***NBA Playoffs Thread***

40,238 Views | 446 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Iowaggie
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Why does Bud's job still not feel safe even after a championship?

Because if Kevin Durant's foot is a couple inches back at the end of that playoff game, the Bucks don't play the Hawks, and Bud probably is gone
Rusty GCS
AG
hph6203 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

I wonder what the record is for points in a Finals clincher? Giannis at 45 and counting.
Bob Petit, 1958, 50 points.

Next highest was Jordan in 1998 with 45.

LSU has a surprising amount of high end NBA alumni (for a school that puts basketball 3rd by a wide margin)
GCP12
AG
Did the fans boo silver?
AggieUSMC
AG
Quote:

I explained it to my 15 year old who is adopted from China. Some of you may just not be good parents.
I remember it quite well because I'm an old fart. But that was in 2006. There are some whipper snappers on TexAgs now who were in grade school back then.
MW03
AG

Fido04
AG
Boourns?
MW03
AG
Bud always looks like he's about to get a DWI mugshot taken
Olsen
AG
Aaron Rodgers gets another ring from this? (He's a minority owner for the Bucks.)
TyHolden
AG
time to unleash the beast...

GCP12
AG
It doesn't hurt that giannis seems like a genuinely great dude
TyHolden
AG
Middleton getting his pub
Ervin Burrell
AG
Khris isn't letting go of the O'Brien.
Mookie
AG
This whole team is hilarious. Blue collar like their town.
94chem
MaximusDMeridius said:

Best pro we've ever produced.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
GCP12
AG
Just doesn't feel right without Rachel Nichols conducting those interviews...
MW03
AG
GCP12 said:

It doesn't hurt that giannis seems like a genuinely great dude

Loved him since I saw the smoothie tweet.
Sports-Ag
AG
Iowaggie said:

Sports-Ag said:

Back to back Aggies with a NBA championship. Caruso and Middleton!

Will they ever met in finals or well it be like Kobe-LeBron and be the matchup America wanted, but never got.

I'm a Giannis fan but wouldn't hurt if he developed a perimeter shot. Keep adding to his skills.
GCP12
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Iowaggie said:

Sports-Ag said:

Will they ever met in finals or well it be like Kobe-LeBron and be the matchup America wanted, but never got.

I'm a Giannis fan but wouldn't hurt if he developed a perimeter shot. Keep adding to his skills.
Obviously that wouldn't hurt, but if he can just shoot FTs close to how he did tonight, I think it would get real scary
Sports-Ag
AG
GCP12 said:

Sports-Ag said:

Iowaggie said:

Sports-Ag said:

Obviously that wouldn't hurt, but if he can just shoot FTs close to how he did tonight, I think it would get real scary

Agree. He was great tonight and if he can do that then watch out.
MW03
AG
This is pretty ****ing cool

Iowaggie
AG
94chem said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

This might be true, or it might be based on likability or just in the moment, but right now, there is only one former player who was All-NBA 3x and All-Defensive team 2x.

Pumpkinhead
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Iowaggie said:

Sports-Ag said:

The guy has two season MVPs, and NBA title and NBA Finals MVP, and just played one of the best NBA Finals series in history averaging 35.2 ppg, 13.2 rebounds per game, and a bunch of blocks.

He is basically physically unstoppable when he decides to just power it to the rim. And he has showed that he is smart enough to know that and stops trying threes mostly once it is crunch playoff time. he has also showed that he has no mental fears going to the FT line despite his inconsistency there.

he is 26 years old. He is officially 'scary' for the rest of the league for another 6-7 years minimum while he is in his physical prime, barring catastrophic injury.
94chem
Iowaggie said:

94chem said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

This might be true, or it might be based on likability or just in the moment, but right now, there is only one former player who was All-NBA 3x and All-Defensive team 2x.

Middleton already has 1000 more points and will tie Jordan in ASG next season. I could see an argument for even right now, but not for long.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
jteagle
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

The guy has two season MVPs, and NBA title and NBA Finals MVP, and just played one of the best NBA Finals series in history averaging 35.2 ppg, 13.2 rebounds per game, and a bunch of blocks.

He is basically physically unstoppable when he decides to just power it to the rim. And he has showed that he is smart enough to know that and stops trying threes mostly once it is crunch playoff time. he has also showed that he has no mental fears going to the FT line despite his inconsistency there.

he is 26 years old. He is officially 'scary' for the rest of the league for another 6-7 years minimum while he is in his physical prime, barring catastrophic injury.
I would never root for the Lakers but a finals that matched Giannis and Lebron would be an interesting series to watch.
PascalsWager
AG
There is no argument regular awards and accomplishments mean almost nothing like the regular season itself. If Deandre is even your 3rd best player you can't even make the conference finals. He's great and our clear 2nd best player ever. By a huge margin.
Iowaggie
AG
jteagle said:

Pumpkinhead said:

I would never root for the Lakers but a finals that matched Giannis and Lebron would be an interesting series to watch.

As if people would even notice LeBron and Giannis were on the floor. America would be all in on the Caruso v Middleton matchup.
jteagle
AG
Iowaggie said:

jteagle said:

Pumpkinhead said:

As if people would even notice LeBron and Giannis were on the floor. America would be all in on the Caruso v Middleton matchup.
Of course they would, I meant that Lebron vs Giannis would be a great side story.
Iowaggie
AG
Chick-fil-a got a boost in their previously unknown 50 count (not 51, not 49) tray.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.