*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,821 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/our-way-too-early-projections-for-the-2019-20-nba-season/?ex_cid=538twitter

538 has Rockets as #1 team in the West and 1 game behind Milwaukee for #1 in the NBA.

I'm sure you will like that they had the Spurs 12th and the Blazers 11th behind the Mavs, Pelicans, & TPups.
3rdGen2015
AG
These are likely to change quite a bit. On their podcast, they said they're still in the process of revamping the rating system. They said the new system rates closer to the eye test than the current system, although they didn't go too deep into specifics other than saying guys like Kawhi and KD get a bump while guys like Russ get a little bit of a decrease.
Guitarsoup
AG
I didn't read too much into it. When the Spurs and Blazers are below the Timberwolves, something is probably wonky. Blazers are probably top 3 in the West this year.
3rdGen2015
AG
Blazers being a Top 3 seed in the West seems bold. I haven't sat down yet to look at all of the roster changes and really think about how I would rank them, but I would imagine I would have the two LA teams, Houston, GS, and Denver ahead of them.

I guess the LA teams could load manage themselves out of Top 3 and GS could finish the season as a lower seed because of Klay's injury. If Nurkic was healthy, I could see the argument for them sneaking in there, but it looks like he'll be out until around the All-Star Break.
Harry Dunne
Someone will trade them for Paul for a reasonable price as soon as a team in contention has a point guard go down with an injury...unless CP3 gets hurt, which as we know he likes to do.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Have to find a team that can trade $30m back. Ideally for OKC is if its the last year of the deals.
k20dub
AG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Man, I cannot wait for these Rockets/Clippers games.
rvk246
AG
k20dub said:

I miss Pat so much. One of my favorite Rockets ever.
Hickory High
AG
My Bev Clutch City shirt is starting to get really worn out from so much use. Miss him.
Harry Dunne
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Man, I cannot wait for these Rockets/Clippers games.
3 of the best perimeter defenders in the game vs the clear-cut top 2 players in the NBA in turnovers for the last 5 years - I'm not really looking forward to playing them.
CFTXAG10
AG
. . .
CFTXAG10
AG
Glad to hear he is skipping out on Team USA this go round
HvilleAggie
AG
Honestly I'm fine with it. Our top two players have put extreme amounts of usage on their bodies the last couple of seasons. I'm fine if they take the time off
CFTXAG10
AG
I love MDA, but cmon man....

Harry Dunne

Going to totally look like a travel...But it's not..
k20dub
AG
One of the replies to Harden not playing in the World Cup

CFTXAG10
AG
Looks like Eric Gordon withdrew from Team USA also. Harden mentioned getting acclimated w/ the new teammates as being a big reason why he chose to get out. EG doing the same.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Agmaniacmike12
Edit: Wrong board. Apologies.
Harry Dunne
CFTXAG10 said:

Looks like Eric Gordon withdrew from Team USA also. Harden mentioned getting acclimated w/ the new teammates as being a big reason why he chose to get out. EG doing the same.
no offense to Eric Gordon, who is a fine player But when they are having to go deeper then EG it sounds like this is the year Serbia might have a shot.
Hickory High
AG
I think Australia and Spain have the best shot besides us.
CFTXAG10
AG
Hickory High
AG
Sure, why not. Basically Danuel House minus two inches.
. . .

Quote:

Report: Clippers inquired about Harden, Beal before acquiring George

The Los Angeles Clippers may have tried to pair the Beard with the Claw.

As the Clippers attempted to land a second superstar in hopes of convincing Kawhi Leonard to join them in free agency, they asked the Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards about the availability of James Harden and Bradley Beal, respectively, sources told The Athletic's Jovan Buha, Sam Amick, and Shams Charania.

The Clippers, however, were reportedly told that the players weren't on the table.
Hickory High
AG
Did they really think Morey would trade Harden for draft picks??
k20dub
AG
Interesting, wonder what we would get for Harden.

Glad we held onto him. If we would have traded Harden and kept CP, this place would explode.
YNWA_AG
AG
Liked mclemore at Kansas. Interested to see if he stays on the roster for a year with harden and Westbrook feeding him. He's always had the shot, but never developed his ball handling
Hickory High
AG
"Die-Hard Mets (and Rockets and Bears) Fans Are Going Extinct"

Interesting article. IMO, in the NBA's effort to take their brand global, the focus on local fans has been diluted. Teams like the Jazz and Thunder who have no global appeal have great local fan support as a result.[url=https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-07-16/die-hard-sports-fans-are-going-extinct][/url]
. . .
Guitarsoup
AG
You know you want some Air Ralphs

. . .

k20dub
AG
This is going to take some getting used to.
zooguy96
"Yeah, having two dynamic guards who are both playmakers is going to suck without losing anyone but an aging guard who was always injured" /texags

I think Westbrook will be fine. He knows this is Harden's team. They know how to work together. I hope Pringles will have them play to their strengths (Westbrook driving and dishing; Harden dishing and shooting).

To have the entire team intact and upgrade the guard position - not a bad problem.

Queen James is past her prime, and I'm not sold on AD.

The Clippers will be more trouble than the Lakers IMHO. KL is that good.
First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.