*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,993 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I kinda thought it was funny but whatever...
YNWA_AG
AG

Could be a trade in the next couple of days
3rdGen2015
AG
Spurs fans in the Offseason thread are scared. Starting to act like tu fans circa 2012.
CreedBratton
3rdGen2015 said:

Spurs fans in the Offseason thread are scared. Starting to act like tu fans circa 2012.

They have a hard time acknowledging that their run is over. Father Time finally defeated Timmy, Manu and TP, and Kawhi got the f*** out of there as quickly as he could. When they miss the playoffs this year they might finally start to wrestle with the truth that their time truly has come and gone.

But I hope they don't. Because they are so much fun to interact with when their delusion clouds their vision.
k20dub
AG
In this current state of the NBA with FA's swinging the league, their future does not look bright. They better hope to nail their draft picks.
rvk246
AG
CreedBratton said:

3rdGen2015 said:

They have a hard time acknowledging that their run is over. Father Time finally defeated Timmy, Manu and TP, and Kawhi got the f*** out of there as quickly as he could. When they miss the playoffs this year they might finally start to wrestle with the truth that their time truly has come and gone.

But I hope they don't. Because they are so much fun to interact with when their delusion clouds their vision.
Imagine trading Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green for DeMar DeRozan lmfao what a fleece.
YNWA_AG
AG

I think we are going to sign him.
3rdGen2015
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I think we are going to sign him.
Please no, we're already being forced to try to come around on Russ
k20dub
AG
So why is GuitarSoup posting all kinds of interesting info and banter on this thread the last couple weeks acting like he's one of our own, and now he's trashing the Rockets on the Offseason thread?
WES2006AG
AG
He is kind of an outlier. I generally find what he posts on this thread informative but he has certainly had some stuff removed before. I only flag his posts if he is actually talking **** over here.
Texaggie7nine
He has "interest" in the Rockets. He lives in Houston and he has been a photographer at many games. But he is first and foremost a Spurs fan.

So he will go along with Rockets talk and wanting them to do better, until you say anything bad about the Spurs, then he will take sides and attack the Rockets and their fans.
7nine
CreedBratton
Soup is a good dude. Very knowledgeable about the NBA, and is loyal to his team. He's cool in my book.

Honestly I truthfully don't dislike anyone on this board. I just like to stir the pot and get Spurs fans riled up because we are finally better than them lol
Ags #1
AG
You must be new here
mAgnoliAg
AG
Ags #1 said:

You must be new here

He's one of the elder statesmen here, but yeah I don't like that soup is 2 faced on here trashing the rockets on other threads.
Ags #1
AG
My bad then but what you said is spot on.
CreedBratton
Ags #1 said:

You must be new here

Nah, I've been here forever. Used to be Houston Summit until they banned me lol. Just tryna get back to that Legend status
Ags #1
AG
Gotcha. To each their own then. Just don't get the point of coming to a rockets thread when you **** on the rockets every chance you get
k20dub
AG
Really interesting read here from the Ringer.

Quote:

17. Can two players with such high usages really coexist? History suggests such concerns might be overstated. For instance, Kevin Durant's career usage rate with Seattle/Oklahoma City was 30.5 percent; in three seasons in Golden State, it dropped an almost imperceptible amount, to 29.1. Steph Curry's usage rate in the three seasons before Durant joined, meanwhile, was 29.9 percent; in three seasons with Durant, it actually rose slightly, to 30.4.

shano0603
AG
k20dub said:

Really interesting read here from the Ringer.

Quote:

17. Can two players with such high usages really coexist? History suggests such concerns might be overstated. For instance, Kevin Durant's career usage rate with Seattle/Oklahoma City was 30.5 percent; in three seasons in Golden State, it dropped an almost imperceptible amount, to 29.1. Steph Curry's usage rate in the three seasons before Durant joined, meanwhile, was 29.9 percent; in three seasons with Durant, it actually rose slightly, to 30.4.

Id like to see Pringles work his substitutions to where there's always one of them on the court.
ATM9000
AG
It's a given that D'Antoni will stagger them... but if the Rockets are paying both of them $38mm, they better both be out on the court together a lot.
. . .
k20dub
shano0603
AG
ATM9000 said:

It's a given that D'Antoni will stagger them... but if the Rockets are paying both of them $38mm, they better both be out on the court together a lot.
Definitely. But Westbrook with the backups( Gordon, Green, Faried and Chandler) would be a very exciting and energetic lineup.
WES2006AG
AG
Faried isn't on the team right now unless I missed something
Faustus
Growing expectation that CP3 will start the season at OKC.

https://heatnation.com/rumors/chris-paul-okc-thunder/

He should be able to put up decent numbers bolstering his trade value if he's their primary ball handler and option. I'm guessing the Thunder would like to not have to package any 1st round draft picks when trading for expiring contracts.
3rdGen2015
AG
Am I crazy to think a CP3-Gallo-SGA-Adams team could challenge for playoffs if they're together and healthy all year?
Guitarsoup
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Am I crazy to think a CP3-Gallo-SGA-Adams team could challenge for playoffs if they're together and healthy all year?

