******NBA 2020 Playoffs******

13,936 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Look Out Below
Look Out Below
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not in Game 2 they didn't. Completely the opposite IMO.
Slamn Sharpe
Look Out Below said:

Not in Game 2 they didn't. Completely the opposite IMO.

They're getting outplayed and its just that simple. Jokic is really good but the Lakers have an answer. Denver doesn't have an answer for Lebron/Davis
Look Out Below
AG
I thought the Lakers played pretty poorly in different areas at different points of the game -- turnovers in the first half, scoring in the second. Outside of Caruso and maybe KCP I thought the 'others' had off nights too. The goaltending missed call in the second half and the Dwight block that was clearly not a foul that they missed getting the challenge on in time in the first half led directly to four Denver points. Denver being known as the comeback kids and being faced with keeping them at bay. To have that many issues and still win with Jokic taking over the 4th quarter was encouraging if you're a Laker fan.

I don't understand why they aren't pounding the ball to Davis & Howard inside to wear down Jokic at that end. He's not the quickest guy and will foul. Should be using their depth to get out on the break more too. Way too many jump shots.
Iowaggie
AG
I would be interested to know what Grant said to Plumlee to completely leave Davis

Slamn Sharpe
Look Out Below said:

I thought the Lakers played pretty poorly in different areas at different points of the game -- turnovers in the first half, scoring in the second. Outside of Caruso and maybe KCP I thought the 'others' had off nights too. The goaltending missed call in the second half and the Dwight block that was clearly not a foul that they missed getting the challenge on in time in the first half led directly to four Denver points. Denver being known as the comeback kids and being faced with keeping them at bay. To have that many issues and still win with Jokic taking over the 4th quarter was encouraging if you're a Laker fan.

I don't understand why they aren't pounding the ball to Davis & Howard inside to wear down Jokic at that end. He's not the quickest guy and will foul. Should be using their depth to get out on the break more too. Way too many jump shots.

I agree, I don't understand why they won't pound the paint. That kinda basketball seems like a lost art. The game has turned into a 3 point shooting contest

***************Question***************

How does this Lakers team compare to the other Lebron led teams of the past?
GrayMatter
AG
Quote:

***************Question***************

How does this Lakers team compare to the other Lebron led teams of the past?
Simple. He's never had a teammate like AD that can go out and get rebounds off of all his misses.

Lebron has always been the "go to guy", but with AD he doesn't always need to be the best player on the team.
GrayMatter
AG
Iowaggie said:

I would be interested to know what Grant said to Plumlee to completely leave Davis.
I don't he said much to him but just pointed to the fact that he didn't want to be left alone on an island guarding Lebron. He was probably worried Lebron going over the top for an alley-oop. I actually don't put this on Plumlee after looking at the video. I'd put the blame on Grant. When Plumlee left AD to help guard Lebron, Grant should have acknowledged it and gone to chase AD even if he couldn't have blocked his shot.

But make no mistake about it, there was 27% chance that AD was going to hit that shot so he beat the odds. Joker made a great read and reaction and was a couple of inches from potentially blocking his shot, but AD just made a great play. That defense wasn't all that bad.
Slamn Sharpe
So do you think this Laker team is better than the previous Cavs/Heat teams? I'm not sure what to think. I do believe AD is better than any other athlete he's played with. But as a complete team goes im not sure.

Who's the 3rd best Laker on this team? Cavs had Lebron/Kyrie/Love
GrayMatter
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

So do you think this Laker team is better than the previous Cavs/Heat teams? I'm not sure what to think. I do believe AD is better than any other athlete he's played with. But as a complete team goes im not sure.

It's really hard to compare teams when you start to consider the implications of the bubble. I've always had the mindset that superstar players are going to get their numbers regardless of location, but its different for role players. Role players have had a huge impact on games in the bubble. Guys you never really hear of are making plays because there's no crowd to make them uncomfortable. Heck, I'm not so sure Denver beats the Clips without the crowd.

So I'm hesitant to start comparing teams because of the bubble, but I will say this. At this point, they aren't better than those teams because those teams went to the Finals multiple times and have won championships. If Championships is your barometer, this team is not as good as those teams. On paper they look to be, but they dont play the game on paper. Exhibit A: the Clippers.

3rd best player at this point is by committee. Everyone of those players have their stamp on this Lakers run thus far. Let me ask you this, besides Shaq and Kobe, who was the 3rd best player on those runs? Who was the best 3rd player when Kobe and Pau won back to back titles? I think the 3rd best player conversation is something for the sports analysts to talk about. Because often times playoff basketball is about matchups, the "3rd best player" isn't always the best player--it might be the most vocal one or the one that has been playoff tested. DHoward didn't play against Houston, but if it wasn't for him, they would have a hard time beating Denver in Game 1. His energy and play ignited the team kind of like when Metta World Peace played for the Lakers.

