***NBA Playoffs Thread***

40,252 Views | 446 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Iowaggie
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

So it's obviously ****ty for a fan to dump popcorn, or anything else, on a player...but Westbrook clearly never learned how to live in society like the rest of us. A lot of how he talks makes it clear he would probably have multiple felony assault charges if he hadn't made it into the NBA.

I heard they want to take away the season ticket privileges for that Philly fan, and apparently this has been an issue from him from other venues.
Here's a picture of the fan they are trying to track down.

By the way, is it ok to say, it's just popcorn.

Philly fans and their popcorn need to be investigated

awrollins
The Heat suck.
AG@RICE
AG
Its crazy, but the Heat could have really used Kelly Olynyk. His shooting would have made Lopez play differently and they could have matched the Bucks size.

Terrible trade for them in retrospect.
PascalsWager
AG
Clippers in 6.
Saint Pablo
PascalsWager said:

Clippers in 6.
Mavs in 4
PascalsWager
AG
Just wanted to give Derrick Rose his credit. He's achieved self realization and contentment. Hardest thing for a professional athlete at his level. Very happy for him.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
So what are everyone's thoughts on fans being back in the building? The one good thing about Texas reopening quicker than everyone else is that it seems like we shook off all the quarantine rust already. Rockets games were fine, the Astros games have been fine (except for last Tuesday). But by my count, this is what's happened so far:

Utah - Fans going over the line with Morant/Brooks family (Utah fans are generally known to be terrible though)
Was - Guy throwing popcorn on Russ
Was - Guy running on the court
Bos - Guy throwing bottle at Kyrie

Am I missing any? I'm fully expecting an Artest reaction soon if things keep happening.
PascalsWager
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

So what are everyone's thoughts on fans being back in the building? The one good thing about Texas reopening quicker than everyone else is that it seems like we shook off all the quarantine rust already. Rockets games were fine, the Astros games have been fine (except for last Tuesday). But by my count, this is what's happened so far:

Utah - Fans going over the line with Morant/Brooks family (Utah fans are generally known to be terrible though)
Was - Guy throwing popcorn on Russ
Was - Guy running on the court
Bos - Guy throwing bottle at Kyrie

Am I missing any? I'm fully expecting an Artest reaction soon if things keep happening.
Having the fans back at near full capacity everywhere outside CA has been great. The energy, and crowd chants (especially Miami's 10 second countdown on Giannis) have made these playoffs feel like normal is back.

I'm not sure what anything in the bubble meant or counted for. It was a sterile environment that no one watched. The TV ratings and attendances reflect that people are enjoying the games again.

Of the cases you mentioned we can talk about them individually
Utah - A lot of fans were going back and forth with the Morants. When people went over the line, the other Jazz fans turned on the individuals and helped security ID the people who said the racist stuff.

Was - guy throwing popcorn probably should've been banned. But I have a hard time going beyond that. Its popcorn dropped on Russ more than thrown. The guy running on the court isn't meaningful beyond that. Streakers and such have gotten in the Superbowl and the World Cup Semis. That guy is going to be charged probably. I'm not sure that fits in with the other incidents.

Bos - Kyrie is going to try hard to make this a race thing. But I think its just a Kyrie thing. Boston people felt he barely tried when he was on the team. Some of it is fair criticism. He can feel however he wants. I empathize with his feelings but don't necessarily think the guy should be on trial for battery or whatever. Boston has a bad reputation for being a racist city. I don't think it helps them much with that label.

Another incident you didn't mention was some guy yelling F you at Carmelo in Denver. That guy was holding a LONG grudge. I think he got thrown out. Its such a lazy line to throw at him. He got thrown out.
Personally I think everyone should yell Ball-Stopper at Carmelo. That'll get under his skin.

I don't expect an Artest situation because you have a different crop of NBA player than we did in the early 2000s. This group is largely middle to upper middle class growing up. They're much more self aware, brand aware, and at best pretend to be tough guys. They're not going to risk their careers or give up the moral high ground. That's good news. Because we don't need these distractions. This first round has delivered big time entertainment. We need to get to a hotly anticipated 2nd round, with fans and crowds, with everyone healthy and eligible.

