******* 2020-2021 San Antonio Spurs ********

78,952 Views | 1262 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Enzo The Baker
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That blows.
LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
Gay's shooting this season has been terrible. He has gotta shoot at a better clip for our team to be competitive. Also at this point I'd much rather see Vassell than Lonnie on the court. At least he plays good defense.

Oh well. At least Keldon is bound to do something fun every game.
Enzo The Baker
AG
No one is closing out this game. Derozan is just standing around.
West Texan
AG
Our defense is so bad tonight.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Our vets should be ashamed. Only Keldon is playing with any fire.

What happened to Pop benching veterans when they don't play D? Gay and DeRozan get free passes apparently.
Sports-Ag
AG
21 three pointers from Utah and still 5:35 left in the game.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Luka Lol what a waste of a draft pick. Lucky we snagged KJ at 29.
rg4atm01
Brandon Clarke was available and would have added so much athleticism at a 4 right now.

Guitarsoup
AG
rg4atm01 said:

Brandon Clarke was available and would have added so much athleticism at a 4 right now.

Draft was pretty bad. After Luka, Clarke is probably the only person worth playing.
West Texan
AG
That was about the ugliest Spurs performance I've seen. As mentioned, Keldon is the only one who looked like he wanted to be out there tonight.
Enzo The Baker
AG
This is where Pop needs to come in and take out entire lineups that aren't playing defense. Our vets are not being held accountable on that end at all. If Keldon requested a trade tonight after the way the rest of his team played I wouldn't be upset. It's pretty pathetic.

This also shows that DeJounte has a long way to go consistency-wise. Really miss Derrick.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

rg4atm01 said:

Draft was pretty bad. After Luka, Clarke is probably the only person worth playing.

Yea it was a pretty bad draft.

Thybulle, Clarke, Bazely and THT (half serious) were still up for Grabs and could be contributing now.
Ag Natural
AG
The KJ pick is literally the only thing proping up the Luka pick. Thank God for that. Luka looks like he should have stayed in Europe a few more years.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yup. Those were my thoughts as well. He would have been better off playing in Europe instead being thrown in the fire here at 19 years old. And he's not the tough-minded 19 year old (TP) which is fine. But better for him to build his confidence and develop overseas before coming over here. He's a pretty timid player to begin with, but I think coming here early killed any chance of a long term NBA career, if he would have had one to begin with.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Yup. Those were my thoughts as well. He would have been better off playing in Europe instead being thrown in the fire here at 19 years old. And he's not the tough-minded 19 year old (TP) which is fine. But better for him to build his confidence and develop overseas before coming over here. He's a pretty timid player to begin with, but I think coming here early killed any chance of a long term NBA career, if he would have had one to begin with.

The lack of a summer league and a G league right now aren't helping Luka, or Vassel for that matter. Lots of young guys that need to develop outside of the big club setting around the league aren't getting that usual benefit.
Ulrich
Watched my first spurs game in the last year or so. I for one think our strategy of letting the opposing team tire out their arms with 35 consecutive open threes will pay dividends in a 7-game series.

Also really loving that we've doubled down on building our offense around 8-17 foot runners and pull ups, those definitely won't dry up at the end of games and in the playoffs when legs are tired and defensive intensity ratchets up.

Keldon Johnson looks really good, although the lane is going to get really crowded for him if we don't figure out how to make threes. We really need a point guard.

We've clearly got the bodies to play good defense, but our rotations and anticipation have a long way to go.
Ag Natural
AG
Ulrich said:

Watched my first spurs game in the last year or so. I for one think our strategy of letting the opposing team tire out their arms with 35 consecutive open threes will pay dividends in a 7-game series.

Also really loving that we've doubled down on building our offense around 8-17 foot runners and pull ups, those definitely won't dry up at the end of games and in the playoffs when legs are tired and defensive intensity ratchets up.

Keldon Johnson looks really good, although the lane is going to get really crowded for him if we don't figure out how to make threes. We really need a point guard.

We've clearly got the bodies to play good defense, but our rotations and anticipation have a long way to go.
I didn't understand the game against Utah at all. We seemed determined to pass up open 3s in order to get into the paint against their best defensive player. I love being aggressive but sometime that's just not smart. Defensively I think Pop got sick of us being carved up in the pick and roll so he went zone the whole second half. Utah was leisurely stroking 3s all night.

It's tough to evaluate these guys right now with 2 of our best players out. Clips and Lakers next. Ouch.
LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
Give it a couple of more weeks to see what the Spurs can do. If it doesn't look like we have a chance in the standings, play our young guys, ship out our vets and get a top pick. Less margin for error in this 72 game season.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Give it a couple of more weeks to see what the Spurs can do. If it doesn't look like we have a chance in the standings, play our young guys, ship out our vets and get a top pick. Less margin for error in this 72 game season.
I would ship LaMarcus, Gay and Patty tomorrow if we got good value back.

Hey Patty, thanks for not playing like **** so far. LaMarcus and Rudy, thanks for not playing like **** in past years.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Hey Patty, thanks for not playing like **** so far. LaMarcus and Rudy, thanks for not playing like **** in past years.

Given their salary, I think Gay and Mills are probably our best trade assets. Unfortunately I don't think they are good enough for a 1st rounder.
Ag Natural
AG
Unfortunately we'll need to wait and see who is desperate to make the playoffs. I dont see a deal happening until the trade deadline.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Given their salary, I think Gay and Mills are probably our best trade assets. Unfortunately I don't think they are good enough for a 1st rounder.
Mills could be a low first if he is still shooting the way he is. A PG with championship experience and is a great locker room guy that can light it up is pretty valuable for a team that could make a run. And teams that could make a run are bottom five picks anyway. You know, where Parker and Keldon came from.

I could see a team like New Orleans wanting him since Bledsoe and Lonzo cant shoot, Or philly for the same reason plus money ball
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Mills could be a low first if he is still shooting the way he is. A PG with championship experience and is a great locker room guy that can light it up is pretty valuable for a team that could make a run. And teams that could make a run are bottom five picks anyway. You know, where Parker and Keldon came from.

I could see a team like New Orleans wanting him since Bledsoe and Lonzo cant shoot, Or philly for the same reason plus money ball

True. I mean if Marcus Morris can fetch a 1st...
2008and1
AG
Technicolor Spurs >>>> Greyscale Spurs
Enzo The Baker
AG
Patty playing for his last LT NBA contract. His shooting percentage is ridiculous.
Sports-Ag
AG
Spurs with 20 threes and still 5:14 left. Ties franchise record.

Party with 8 of them so far.
LawHall88
AG
Spurs pooping the bed.
2008and1
AG
Pop should have called a timeout 6 points ago
Ag Natural
AG
Huge win.
2008and1
AG
Fiesta Spurs are 3-0. Black/White Spurs are 0-4.
Sports-Ag
AG
Suck it Clippers!

Pat Bev icing Mills on the FT telling the refs Mills should not be shooting when the refs said it's Mills but then listens to Bev and looks at the tape. They confirmed it was Mills which we all knew. Ridiculous.

Mills missed the first but makes the second. Kawhi misses the potential tying three. Spurs Win
Sports-Ag
AG
2008and1 said:

Hate to burst your bubble but Lakers beat the Spurs the first matchup with the fiesta jerseys.
2008and1
AG
Sports-Ag said:

2008and1 said:

Hate to burst your bubble but Lakers beat the Spurs the first matchup with the fiesta jerseys.

Damn I wasn't able to watch that one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.