******* 2020-2021 San Antonio Spurs ********

78,953 Views | 1262 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Enzo The Baker
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Pop is 3 wins away from 1,300.
Not looking good tonight. It's like the Philly game all over again.
West Texan
AG
We look like *****
azul_rain
Pop needs to retire, time to rebuild from ground up
jteagle
AG
When Demar isn't in the lineup they don't have a consistent scorer.
jteagle
AG
Spurs battling back and they Bulls are falling apart in crunch time.
LawHall88
AG
Didn't see this coming. Good game.
West Texan
AG
We played terrible for 2 and a half quarters and still find a way to win. The resiliency is awesome. Big time game from Jakob and he really helped keep us in the game.
West Texan
AG
hedge said:

jteagle
AG
Outscored them 39-19 in the 4th quarter.
Ag Natural
AG
hedge said:

Pop pulls the right strings tonight. He went to a 2-2-1 3/4 trap and it changed the game. I think he loves having all these young guys and he's still a genius.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Heat wanted to trade for Gay but the Spurs were asking for too much. So they turned to Ariza instead.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Heat wanted to trade for Gay but the Spurs were asking for too much. So they turned to Ariza instead.
Did you hear who the Heat were offering? One thing I saw said they were only offering expiring contract players(Olynyk and Harkless) and a 2nd round draft pick which really doesn't help us.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea I assume a 1st or one of their young guns wasn't in the offer.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Windy says we have offers for Aldridge, just a matter of us being willing to take back LT contracts.
Ulrich
Enzo The Baker said:

Trevor Ariza? Isn't he like 50 by now?

Just googled, he's one year older than Rudy Gay. For some reason I thought he was older. Not that Gay is a spring chicken anymore.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Yea I assume a 1st or one of their young guns wasn't in the offer.

If the Spurs didn't demand Duncan Robinson be included in any deal with Miami, then organizationally I don't know what we're doing. If ever there was someone who should be a Spur, it's a guy named Duncan Robinson.
Enzo The Baker
AG
DD out again tomorrow. Seems like a lot of games to be missing especially seeing as how he came back after his dad passed. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ulrich said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Trevor Ariza? Isn't he like 50 by now?

Just googled, he's one year older than Rudy Gay. For some reason I thought he was older. Not that Gay is a spring chicken anymore.
Ariza owns the record for most times traded. Ten times - about every 100 games he plays.
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Did you hear who the Heat were offering? One thing I saw said they were only offering expiring contract players(Olynyk and Harkless) and a 2nd round draft pick which really doesn't help us.
We'd get a 2nd? Jump all over that
Ag Natural
AG
Uh no. Gay is valuable to the development of this team. More valuable than a 2nd round future pick
jteagle
AG
I agree. 2nd round picks are almost a throw away although I do think Tre Jones has a chance to be a contributor.
Sports-Ag
AG
Demar is back tonight.
Sports-Ag
AG
Kelvin already with 20 rebounds with 7 minutes left.
agwin12
AG
Kekdon finishes with 23 points and 21 rebounds.
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein
West Texan
AG
Didn't watch because of March Madness, but good god a 20/20 game by a dude that's 6'5"?!? Incredible!
jteagle
AG
West Texan said:

Didn't watch because of March Madness, but good god a 20/20 game by a dude that's 6'5"?!? Incredible!

Only the 4th player 6'5" or under to have a 20/20 game in The NBA.
jteagle
AG
So they play the Bucks tonight to finish the road trip and then have a 9 game homestand!

This year's schedule is just weird!
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

Uh no. Gay is valuable to the development of this team. More valuable than a 2nd round future pick
I didn't read critically and was thinking we were still talking about theMarcus.
Ag Natural
AG
Murray and Mills both sitting tonight against the Bucks. That really showed in the 2nd quarter.
Sports-Ag
AG
Well on paper I thought the Spurs would win against Charlotte but no. Guys just didn't look in sync at times.
LawHall88
AG
Disappointing effort tonight. Lonnie only plays 9 minutes?
Enzo The Baker
AG
The ups and downs of a young team. Also doesn't help when the veterans we do have dont play like veterans. They haven't taken enough advantage of the games against sub 500 teams this season.
FTAG 2000
AG
Can't blame last night on the youth when the old man (Pop) was playing his old guys so much.

If he was featuring Gay and Patty in the fourth for trades, okay, cool, otherwise, just poor decisions on who to play by Pop.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Orlando fire sale. Toronto unloading Powell with Lowry likely to follow.

In the end the Spurs Kawhi trade will likely be Kawhi for Keldon Luka and Jack. All for a 13th and 14th pick in this year's draft. That's pretty disappointing. I get we value player development and veterans help that but man, we need to do a better job at getting value out of our assets that are leaving/clearly won't be in our team's long term plans.
Enzo The Baker
AG
And the Spurs make their first deadline trade since Nando in 2013.

Lyles to the Mavs baby. What a splash.

Edit: Shams got ahead of himself it appears. No Lyles in the deal. LOL Spurs can't even make a trade with Lyles.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.