*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,644 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If Westbrook will learn to work off ball and cut, James/Russ will be amazing. Russ is the best in the league at finishing at the rim, so if he can learn to cut off-ball, that will absolutely be an incredible duo.

The inverse of that is if Russ wants to spot up and hit some threes, the Rockets could have some horrible, horrible possessions. That's pretty much the last thing you want.
CFTXAG10
AG
zooguy96 said:

The Clippers will be more trouble than the Lakers IMHO. KL is that good.
I think this true, but Kawhi going to the Clippers and bringing George with him was HUGE not just for the league but for the Rockets as well. He was going to join Bron and AD if the Clips couldn't trade for George. I am not 100% sold on LeBron being past his prime, and we know Kawhi is Kawhi. The question marks to me surround Paul George and AD. Both with injury history and not always living up to the hype.

In the end though, I think you are right. The biggest threat to the Rockets in the West will be the Clippers. Assuming health.
mAgnoliAg
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

zooguy96 said:

I think this true, but Kawhi going to the Clippers and bringing George with him was HUGE not just for the league but for the Rockets as well. He was going to join Bron and AD if the Clips couldn't trade for George. I am not 100% sold on LeBron being past his prime, and we know Kawhi is Kawhi. The question marks to me surround Paul George and AD. Both with injury history and not always living up to the hype.

In the end though, I think you are right. The biggest threat to the Rockets in the West will be the Clippers. Assuming health.

Everybody is saying the clippers are the best team in the nba. Their defense is the main reason. Not only are Kawhi and Paul George great defenders, but they have multiple other plus defenders on that roster.
Guitarsoup
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

zooguy96 said:

I think Kawhi might have signed a 1 year deal with 1 year option to stay in Toronto. Milwaukee got worse with the lost of Brogdon, and Kawhi could have coasted by playing 34mpg in 55 games again en route to a pretty easy Eastern road to the Finals. He could force the trade mid-season, force a trade through opting in like CP3 or just go where he wants the following year.
Olsen
AG
Russell Westbrook's introductory press conference livestream link:

https://www.nba.com/rockets/live/media-day
CFTXAG10
AG

YNWA_AG
AG
Excited to watch harden catch some nosebleeds from Westbrook lobs
. . .
CFTXAG10
AG
Just had a chance to watch the presser in full. Love Russell's demeanor. Obviously he's a competitor on the court, but he said all the right things today. I'm excited about the potential this team has.
Olsen
AG
Olsen
AG
AG@RICE
AG
Guitarsoup said:

If Westbrook will learn to work off ball and cut, James/Russ will be amazing. Russ is the best in the league at finishing at the rim, so if he can learn to cut off-ball, that will absolutely be an incredible duo.

The inverse of that is if Russ wants to spot up and hit some threes, the Rockets could have some horrible, horrible possessions. That's pretty much the last thing you want.

I think thwy will settle into a very simple pattern. Russ will try to fast break off the rebound w/ harden as a shooter, harden will run the secondary break with Russ as a cutter
. . .
CFTXAG10
AG
This was a really solid piece by Feigen. Worth the read.

Loved this little tidbit:

Quote:

"At one point, James asked me, 'Why is it taking so long?'" Morey said. "I told him, 'Dude, your trade took me five months.'"
. . .
Rockets have waived Deyonta Davis & Chris Chiozza.
Unemployed
AG
. . . said:

Rockets have waived Deyonta Davis & Chris Chiozza.
Why a spoiler tag with news regarding a couple of scrubs? Nobody cares about Davis and Chiozza.
Texaggie7nine
Pretty sure it was done in jest.
7nine
Unemployed
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Pretty sure it was done in jest.
I got got.
Faustus
mAgnoliAg said:

CFTXAG10 said:

zooguy96 said:

Everybody is saying the clippers are the best team in the nba. Their defense is the main reason. Not only are Kawhi and Paul George great defenders, but they have multiple other plus defenders on that roster.
Sweet Lou?
Jokes aside it's amazing how quickly they went from scrappy, feel good underdogs, right back to having two superstars on the roster (while keeping the fun part of the prior roster). I've enjoyed the Ballmer ownership, and my wife actually likes the Rockets West better than the current iteration of our team, so I don't mind the Clippers ascent.

Will be an adjustment rooting for Russ, but watching Paul struggle to create his own shot if not given space, and being hidden on defense meant this had to happen. Should be an interesting ride.
. . .
Post removed:
by user
3rdGen2015
AG
He should just @ Tillman next time
Guitarsoup
AG
Melo explaining how the Rockets/Morey dumped him.

https://streamable.com/5z5z3
CFTXAG10
AG
We probably won't get a Morey "clap back" , but theres obviously more to it than what Melo is stating in this interview with Stephen A.

There's a reason why nobody will pick him up even at the Vet-Min. Dude is washed.
Guitarsoup
AG
Melo: "how can I be a better teammate and help the Rockets win a title"
Morey: "you can start by getting the **** away from LaBranch St"

Not sure that's how it happened, Melo
CFTXAG10
AG
He said he called the Lakers and Clippers for an opportunity (probably to ring chase). He needs to call OKC and ask for a reunion so he can play with CP3 again. They are tanking anyway, itll be perfect.
Guitarsoup
AG
Maybe Charlotte. Get all the ping pong balls
RebAg13
AG
I haven't heard of Melo doing anything wrong in Houston. It just wasn't a great fit.
Olsen
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Maybe Charlotte. Get all the ping pong balls

He is signed to the Jordan brand
. . .
Rockets will play the Warriors on Christmas Day.

Clippers at Lakers
Pelicans at Nuggets
Celtics at Raptors
Bucks at Sixers
Rockets at Warriors

Russ will make his return to OKC January 9th.

Isaih Smollett
First thought was where are the knicks? Someone's got to play that early game that nobody watches
Olsen
AG
I think the NBA should've had the Celtics at Bucks and the Sixers at Raptors on Christmas Day In my opinion.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Olsen said:

I think the NBA should've had the Celtics at Bucks and the Sixers at Raptors on Christmas Day In my opinion.
Can you imagine how bad these games would have been 5 years ago? Amazing how quickly the NBA changes.
Basketball and Chain
AG
RebAg13 said:

I haven't heard of Melo doing anything wrong in Houston. It just wasn't a great fit.

He's not a fit anywhere anymore, obviously.
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.