, so there's no where for Luka to hide. They hunt him pretty much every time down the floor. Throw in his horrific mental breakdowns like the sequence to end the first quarter last night where he bricks two step back 3s and flips to try and get calls and it leads to 5 points for the Celtics, and his liabilities on that end are really being exposed.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Dear God. B/R is drunk.
Guitarsoup
AG
LOL, there's no way he's just way too timid
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

LOL, there's no way he's just way too timid

I wouldn't be mad at 8, but he's probably at least two years away from cracking a meaningful rotation. At least.
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 110

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.