Is anyone watching the playoffs?

32,571 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Iowaggie
Bonfired
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This feels like history is going to be made on Monday...if Miami can pick themselves up off the floor after this heartbreaker and win a Game 7 in Boston, they'll deserve a lot of credit.
Dan Scott
AG
Boston -8.5
M.C. Swag
AG
Not a lot of money but I put $25 on the Celtics to win the series after game 3. Lol can't believe they're going to pull it off.

agdaddy04
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Not a lot of money but I put $25 on the Celtics to win the series after game 3. Lol can't believe they're going to pull it off.

Hoping the guy that bet on Heat vs Nuggets earlier in the year took the $8k cash out.
Iowaggie
AG
Imagine how Doc Rivers or Joe Mazulla would be portrayed if they had a 3-0 lead but now were going to a game 7.

Carlo4
AG
agdaddy04 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Hoping the guy that bet on Heat vs Nuggets earlier in the year took the $8k cash out.

You sure about that
LawHall88
AG
Celtics come all the way back to tie the series and throw out a stinker in Game 7 at home. Brutal.
txagman1998
AG
Yup, what a stunning meltdown at home in Game 7.
sincereag
Miami bringing the heat tonight to take the series.
TyHolden
AG
Buckets....
La Bamba
AG
Has there ever been 2x #8 seeds reach their respective finals from the same region in the same year? Has that ever been done in American sports? I suppose you can sub in making it to the Super Bowl as a wildcard team.

Tremendous year for South Florida.
txagman1998
AG
Coach Buzz getting some love from Ernie Johnson and Jimmy Butler.
agdaddy04
AG
Well that's why I'm not gambling anymore… but when he went from $50 to a guaranteed $8k or potentially $0, I think it would've been a smart move.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The Miami Heat overcame incredible odds to go from the NBA play-in all the way to the NBA Finals. The Heat lost to the Atlanta Hawks 116-105 in their first play-in game on April 11th before defeating the Chicago Bulls 102-91 3 days later to enter the playoffs as the No. 8 seed. Then, the Heat defeated the No. 1 Milwaukee Bucks 4-1 in the first round, the No. 5 New York Knicks 4-2 in the Eastern Conference Semifinals, and the No. 2 Boston Celtics 4-3 in the Eastern Conference Finals to become the first 8th seed to reach the NBA Finals since the 1999 New York Knicks and just the second ever 8th seed to do that.
TyHolden
AG
txagman1998 said:

Coach Buzz getting some love from Ernie Johnson and Jimmy Butler.
missed that - what was said?
txagman1998
AG
Not the full clip, but Ernie Johnson said he was texting with Buzz, who coached Jimmy Butler at Marquette, and said that Butler was never satisfied. Then Butler said that Coach Buzz told him to rely on his teammates.

LawHall88
AG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I thought the TNT crew had a down year this year because they focused a little too heavily on the jokes, but still going to miss them heading into the Finals. The ESPN studio crew sucks.
GigEmMortis
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

I thought the TNT crew had a down year this year because they focused a little too heavily on the jokes, but still going to miss them heading into the Finals. The ESPN studio crew sucks.

I dunno man, the jokes were solid though. I'll still go back and watch the clip of Shaq and Chuck roasting Derrick White's hairline from time to time.

But you're 100% correct about the espn crew
Iowaggie
AG
The Pilot
AG
I'm hoping for Denver in 5.
CFTXAG10
AG
TyHolden
AG
I'm a buckets fan now….Miami in 6
Buck Turgidson
I've never been much of an NBA fan, but my two boys have gotten me to like Jokic quite a bit. We'll be watching the finals mainly to root for him.
GrayMatter
AG
I want Jimmy to get his ring. Miami has done the unthinkable and are 4 wins from the ship. They're the quintessential underdog in the series throughout the playoffs and are peaking at the right time.

But....

I really don't see how they beat Denver. Denver is not Boston and their best player is a big man who can shoot better than Giannis and is the best big they've played against against thus far. LA might have neutralized him a bit because of AD, but Adebayo alone isn't going to cut it.

They can't zone Denver like they did Boston; Denver, one through five can shoot from long distance.

Miami will get a couple, but I don't see them taking 4 from Denver after all this rest. Denver in 6.
Guitarsoup
AG
What's the over under on someone mentioning that the last time a 8th seed made the Finals, an ABA team won their first title?
GrayMatter
AG
4 times a game. At least once a quarter.

I'm dreading the horrible analysis by the ABC/ESPN crew and the amount of commercials.
Iowaggie
AG
If the announcing crew was Mike Breen and JVG, I would be happy.

But Mark Jackson is the worst.

West Texan
AG
Iowaggie said:

If the announcing crew was Mike Breen and JVG, I would be happy.

But Mark Jackson is the worst.

I guess some people enjoy him, because he continues to get big games, but good lord I can't stand him.
aggiephoenix02
I hope it's a fun series and goes all seven games…
Woods Ag
AG
I'll make a prediction that may bite my ass in the end. But let's wait till the end…

I love Jimmy Butler but I think he's wore out. I think he wore out after the first couple Boston games.

He may be good for a game this series but in the end we'll think he didn't play up to par.

They may not have a chance regardless, but they got zero chance without Jimmy magic.
Woods Ag
AG
He's horrible. And the racist POS didn't have Jokic in his top 5 mvp ballet. He should never have another vote.

Bc he was so humiliated he keeps heaping praise on Jokic. "Unbelievable. Playing out of this world.." **** off already.
LawHall88
AG
The Jokic kid may have a future in this league.
aggiephoenix02
LawHall88 said:

The Jokic kid may have a future in this league.
I dig this guys style. He's always looking to get the ball to the basket, whether it's him doing it, or a short dish, bounce pass, kick out, etc. He's like a conductor, The Maestro…

Edit: The Maestro, psshh, that's such a dumb analogy.
He's more like… The Locksmith. Yeah, like he's unlocking the defense. His in play basketball IQ is amazing.
aggiephoenix02
Update: In the postgame interview the reporter said his teammates call him. "The Maestro"…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.