******* 2020-2021 San Antonio Spurs ********

80,536 Views | 1262 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Enzo The Baker
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
West Texan said:

Enzo The Baker said:

According to Shams, Spurs are taking calls on DeMar, LMA, Mills, Gay and Lyles (lolz). Doubt anything happens but he's been the most trusted source to date that has reported this.

Lyles has played well lately. He's big, gives teams a little bit of versatility because he's pretty good at a lot of things, but he's also been buried on our bench when we're at full strength. I can see why some teams might look at him as someone that could contribute and it also wouldn't really hurt us, especially with Luka playing better and better each night.
I don't know what you get for Lyles though. Why trade a guy making $1m for a second round pick at best?
Enzo The Baker
AG
I think it's that exactly. Early second rounder of this year's draft might be enticing. Short of that, meh.
Ag Natural
AG
For some reason the spurs just don't play well against OKC. These are costly losses.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Looks like DJ made up for his lack of turnovers in the last string of games tonight.
Sports-Ag
AG
Guys just looked tired in the second half. All the guys should be back next week after the all star break. It was nice to see the younger guys get some work in.
Enzo The Baker
AG
If they are tired now, they are going to be absolutely gassed in the second half of the season with games more than every other day. The Spurs did not take advantage of their easy month of basketball. Not being able to at least split against OKC and MEM will really come back to bite us. 7-6 since 1/30. That's bad.
jteagle
AG
Games like last night just prove that they aren't quite there yet. They have lots of talent and play really well together but they are very young and they play down to their opponents at times. Personally I think they will get there but not yet!
Ag Natural
AG
Theyll probably benefit from getting White, Aldridge, Gay and Vassell back too.
Enzo The Baker
AG
According to the Ringer, the Spurs are 1 of 4 teams that have expressed significant interest in Vuc.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

According to the Ringer, the Spurs are 1 of 4 teams that have expressed significant interest in Vuc.
That would be huge if they could pull it off. I wonder what they would have to give up.
Guitarsoup
AG
Vuc for LMA straight up!
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Vuc for LMA straight up!

I wish. Would probably have to be LMA, Lonnie and a 1st or something similar
Ag Natural
AG
It would be interesting. Orlando would be getting off the last 2.5 years of that contract. I really don't think the price would be all that high.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

It would be interesting. Orlando would be getting off the last 2.5 years of that contract. I really don't think the price would be all that high.
He's putting up 25p/12r/4a on 48/41/85 shooting. But it is also a ****ty team, so could just be inflated.

But a good passing euro that can drain threes? By god, that's Pop's music.
Enzo The Baker
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Guitarsoup said:

Vuc for LMA straight up!

I wish. Would probably have to be LMA, Lonnie and a 1st or something similar

I would do this if the Spurs felt the move would make them a 2nd round playoff team for the next 5 years. Wouldn't give up anything more than that though. Otherwise lukewarm on acquiring a 30 year old.
MookieBlaylock
AG
No not lonnie

Sports-Ag
AG
I like that trade for Vucevic. I'm sure Orlando is going to want a load for him since he is or one of their best players. Hopefully Spurs don't give up a bunch of our young core.

With Lonnie, he's improved but not as much as I would like. I like Lonnie but not sold on him yet.
SanAntonio
AG
I would support that trade.
Enzo The Baker
AG
White and Gay back tonight. Vassell still out due to conditioning.
AG
Sam Amico wrote that a deal of Poeltl, Murray AND picks...MAY ...get the job done for Vucevic...

****. That. *****

And no way do PATFO do that deal. Zero chance
Enzo The Baker
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Sam Amico wrote that a deal of Poeltl, Murray AND picks...MAY ...get the job done for Vucevic...

****. That. *****

And no way do PATFO do that deal. Zero chance

Yea. Parting with Murray would be tough. I wouldn't make that deal, especially with White's continued injury setbacks. I think that the Magic will likely ask for more than the spurs would be willing to give up.

Edit: Also add the fact that Vuc is approaching the downside of his career, that deal makes absolutely no sense.
LawHall88
AG
Boom.
Cappo
AG
LawHall88 said:

Boom.

whoa..wtf? see ya
LawHall88
AG
Cappo said:

LawHall88 said:

Boom.

whoa..wtf?
I assume they couldn't find any trade takers (or none that wouldn't require taking on expensive dead weight in return), so they just bought him out. Bet he signs with the Celtics.
Cappo
AG
LawHall88 said:

Cappo said:

LawHall88 said:

Boom.

whoa..wtf?
I assume they couldn't find any trade takers (or none that wouldn't require taking on expensive dead weight in return), so they just bought him out. Bet he signs with the Celtics.
Yep just was saying that to a buddy
AG
Oh snap
Sports-Ag
AG
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88 said:

Cappo said:

LawHall88 said:

Boom.

whoa..wtf?
Spoke too soon - no buyout yet. One way or the other, though, he's done with the Spurs.
azul_rain
Why
jteagle
AG
hedge said:

Why
He is obviously not in their long term plans and from the looks of it he's not even in their short term plans. I have a feeling the way Luka has played in the last week has a lot to do with it. They have alot of young guys that need playing time and he was on his way out any way.
Sports-Ag
AG
So the big guys Spurs have are Poetl, Lyles, and Eubanks unless I'm missing someone else.
jteagle
AG
Sports-Ag said:

So the big guys Spurs have are Poetl, Lyles, and Eubanks unless I'm missing someone else.
In today's league Samanic is a big man even though he isn't a traditional big.
Guitarsoup
AG
Rudy Gay, DeRozan mainly plays "power" forward, Luka
Enzo The Baker
AG
Aldridge was the biggest name FA signing in franchise history. Really had a shot of competing for titles with him and Kawhi. He probably could have asked to get out a lot sooner. He kept us relevant for longer and was a true professional. I hope he can play for a ship.
azul_rain
Kawhi containing to duck is over

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.