Season might be over...

6,939 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Frok
lunchbox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Cedar09
I wouldn't care one bit. No play no pay.
LawHall88
AG
The season is over whether it continues or not. Nothing about the playoffs is legitimate if 2 of the best 4 teams don't play.
Texas A&M
It would make my week if they shut down this shi$ show.
Iowaggie
AG
WNBA needs to follow suit.
Post removed:
by user
Johnsy3
AG
Permanently
lunchbox

TheCurl84
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

WGAF? Football is here. Would rather watch my 2A football scrimmage than an NBA or MLB playoff game.
Please shut it down.

Which 2A program, RoyalOak?

lunchbox
Snake Jazz
The NBA is doing permanent damage to its brand.

I'm a Rockets fan, but I don't know if I ever want to watch the NBA again. Certainly not anytime soon.

I hope the rest of the teams play just to spite LeBron.
jeffdjohnson
It is illogical. If you want awareness for a cause then being on television helps. Going home and disappearing until December accomplishes the opposite.

This seems like an emotional decision unless players just are legit sick of being at Disney.
gigem1223
So does this mean the Mavs move on?
Forum Troll
AG
Idiots. NBA has been putting on a great show in the bubble despite that BLM nonsense. Now possibly ruining the season over this...I love the rockets but this is just so over the top.
Post removed:
by user
Iowaggie
AG
OK, I'm now wondering if some of the owners are thinking this might be OK if it happens. They lose some money now, but they have reason and leverage to force a new CBA. Those things take time to agree to, and if COVID-19 isn't allowing fans in the arenas for the start or all of the 2021 season, why pay players if you can't have a full season and can't guarantee playoff completion.

This isn't like past years when once a CBA is approved, they play in front of fans. Why approve a CBA (as owners) when you have no clue what your revenue is going to be and have contracts based on a revenue model that is out of date?

The players may have given them an out on paying full salaries for next season when for the NBA, it is probably best to get a good understanding of how they can manage COVID-19.
Pumpkinhead
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

WGAF? Football is here. Would rather watch my 2A football scrimmage than an NBA or MLB playoff game.
Please shut it down.

NBA players go through with cancelling, then don't be shocked if football gets ended same way. My confidence in college football happening would definitely sink. The current social unrest is now a bigger threat to ending sports seasons than COVID. Including football.
Trucker 96
Well bye
PatAg
AG
lunchbox said:

whoever is playing them automatically advances to the next round. **** both teams.
Not because of their message, but because they think they matter more than the rest of the league.
gigem1223
Pumpkinhead said:

RoyalOak00 said:

Please shut it down.

NBA players go through with cancelling, then don't be shocked if football gets ended same way. My confidence in college football happening would definitely sink. The current social unrest is now a bigger threat to ending sports seasons than COVID. Including football.

Football will go on with or without the woke warriors. Too many guys on squads making minimums that'll step right in for other.
A History Of Violence
AG
Lol.
https://twitter.com/search?q=I'm%20done%20with%20the%20nba&s=09

(It's copypasta, btw)
It could be raining titties and Gerg would get hit in the head with a f-cking dick. Good Lord you're dumb.
Sean Jeffrey Babineaux IV, posted 3:03p, 02/07/13
VictoryLapAg
AG
Please let it be over.
Pantera
AG
PatAg said:

lunchbox said:

whoever is playing them automatically advances to the next round. **** both teams.
Not because of their message, but because they think they matter more than the rest of the league.

Must be a Mavs fan
dcAg
Does anyone really care? These NBA egos are out of control.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Anyone who is supporting sexual assault criminal can go jump in the lake. Ban the NBA, Ban MLB.
BigOil
AG
dcAg said:

I do. I love sports and I don't let all that off the court/field stuff interfere with it.
rgag12
AG
BigOil said:

dcAg said:

I do. I love sports and I don't let all that off the court/field stuff interfere with it.

You must've not watched any since the restart. Thee "off the court" stuff is literally painted on the court, in the stands, and printed on the players.
MookieBlaylock
AG
All this over lies
Amazing
Mike Elko
AG
LeBron's such a phony POS. As others posted, please shut it down permanently. Enjoy your fraudulent high school education, fellas.
ShotOver
AG
NO. ONE. CARES.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It would make my year if the owners of the Clips and Lakes waived all their players today and said, OK! You're free to go be social justice crusaders now!
Joe Cole
I keep asking myself with all of these protests, what is the end game ? What is the point where they say , "yes, we are satisfied with the changes made"

answer - never

jeffdjohnson
I don't think they will go through with it, but nothing would shock me at this point.

1. It would cost them quite a bit of money. New CBA is coming up.
2. It would de-platform their message. The cameras won't be rolling when everyone goes home.
3. The players only have leverage over the owners in this situation, not policing agencies. The owners also don't have any direct leverage over police agencies. That makes the end game murky,
4. Even if policing agencies can be leveraged into some additional type of reform by the NBA it wouldn't necessarily stop an individual police officer from making the wrong decision. That is what makes this problem almost impossible to solve. It's not like Mark Cuban is going to ride out on patrol and gently remind officers to show restraint.

Also, I think the fact that these guys have been in a sterile Orlando hotel for 2 months now is being a little understated here. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of guys are sick of it and ready to throw in the towel. This is just a breaking point.
rgleml
AG
Good riddance
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.