*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,196 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG14 said:

Time to tank.

Why?
Good Poster
AG
Pretty unacceptable for Paul to finish with 5 points.
Hickory High
AG
Paul's output this season has been shameful. If he's hurt, he needs to sit, even if it means we lose 15 games in a row.
WES2006AG
AG
I'm hoping that this is just a slump and not the new CP because we still owe him so much money.
k20dub
AG
Just had a notification on my phone that said Ariza would be a top trade target for multiple teams after the December 15th deadline. Wonder if we'd take him back.
WES2006AG
AG
k20dub said:

Just had a notification on my phone that said Ariza would be a top trade target for multiple teams after the December 15th deadline. Wonder if we'd take him back.
My first thought as well. Could use all the help we can get at the wing but this seems like a long shot seeing as how we didn't want to pay him in the first place.

I'm sure Morey is looking at all opportunities to improve the team at this point. Let's hope he hurries.
lil99chris
AG
How does Ariza's salary affect the ability for the Rockets to obtain him through trade?
WES2006AG
AG
lil99chris said:

How does Ariza's salary affect the ability for the Rockets to obtain him through trade?
I am no expert but I would imagine the only implication would be that we would have to pay the luxury tax or more luxury tax than without him.
M.C. Swag
AG
WES2006AG said:

lil99chris said:

I am no expert but I would imagine the only implication would be that we would have to pay the luxury tax or more luxury tax than without him.
Could they simply just swap salaries without impacting anything? what does Phx care if they're getting lesser player, they clearly want to tank. I don't see why Hou would have to give up any assets for Ariza so at that point just make the money even and call it a day.
Good Poster
AG
M.C. Swag said:

WES2006AG said:

lil99chris said:

Could they simply just swap salaries without impacting anything? what does Phx care if they're getting lesser player, they clearly want to tank. I don't see why Hou would have to give up any assets for Ariza so at that point just make the money even and call it a day.

I'll make this quick: Phoenix will want an asset.
lil99chris
AG
Is Michael Carter-Williams considered an asset?
WES2006AG
AG
lil99chris said:

Is Michael Carter-Williams considered an asset?
Maybe for a team in the Chinese League. Straight up for Jimmer?
Harry Dunne
Pierce: Rockets' championship window is 'closed' Paul Pierce says Houston still hasn't replaced Luc Mbah a Moute and Trevor Ariza and doesn't view them as title contenders anymore.
Good Poster
AG
Welp, House didn't last very long.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
WES2006AG
AG
Money Ag said:

Don't understand this move unless Morey is going to bring somebody else in soon. Who else should be playing wing minutes off the bench before House?
Good Poster
AG
WES2006AG said:

Money Ag said:

Don't understand this move unless Morey is going to bring somebody else in soon. Who else should be playing wing minutes off the bench before House?

Bet it's got something to do with Clark's contract. Could be wrong but I bet House stays in some capacity.
3rdGen2015
AG
WES2006AG said:

Money Ag said:

Is there some weird roster rule that makes it cheaper to sign him to a season long contract if he clears waivers first?
Good Poster
AG
Clark's two way must be expiring
WES2006AG
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

WES2006AG said:

Money Ag said:

Is there some weird roster rule that makes it cheaper to sign him to a season long contract if he clears waivers first?
I don't know and the fact that I don't has always been a minor complaint I've had about the NBA. The NBA salary rules are so incredibly complicated I feel like you need some advanced degree from MIT to make heads or tails of any of it.
Hickory High
AG
They're switching House to a two-way and signing Gary Clark
AG@RICE
AG
Hickory High said:

Is this a guess or fact? The alternative explanation is way more exciting...they needed the roster spot for ????
Hickory High
AG
AG@RICE said:

Hickory High said:

Is this a guess or fact? The alternative explanation is way more exciting...they needed the roster spot for ????

Reliable sources on Twitter are saying it's the former, but it also wouldn't be impossible for the Rockets to change direction to the latter.
Hickory High
AG
Is there a trade we could make for Jaylen Brown? His stock has to be at an all time low right now.
Good Poster
AG
I think the C's would be crazy to trade Brown right now. Don't think he's available at this time.
M.C. Swag
AG
Hickory High said:

Is there a trade we could make for Jaylen Brown? His stock has to be at an all time low right now.
Celtics are saving their trade chips for AD. Doubt they move any assets before they have a gauge on the cost they'll pay the Pelicans.
CFTXAG10
AG
Seeing JR Smith's name getting floated around. Wonder what the price tag would be. His contract seems similar to Knight for this year, and apparently is only partially guaranteed for next year.
Hickory High
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Seeing JR Smith's name getting floated around. Wonder what the price tag would be. His contract seems similar to Knight for this year, and apparently is only partially guaranteed for next year.

Don't want. Carmelo part II.
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

CFTXAG10 said:

This would be an even worse pick up than Caramelo.

CFTXAG10
AG
Hickory High said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I am a little iffy on it myself just from a "fit" standpoint and he tends to be a little looney, but there just don't seem to be a lot of options out there at the moment. Hopefully Morey can pull something out of his a** as usual. I have seen a few other articles from Houston blogs mentioning names that are big time head scratchers. Smith has always been a good three point shooter and a decent defender when he wants to be but also a chemistry risk.
Hickory High
AG
Huge chemistry risk. He doesn't care about winning even 1/10th as much as Harden and CP3 do.
CFTXAG10
AG
He's always seemed like one of those guys who is great when things are going well, but gives up when things aren't going his way. Case in point what's going on in Cleveland. LeBron leaves, they suck, he quits and reports are it's because he doesn't want to "tank"

I'll nevet forget how incredible he was in the 2017 finals. His 3 point shooting was huge.
Harry Dunne
Hickory High said:

Huge chemistry risk. He doesn't care about winning even 1/10th as much as Harden and CP3 do.
I agree about Smith. We can't afford to roll the dice there.

As for Harden, there are different levels of "caring". You could argue that if he cared more, he would focus more of his offseason on basketball and fitness and less of it on partying and Kardashians, especially as he approaches age 30 without a ring.

He's a hell of a player and MJ partied too, but I don't get the feeling Harden hates to lose nearly as much as MJ or even CP3.
Hickory High
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Hickory High said:

I agree about Smith. We can't afford to roll the dice there.

As for Harden, there are different levels of "caring". You could argue that if he cared more, he would focus more of his offseason on basketball and fitness and less of it on partying and Kardashians, especially as he approaches age 30 without a ring.

He's a hell of a player and MJ partied too, but I don't get the feeling Harden hates to lose nearly as much as MJ or even CP3.
I strongly disagree. I think it's just Harden's personality that makes people think this. He's not nearly as vocal and animated as CP3, but I really do believe Harden, in his own way, wants to win just as bad as CP3 does. Guys like playing with Harden. In the non-postgame interviews I have heard from him, I think you can see it.

I think its a key reason why Melo didn't work out with us.
Harry Dunne
Dp
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.