******* 2020-2021 San Antonio Spurs ********

79,295 Views | 1262 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Enzo The Baker
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Wall tomorrow.
West Texan
AG

What could go wrong?
jteagle
AG
Brooklyn could definitely win the East. The only question is, do they have what it takes to beat whoever comes out of the West. Will they be able to play enough defense to beat the Lakers or the Clippers or even the Suns? I don't think they can.
M.C. Swag
AG
They could win the East but man, who is gonna guard Giannis?! or Bam?! or Sabonis? LIke, KD is theoretically going to have to guard Giannis/Butler/Tatum if they meet those dudes in the playoffs. If they don't score 120ppg, im not sure if they can win.
jteagle
AG
M.C. Swag said:

They could win the East but man, who is gonna guard Giannis?! or Bam?! or Sabonis? LIke, KD is theoretically going to have to guard Giannis/Butler/Tatum if they meet those dudes in the playoffs. If they don't score 120ppg, im not sure if they can win.
True! Deandre is going to get the bulk of it but he isn't as young as he used to be and he will need to play alot of minutes.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Can you idiots take this to the Eastern Conference thread?
M.C. Swag
AG
Nah
jteagle
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Can you idiots take this to the Eastern Conference thread?
The force is weak in this one!
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
What little basketball skill Poeltl had has been drained from him. Man he's having a crap season.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Our bigs are so bad.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Aldridge is just what he is. He's a block guy. He's not gonna turn into a stretch 5.
Enzo The Baker
AG
We are stuck with Aldridge for the rest of the year. No one is going to want him.
Enzo The Baker
AG
That loss is more embarrassing than the Jazz loss. Our vets have a problem. They aren't interested in winning. No fire whatsoever. And complaining about foul calls doesn't fall under that category.
Sports-Ag
AG
They were going after LMA in the paint with no problem. He has no hops. Spurs need a big man down low.

Blown lead in the fourth. I can't wait until Derrick White comes back from injury.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I almost think that this team should go small. Take Aldridge out of this rotation. Our team will be better. Not realistic though.
Enzo The Baker
AG
We should go after Collins ASAP. He'd fit in with our young guys so much better.
West Texan
AG
Turned it on for the second half and that ending was ugly. Demar, Patty, and LA are our worst defenders and we had all three of them on the floor to close it out. I can understand leaving Demar because of what he gives you offensively, but Patty was terrible tonight and LA wasn't giving you anything special on the offensive end either. Meanwhile, Lonnie, Dejounte, and Vassell are all sitting on the bench who all had good nights and and Jakob who wasn't great but is a far more capable defender than LA also on the bench. Really frustrating lineups down the stretch there.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

We should go after Collins ASAP. He'd fit in with our young guys so much better.

I just get worried about his asking price. I know we'll have plenty of cap space, but I also don't want to commit a huge chunk to another guy that plays no defense. Offensively, he's be perfect next to our young core.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Our Vets letting this team down is becoming a recurring theme this season.
Enzo The Baker
AG
As long as he can be somewhat mobile on the switch that would be light years better than what we have.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Our Vets letting this team down is becoming a recurring theme this season.

Patty has an off night. He's been really good this season, but we know who he is and when he's not hitting he doesn't give you anything else. He finished 1-7 from 3, so there was absolutely no reason for him to be out there in crunch time (especially when Lonnie has been terrific the last few games and was 4-7 from 3 tonight but only got 25 minutes).

Demar was a lot better in the 4th and was attacking and getting some buckets, so him being left in doesn't bother me as much. Go with the hot hand.

Idk if he's checked out or if age is just really kicking his ass but LA looks sllllooowww out there. They were just blowing by him and he couldn't stay in front or get off the ground to really contest anything either.

We gave up 34 points in the 4th and blew a 9 point lead. I'm pretty sure that blown lead started when LA came back in (could be wrong.)

Some positive is that Keldon was really good tonight, Lonnie was solid, Dejounte keeps finishing around the rim, and I really liked what I saw from Vassell as well
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

As long as he can be somewhat mobile on the switch that would be light years better than what we have.

Admittedly, I haven't watched much John Collins because why the hell would I watch the Hawks? But he's not a rim protector and doesn't carry much of a reputation for being a competent defender. Now, he's young enough that maybe he can still be molded into a decent defender the way we did with LA when he got here.
Ag Natural
AG
Effort was there tonight but defensive execution was lacking. Continually let guys go to the strong hand. Patty got abused even worse than normal.

I wonder what else Lonnie has to do to earn Patty's crunch time minutes.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Pop was speaking very highly about Patty before this game saying he should be a 6th man candidate. To his credit Patty has been playing a lot better this year but he has really slipped these past couple of games. When he's not hitting he's a net loss.
Guitarsoup
AG
Should have dumped LMA's old ass during the off-season for a bag of peanuts and some candy corn.
Sports-Ag
AG
I was asking myself why isn't Lonnie in the game in the end. Patty defense is limited but he was out there to make shots which he didn't.

The third quarter Keldon and Lonnie played great. I was thinking man add Derrick out there with them and they are going to be good.

I feel like every time a team makes a trade or fires a coach and the interim comes in, the Spurs play them the next game. The majority of time that team is amped up and wants to get that first win. Yesterday, I commented and was like of course the Spurs are going to play the Rockets next, knowing it would be tough.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Nurk just broke his wrist. We will take the poo poo platter for LaMarcus, Portland.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Nurk just broke his wrist. We will take the poo poo platter for LaMarcus, Portland.

Don't get my hopes up.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Quote:

"It's got nothing to do with defense (or) offense," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said of the late swoon. "It has to do with between the ears and being ready to play. And we had four or five guys who were out to lunch."

This has to be directed at our older guys. Aldridge especially.
FTAG 2000
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Quote:

"It's got nothing to do with defense (or) offense," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said of the late swoon. "It has to do with between the ears and being ready to play. And we had four or five guys who were out to lunch."

This has to be directed at our older guys. Aldridge especially.
He needs to direct at himself. Patty and LA were getting worked in the fourth. Use your eyes Pop, they didn't have it and shouldn't have ben out there at that point.

That's a classic Pop deflection quote. "eh, our game plan was sound, players weren't ready."

MookieBlaylock
AG
This team is garbage and Pop is the trashman
Sports-Ag
AG
Not seeing anything on here. Spurs up by 3 with 8:11 left in the fourth.
Sports-Ag
AG
Spurs win 103-91.

No Mills or LMA in the fourth when it was close. I think Pop learned his lesson from last time. Mills is in a shooting slump as of late.
Enzo The Baker
AG
We did it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.