Probably not in this year's west. Definitely a playoff team in the East
Aggie09Derek
AG
Guitarsoup said:

3rdGen2015 said:

This

Can they be in the hunt? Yes, but most likely 11-12th.

Kings/Mavs/Pelicans/MIN/Spurs/OKC all fighting for last spot

Clippers
Lakers
Rockets
Nuggets
Jazz
Blazers
Warriors (i'm not sold that they will 100% be in though).

Hickory High
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

In short, yes.

This year will be the year that CP3 drops off really hard. The effects of age are twice as bad each year at this stage of his career.
3rdGen2015
AG
Maybe I've been listening to Bill Simmons too much this week. He just keeps going back to the fact that Westbrook is a major Ewing Theory candidate and I can't help but agree with him on that.
YNWA_AG
AG
Ewing theory?
CoachRTM
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Ewing theory?

From google

Quote:

Bill Simmons and his friend famously created the Ewing Theory as an explanation for when teams play better without their star player. ...
Harry Dunne
Guitarsoup said:

3rdGen2015 said:

Sure, they could be in the mix, but unless you have a very young core "in the mix" is the worst place you can be. Not headed towards the top and also not giving yourself a good chance for draft picks that can help you get there.

Trading away Gallinari & Paul is not as easy as it sounds, but I'm sure it'll get done as soon as they can.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Guitarsoup
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Guitarsoup said:

3rdGen2015 said:

Sure, they could be in the mix, but unless you have a very young core "in the mix" is the worst place you can be. Not headed towards the top and also not giving yourself a good chance for draft picks that can help you get there.

Trading away Gallinari & Paul is not as easy as it sounds, but I'm sure it'll get done as soon as they can.
I'll bet the Thunder would rather Paul waste away in OKC than trade away the good draft assets that a team would likely demand to get him.

What teams need a good to great PG to get over the hump and would be willing to mortgage the future on it.

Lakers - sure, but they don't have any assets to trade.
Timberwolves - Paul+KAT could be good together, but trading for Wiggins doesn't really help OKC. Plus the TPups have Jeff Teague at 50% of Paul's salary.
Mavs - Luka and Kristaps are their future. Not sure they want to take the ball out of Luka's hands and I don't think a Luka/Kristaps/Paul big three is a championship team before Paul falls off a cliff. Dallas could get the deal done financially with Tim Hardaway+CourtneyLee for Chris Paul. I don't think I would do that.
Nuggets - have Jamal Murray
GSW - have DLo+Curry
Houston - no take backs
Clippers - doesn't have the contracts. Financially you could do Harkless, Lou Will, Pat Bev after Jan 15th.
Memphis - tank mode
New Orleans - have Jrue Holliday for $50mm less over the next three years.
Phoenix - going to suck, but at least they have Rubio for 3y50mm rather than 3y125mm for Paul.
Portland - Lilliard gets 10mm/year less than Paul.
Sacrament0 - has DFox
San Antonio - would probably be a great fit, but moving DeRozan for Paul probably doesn't make the Spurs better and the Spurs don't have salary assets to match otherwise.
Utah - has Mike Conley

East:
Atlanta - has Trae Young as PG of the future. Not competing for a title in the next 2 years
Boston - just picked up Kemba
Brooklyn - just picked up Kyrie
Charlotte - If they didn't overpay Rozier, this would have been perfect. Could have picked up assets+Paul in a dump from OKC. They would still suck, but at least they would have caproom to build around Paul.
Chicago - no where near a title, and they have Zach Levine (25/5/5 last year)
Cleveland - rebuilding and nearly everyone falls off next year - probably don't want to kill their cap space for Chris Paul
Detroit - Don't think OKC wants Reggie Jackson back. But you could do Galloway+Snell+Reggie for Paul for a Poor Man's Lob City. Probably one of the best options, but I don't think this makes Detroit better than Milwaukee and probably not better than Toronto or Boston.
Indiana - Just picked up Brogdon
Miami - Dragic+Justice+Bam gets it done, but I think Miami gives up too much and Paul+Butler =! championship or even ECF
Milwaukee - has Bledsoe+George Hill
Knicks - Keeping their powder dry and Paul would keep them from playing the FA pool next year. They can always take him next summer - not like he would make them a good team.
Orlando - they are still a few steps away from contending, but Gordon+Fultz+any young player gets a deal done. Would probably make them quite a bit better, but they would still be in a tier below the top teams.
Philly - probably gonna stick with Ben Simmons
Toronto - I bet they would consider Chris Paul for Kyle Lowry if OKC gave up enough draft assets. But Toronto is positioned to be a major player in free agency next year with a lot of expiring contracts.
Washington - they already have a broken ass point guard. Miami is supposedly trying to put together a deal for Wall+Beal.

There just aren't that many landing places for Paul and his 3y125mm. OKC may be stuck without giving up draft assets.
First Page Last Page
Page 254 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.