*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

723,463 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WTF kind of 1st half was that
Hickory High
AG
That's about as bad as it could've possibly gone
AG@RICE
AG
Trevor Ariza used to cover up a ton of blemishes, Carmelo Anthony accentuates those blemishes.

WES2006AG
AG
H_Aggie said:

Clyde Drexler is awful..

He may be a legend but he is terrible on these games.
WES2006AG
AG
That was a raunchy half on D. Let's hope Pringle's gets them motivated at the half.
AG@RICE
AG
WES2006AG said:

H_Aggie said:

Clyde Drexler is awful..

He may be a legend but he is terrible on these games.
I prefer away games 1000000000% more.
Dan Scott
AG
Last year 20pt defecits didn't scare me. Let's effing do this!
Hickory High
AG
AG@RICE said:

Trevor Ariza used to cover up a ton of blemishes, Carmelo Anthony accentuates those blemishes.

Ennis has played just as good as Ariza would in this situation. The problem is the rest of the team's effort.
rausr
AG
Flipping between Rockets and Astros is depressing.
H_Aggie
Rockets look like they rather be somewhere else.
Hickory High
AG
What the **** is this bull****
Texaggie7nine
Jeez
7nine
RebAg13
AG@RICE
AG
Hickory High said:

AG@RICE said:

Ennis has played just as good as Ariza would in this situation. The problem is the rest of the team's effort.

Disagree and Agree. Ennis does not take away the passing lanes as well as Ariza or Luc (before he got injured).

But you are correct, the entire team is the problem. As a group they can't consistently guard this Pelicans team. It might be the loss of Bzdelik and Ariza, the addition of Carmelo, or both. Either way, this team looks soft and old.
AgDoc03
AG
This is the Carmelo effect. He plays zero D, didn't attempt to box out leading to off rebound put backs and just lazy transition D leading to fouls.

I hope he proves me wrong, but just don't see him having a positive impact on the team.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
H_Aggie
AgDoc03 said:

This is the Carmelo effect. He plays zero D, didn't attempt to box out leading to off rebound put backs and just lazy transition D leading to fouls.
I hope he proves me wrong, but just don't see him having a positive impact on the team.
This ....This was the key peace we needed dude is over the hill and blows. Disappointing in Morey
CFTXAG10
AG
It's literally game one....calm down, folks.
H_Aggie
Who is this Enis guy he looks a dude at the YMCA playing.
Hickory High
AG
H_Aggie said:

He's a solid player.
H_Aggie
Hickory High said:

H_Aggie said:

He's a solid player.
ok doesn't really look like it. Looks like a journeyman scrap heap guy
Hickory High
AG
H_Aggie said:

Hickory High said:

H_Aggie said:

He's a solid player.

Well I don't know what to tell you. He's definitely not that.
Unemployed
AG
Crap performance on both ends of the floor. Hopefully this was just a case of NOLA playing out of their minds and catching the Rockets on a bad night.
WES2006AG
AG
That was a poor start. Not concerned yet because the Pels had a crazy shooting night but the D looked awful. Now we get LAbron in his home opener on Saturday.
rvk246
AG
We never looked like this at any point during the regular season last year.
6-4-3
AG
WAY too early to be concerned with much of anything. But giving up 131 in an opener is pretty weak. Playing on a back-to-back on the road in the mid-season grind... then okay. But 131 on fresh legs? Geez.
Hickory High
AG
This will be the Pelicans' best game of the season and our worst.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Was there last night. The only thing more non-existent than the defense was Carmelo's and D'Antoni's communication. They didn't speak to each other once.
H_Aggie
Hickory High said:

H_Aggie said:

Hickory High said:

H_Aggie said:

He's a solid player.

He's not a journeyman have you seen his career history?
M.C. Swag
AG
Mavs fan, but I watched the Rockets game last night because y'all were actually playing at a decent time.

First off, I don't think the loss was as bad as the final score made it look. The Pelicans played a great game, but Mirotic is not doing that over the course of a 7 game series. His game stats were an outlier to who he is as a player. Some of that is on the Rockets, but he also just was feeling it.

PJ Tucker played a helluva game. Dude is just a solid, stable player for the Rockets who will do everything the team asks.

CP3 and Harden had some questionable shot selections, but both facilitated well. They'll play much better the rest of the season.

The worst stat of the night (besides the points allowed) were the rebounds. Rockets gotta be better on the boards. Idk how many second chance points the Pelicans got, but it seemed like Mirotic/AD got ALL of them.

Lastly....Carmelo. I think the dude is washed and has been for some time. He was atrocious. 9 pts with 4 personal fouls AND a technical? He started out the first quarter looking like he was gonna have a 20 pt, double double evening but then completely disappeared in the second half. I think conditioning is one problem, but I also think his legs are shot. He doesn't have the juice anymore. I don't blame Houston for getting him. There's 0 downside. But he has until Christmas to show he's worthy of playing starter level minutes before I'd park him on the deep side of the bench.
Texan_Aggie
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Lastly....Carmelo. I think the dude is washed and has been for some time. He was atrocious. 9 pts with 4 personal fouls AND a technical? He started out the first quarter looking like he was gonna have a 20 pt, double double evening but then completely disappeared in the second half. I think conditioning is one problem, but I also think his legs are shot. He doesn't have the juice anymore. I don't blame Houston for getting him. There's 0 downside. But he has until Christmas to show he's worthy of playing starter level minutes before I'd park him on the deep side of the bench.
This is why I'm not worried. There is minimal cost to dump him if he is truly a cancer like people proclaim.
Hickory High
AG
H_Aggie said:

Hickory High said:

H_Aggie said:

Hickory High said:

H_Aggie said:

He's a solid player.

I'm saying he's definitely not a "scrap heap guy"
W
AG
Carmelo gonna Carmelo.

in midseason form already
AG@RICE
AG
Hickory High said:

H_Aggie said:

Hickory High said:

H_Aggie said:

Hickory High said:

H_Aggie said:

He's a solid player.

I'm saying he's definitely not a "scrap heap guy"
He looked like it yesterday. Also, last year anytime we played the Thunder I was happy to see him on the floor. I knew we were getting an open 3 on Anthony's man every single time....the Pels saw that too.

Carmelo is the same liability that Ryno was last year. I'm not sure why you all think he is any better than that. He is more or less the same shooter and he has the same defensive shortcomings. My only hope was that Melo would be an upgrade in the rebounding department where Ryno was a weak defensive rebounder and a slightly above average offensive rebounder. After watching Carmelo in the preseason and last night, I think it is clear that he won't be an upgrade in any department except for long 2s...which Ryno doesn't take.
3rdGen2015
AG
In my eyes, the biggest difference between Melo and Ryno is confidence. We would see Ryno go through stretches, especially in the playoffs, where he just would not shoot the ball in rhythm. He would continually over think his shot. Melo won't do that, he'll bomb away. This could be a good thing - the defense will have to play him honestly. It could be a bad thing - being an inefficient volume shooter.

Right now things are pointing to being a net negative with Melo on the floor, but we'll have to see where we are in a month or so.
k20dub
AG
You think Melo and Ryno are the same shooters?
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.