*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,230 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope you're right about Harden. I don't doubt that he wants to win between the lines, but I question his overall commitment to winning.

He has improved his defense, but he has been known to not give the best effort on that end of the floor. A lot of his doughy body may be genetics, but when you read about LeBron leading team VersaClimber challenges and about Kobe's maniacal fitness habits and you see what their bodies look like and then you see Harden looking like a middle linebacker and running out of gas at the end of the playoffs and then going straight to partying with the Kardashians in the offseason it doesn't inspire much confidence that this is his #1 priority. I don't see him defying the aging process and staying (getting) incredibly fit into his mid and late 30s like Kobe & LeBron, let's just put it that way.

As for Carmelo, there is nothing to indicate that it didn't work out for anything other than performance reasons. This article I think gives a pretty good explanation:

Carmelo Anthony is the last great American ball hog

I would be much less surprised if you are right about him too, but I think you're making opposite assumptions on two guys whose personalities are a lot more similar than not.
AG@RICE
AG
Hickory High said:

AG@RICE said:

Hickory High said:

They're switching House to a two-way and signing Gary Clark
Is this a guess or fact? The alternative explanation is way more exciting...they needed the roster spot for ????

Reliable sources on Twitter are saying it's the former, but it also wouldn't be impossible for the Rockets to change direction to the latter.
You were right: https://www.thedreamshake.com/2018/12/6/18129848/houston-rockets-transactions-gary-clark-danuel-house-sign-new-contracts
WES2006AG
AG
Gobert just got ejected. He slapped the powder off the scorers table and the refs were having none of it.
Harry Dunne
WES2006AG
AG
I love to hate Jazz fans. They are the absolute worst.
Harry Dunne
Someone needs to tell Capela that Gobert is not in the game anymore, he's 2-10 FG.
Hickory High
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Someone needs to tell Capela that Gobert is not in the game anymore, he's 2-10 FG.

Not sure if you're actually watching the game, but it looks worse than it actually is. The high shot count is due to missed tip-ins.
Hickory High
AG
Harden looks awful so far
Hickory High
AG
The **** are we doing
Harry Dunne
No, unfortunately not able to watch it right now.
WES2006AG
AG
Looks like the offense is still broken
Harry Dunne
Or maybe fortunately, based on y'alls comments.
Hickory High
AG
Make a trade, Morey.
Hickory High
AG
Actually what the HELL are we doing
WES2006AG
AG
It's amazing we are only down 8 at half. Feels like we should be down 30.
Unemployed
AG
This team is trash. Just Harden and a bunch of scrubs.
Unemployed
AG
Morey is overrated as fk.
Unemployed
AG
All that money for Paul and Capela gonna hamstring us for the next 5 years. What a piece of sht.
Unemployed
AG
These guys not even trying on defense.
Ags #1
AG
So when do we push the panic button
Texaggie7nine
Last week
7nine
Hickory High
AG
RealTalk said:

Morey is overrated as fk.

Incorrect.
AG@RICE
AG
I think CP3's hamstring is still really messed up. He kind of hops off of one foot instead of smoothly running. Right now he can't shoot or finish at the rim. I think he really needs about 2 weeks off, but that might cause a 8 game losing streak.

It might be smart to just play knight (instead of trading him) so CP3 can rest more.
CFTXAG10
AG
I am pretty frustrated myself, but blaming Morey is hilarious
Unemployed
AG
Please ignore my posts from last night. I was drunk.
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I am still keeping the faith that Morey can pull something off to make us a more talented team.

However, if this season turns out to be the disaster that it seems to be trending towards Morey will certainly have a large share of the blame.
Hickory High
AG
WES2006AG said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I am still keeping the faith that Morey can pull something off to make us a more talented team.

However, if this season turns out to be the disaster that it seems to be trending towards Morey will certainly have a large share of the blame.

And he has said as much himself. Thing is though, I'm not really sure what he was supposed to do better. Our cap situation was pretty locked up, and we weren't gonna get CP3 back on anything less than the max.
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

WES2006AG said:

CFTXAG10 said:

And he has said as much himself. Thing is though, I'm not really sure what he was supposed to do better. Our cap situation was pretty locked up, and we weren't gonna get CP3 back on anything less than the max.
I agree, Morey didn't have much of a choice on the CP contract and has really had his hands tied in general. He is really going to need some of that Morey magic to make this season a success. But at the end of the day it is his roster and right now it is a bad one.
Good Poster
AG
I think Morey is only slightly overrated. He had a bad offseason and money good GM's do. I try not blame players for getting their money but CP3 should've learned that when you have so many guys on max deals like he did on the Clippers that you can't fill out your bench.

Morey has accepted a lot of the blame and it's been clear via Butler rumors that he has been aggressive this season but looking for right opportunity. Rockets just didn't have any assets that appealed to Minnesota.
WES2006AG
AG
https://www.slamonline.com/nba/eric-gordon-rockets-not-using-some-guys-the-right-way/

Quote:

"I'm just not having fun man," Gordon said. "I'm just not. This sucks. Even the times where I have good games. We're just not using some guys the right way. Are we gonna make the right sacrifices? Do we have the right attitude?

"Last year was the best year I've ever had being a part of a team," he added. "We just never had a bad moment. If we ever had a bad game as a team, you knew the next game we would blow somebody out. It didn't matter who it was."

This doesn't sound good.
Hickory High
AG
WES2006AG said:

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/eric-gordon-rockets-not-using-some-guys-the-right-way/

Quote:

"I'm just not having fun man," Gordon said. "I'm just not. This sucks. Even the times where I have good games. We're just not using some guys the right way. Are we gonna make the right sacrifices? Do we have the right attitude?

"Last year was the best year I've ever had being a part of a team," he added. "We just never had a bad moment. If we ever had a bad game as a team, you knew the next game we would blow somebody out. It didn't matter who it was."

This doesn't sound good.
Crazy the effect losing has on the team psyche
k20dub
AG
So Ariza a big glue guy or what's the deal?
Ags #1
AG
Isn't he shooting like crap as well??
gordo97
AG
Did we win a game yet?
Good Poster
AG
Rockets now 14th in West.
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.