So if we're going by those standards, I'd say that the "best 3rd player" at this point is Rondo. Vogel subbed in Rondo for the final play to pass the ball to AD. Caruso was in the game and Vogel went with experience (good move) to make that last play and he made a great read when passing the ball to AD. Which, by the way, was a very good bounce pass around Joker.
eb93
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

That Heat team, when healthy, was superior. That's a big if when you consider how Bosh was sidelined. They had a superior three-point shooter to anyone on this Lakers team, Ray Allen. D Wade, though aging and not as great as '06 Wade, was still superior to anyone at the point for the Lakers (sorry AC.) Only real deficiency would be comparison of Bosh to AD. And probably Heat LeBron was better than Laker LeBron.
PoppaB05
AG
Jamal Murray has made the leap. This guy is a Superstar
Slamn Sharpe
PoppaB05 said:

Jamal Murray has made the leap. This guy is a Superstar

He was amazing tonight. Played confident
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tyler Herro won't turn 21 until next January, torching the Celtics. 33 points in 33 minutes, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 13 of 20 from the floor.
eb93
AG
Time for some Carushow!

Also, beginning of playoffs, who had Heat-Nuggets final? If so, post the betting slip.
Slamn Sharpe
Tonight's Lakers vs Nuggets game has been really good. Murray with some incredible moves to the hoop!!
WES2006AG
AG
Lakers-Nugs has been really entertaining so far. NBA lost out on their all LA WCF but got a pretty nice consolation prize.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I do miss the Paul George jokes though.
Slamn Sharpe
WES2006AG said:

Lakers-Nugs has been really entertaining so far. NBA lost out on their all LA WCF but got a pretty nice consolation prize.

I was thrilled to see Kawhi's legacy take several steps back

Have they said whether or not they will allow any fans into the NBA Finals? I really feel they should allow an arena to be 1/3 full for it
Enzo The Baker
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

WES2006AG said:

I was thrilled to see Kawhi's legacy take several steps back

Have they said whether or not they will allow any fans into the NBA Finals? I really feel they should allow an arena to be 1/3 full for it
The NBA took extreme precautions to have these playoffs, and it has worked to perfection. I can't imagine they would risk it at this point.

Silver has said, however, that the plan is to get fans back into arenas for the new season in 2021.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Let's all be clear on this:

Kawhi Leonard's legacy is set in stone and at the very least, cannot go backwards. Rings in both conferences and Finals MVP in both before he's 30? He is bonafide.
WES2006AG
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Kawhi Leonard's legacy is set in stone and at the very least, cannot go backwards. Rings in both conferences and Finals MVP in both before he's 30? He is bonafide.
Agreed, I have to imagine McDade is Spurs fan and if that is the case he has every reason in the world to hate Kawahi.
Guitarsoup
AG
Remember a year or so ago when the Miami Heat unprotected 2021 pick was about the most valuable draft asset out there? Now the Heat is playing in the 2020 Finals. Crazy turnaround.
LawHall88
AG
isitjustme
AG
This whole post-covid season has been one big blm/Kobe tribute hoax. As soon as the playoffs started, all the teams and players were told Lebron and AD we're going to win. So the great teams of this year - Bucks, Clips, Celts - said no way we're going to lose to the Lakers so they all found ways to choke earlier. I don't even doubt the thing with House was a setup in order to take out a leading 6th man. This is why the NBA is a joke and nobody's watching.

Too much tin foil or not enough? Or is there another reason nobody's watching?
Look Out Below
AG
way, way too much.
Slamn Sharpe
agrab86 said:

This whole post-covid season has been one big blm/Kobe tribute hoax. As soon as the playoffs started, all the teams and players were told Lebron and AD we're going to win. So the great teams of this year - Bucks, Clips, Celts - said no way we're going to lose to the Lakers so they all found ways to choke earlier. I don't even doubt the thing with House was a setup in order to take out a leading 6th man. This is why the NBA is a joke and nobody's watching.

Too much tin foil or not enough? Or is there another reason nobody's watching?

There's a UFO parked just beyond the woods of your home that needs gas to get back to Mars
Slamn Sharpe

Tell that to Lebron, because apparently if he doesn't win a ship this season, he can't be considered the GOAT

Legacy is fluid until you're retired
Slamn Sharpe
WES2006AG said:

Agreed, I have to imagine McDade is Spurs fan and if that is the case he has every reason in the world to hate Kawahi.

Absolutely
Slamn Sharpe
Guitarsoup said:

Remember a year or so ago when the Miami Heat unprotected 2021 pick was about the most valuable draft asset out there? Now the Heat is playing in the 2020 Finals. Crazy turnaround.

They have a staff that knows how to win and have a winning culture there. They have made the finals with 3 completely different rosters in my life time
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Finals game one starts out max woke............
MW03
AG
Lebron's Lakers are incredibly boring to watch 75% of the time. Lebron isolates. Everyone stands around. Lebron shoots or passes with 10 seconds left. Repeat forever. I get it. But like watching paint dry sometimes.
Slamn Sharpe
The Finals starts with me hitting mute. I'm so sick of this crap
Petrino1
MW03 said:

Lebron's Lakers are incredibly boring to watch 75% of the time. Lebron isolates. Everyone stands around. Lebron shoots or passes with 10 seconds left. Repeat forever. I get it. But like watching paint dry sometimes.

This is basically the entire rockets offense lol. Harden dribbles out the clock then step back 3.
Carlo4
AG
Lol. Lebron walks off court 10 seconds early as lakers suffer 1st loss. Amazingly, no one noticed.
Slamn Sharpe
ea1060 said:

MW03 said:

This is basically the entire rockets offense lol. Harden dribbles out the clock then step back 3.

Yeah, he described a point guard, which happens to be the position LeBRON plays

Laugh/cry

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.