Oh and if we get Clippers vs Nets like I expect in the Finals, none of their local fans care enough to do much damage physically or verbally.
Saint Pablo
Danny Ainge fired and Brad Stevens moved to FO.
Iowaggie
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Iowaggie
AG
EastSideAg2002
The Jazz put up 47 in the first
Fat Bib Fortuna
Saint Pablo said:

If someone would now throw a basketball into Danny Ainge's face at point-blank range, my life would be complete.

Enzo The Baker
AG
The Hawks will have a legit chance of making the ECF if Embiid isn't good to go. Didn't see that happening.
i is smart
AG
Those Philly mascots are next level.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
Carlo4
AG
Saint Pablo said:

West:

1st Round
1 Utah Jazz vs 8 Memphis Grizzlies
2 Phoenix Suns vs 7 Los Angeles Lakers
3 Denver Nuggets vs 6 Portland Trailblazers
4 Los Angeles Clippers vs 5 Dallas Mavericks

2nd Round
1 Utah Jazz vs Clippers/Mavericks Winner
Suns/Lakers Winner vs Nuggets/Trailblazers Winner

East:

1st Round
1 Philadelphia 76ers vs 8 Washington Wizards
2 Brooklyn Nets vs 7 Boston Celtics
3 Milwaukee Bucks vs 6 Miami Heat
4 New York Knicks vs 5 Atlanta Hawks

2nd Round
1 Philadelphia 76ers vs 5 Atlanta Hawks
2 Brooklyn Nets vs 3 Milwaukee Bucks
FIFY update. Bold has advanced. East is already set for the second round and will start this weekend.
theNetSmith
AG
Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pulling for ACFresh and the Lakers tonight to force a Game 7. Gonna need a huge game from LBJ if AD isn't back.
West Texan
AG
theNetSmith said:

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pulling for ACFresh and the Lakers tonight to force a Game 7. Gonna need a huge game from LBJ if AD isn't back.

**** the lakers
Saint Pablo
Seconded.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Enzo The Baker said:

The Hawks will have a legit chance of making the ECF if Embiid isn't good to go. Didn't see that happening.

Hawks are 31-11 since March 2. Rest of the East needs to wake up and realize how dangerous they are.
CFTXAG10
AG
Good game between Portland-Denver. Getting chippy
CFTXAG10
AG
Spoke too soon. Portland melting down
Fat Bib Fortuna
CFTXAG10 said:

Good game between Portland-Denver. Getting chippy
Nuggets looking to land the knockout punch, on a 15-2 run to go up 9 with 3:43 to play.

Good lord, if Lillard and LeBron got eliminated the same night, ESPN would soil its diaper and just start showing softball and water polo highlights.
CFTXAG10
AG
Denver advances 4-2

Lillard 1/9 in the 2nd half. Ouch.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Portland's score by quarter 33-35-33-14.

Rip Choke City.
CFTXAG10
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Portland's score by quarter 33-35-33-14.

Rip Choke City.

The end of the 3rd and all of the 4th had to be a tough watch for Portland fans.
Fat Bib Fortuna
You hate to see it ... but not really.

Suns up 40-16 early 2Q on Bron Bron
FTAG 2000
AG
Why is the replay monkey sitting in the studio with a mask on? I know China is calling the shots for the nba these days but come on guys, lose the stupid mask
EastSideAg2002
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

You hate to see it ... but not really.

Suns up 40-16 early 2Q on Bron Bron
Bonfired
AG
Going to see some new-ish blood in the Finals team-wise. I wouldn't mind seeing Brooklyn exit stage left soon, either. Top NBA brass probably disagrees, but to hell with what they want.

Last Finals appearance for teams remaining:

76ers: 2001
Nets: 2003
Bucks: 1974
Hawks: 1961 (were in St. Louis)
Suns: 1993
Jazz: 1998
Nuggets: Never
Clippers (Never)/Mavericks: 2011
MookieBlaylock
AG
So not making rhe playoffs doesnt count as a first round exit?

Such a lazy stat by the media
Saint Pablo
MookieBlaylock said:

So not making rhe playoffs doesnt count as a first round exit?

Such a lazy stat by the media
Really? Missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. Losing in the first round is a first round exit, no?
EastSideAg2002
Iowaggie
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

Such a weak T.

I think LeBron James's playoff record for games played West of the Mississippi River is 10-22.

And for those who like the Gone Fishin' segment.
rausr
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.