*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,562 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a fan of the general NBA, this season is going to be great. As a Rockets fan first and foremost, this season is going to be rough. The West is wild right now.
CoachRTM
AG
It's gonna be fun and who knows how the playoff seeding will work out. The teams are going to be so different.

Lakers - we'll see - depends on if Lebron is back as the best player in the world or if he's starting to decline.

Clippers - their defense is going to be salty. Beverly, Kawhi, PG. offense will probably be inconsistent.

Warriors - not sure when Klay is coming back, but Steph and Klay can't be counted out in the playoffs if at full strength. Not sold on DeAngelo Russell as a superstar quite yet, but we'll see.

Rockets - will go as Harden goes. Pick up Iguodala and I'll feel better.

Jazz - going to be a tough out

Blazers and Nuggets - probably towards the bottom of the list, but can't count them out. They were the 2 and 3 seeds last year.

That's 7. OKC (if Westrbook carries then) or San Antonio as the 8 seed.

That's as wide open of a Western Conference as I've seen in a long time and will be a fun playoff setup.
CoachRTM
AG
Just making this up based on the oddsmakers rank of the teams right now.

1. Clippers vs 8. Thunder
4. Warriors vs 5. Jazz

3. Rockets vs 6. Nuggets
2. Lakers vs 7. Blazers
CFTXAG10
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

As a fan of the general NBA, this season is going to be great.
I cannot wait to see Pat Bev and Kawhi on the floor at the same time
superaggie73
AG
CP3 and Capela for Westbrook and Adams...make it happen. Not sure how the salaries work out, but gives us toughness and rebounding inside. And Adams has the same offensive game as Capela.
Hickory High
AG
My power rankings (not seed predictions) if the Warriors don't trade DLo:

1. Clippers
2. Warriors
3. Lakers
4. Jazz
5. Rockets
6. Nuggets
7. Blazers
8. Spurs
9. Pelicans
10. Thunder
11. Mavericks
12. Kings
13. Timberwolves
14. Grizzlies

1000 miles of garbage

99. Suns
Unemployed
AG
superaggie73 said:

CP3 and Capela for Westbrook and Adams...make it happen. Not sure how the salaries work out, but gives us toughness and rebounding inside. And Adams has the same offensive game as Capela.
An ageing Paul and that fat contract for a guy who is still in his prime.

You smoking crack?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Don't think they can trade him
3rdGen2015
AG
Hickory High said:

My power rankings (not seed predictions) if the Warriors don't trade DLo:

1. Clippers
2. Warriors
3. Lakers
4. Jazz
5. Rockets
6. Nuggets
7. Blazers
8. Spurs
9. Pelicans
10. Thunder
11. Mavericks
12. Kings
13. Timberwolves
14. Grizzlies

1000 miles of garbage

99. Suns

This honestly seems about right for full strength power ratings. I think you have Dallas and Sacramento too low, but I don't know who you could jump them over.
Unemployed
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Don't think they can trade him
January is the earliest that Russell can get traded.
CFTXAG10
AG
Chris Paul
34 y/o - 38.5 (current year)
35 y/o - 41.3
36 y/o - 44.2 (player option)

Russell Westbrook
30 y/o - 38.5 (current year)
31 y/o - 41.3
32 y/o - 44.2
33 y/o - 47 (player option)

Thats a lot of $$$$ for both guys
Aggie09Derek
AG
Let me know if you still want to bet me on Pelicans...seems like you are already doubting it.
Hickory High
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Let me know if you still want to bet me on Pelicans...seems like you are already doubting it.
Not doubting. Notice how I said those were just my power rankings. I think there are better teams who could have worse records.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Fair enough.
Agmaniacmike12
CFTXAG10 said:

Like many have been echoing here, the seeding is going to be very important, and so will health. The Lakers and Clippers gutted their depth and future picks to bring in superstars which is great, but your core has to stay healthy. Obviously the Clippers will likely be the favorite, closely followed by the Lakers, and then I believe the Rockets will be right there contending for a top 3 seed.

Lastly, you know what my favorite part of these offseason moves has been? **** the Warriors
Clippers did not gut their depth at all. They have PatBev, Shamet, Harrell, LouWill, Zubac, Mo Harkless,and Rodney McGruder. SGA was a nice young piece, but getting rid of Gallinari was a positive, he is always hurt and puts no effort on the defensive side of the floor.
Ags #1
AG
The Lakers don't have a long depth?
Guitarsoup
AG
Quote:

Rival executives have also pinpointed the Houston Rockets as a likely suitor, which would come as no surprise considering the way general manager Daryl Morey has prioritized the pursuit of stars during his entire career (not to mention the possible reunion between Westbrook and his old Thunder teammate James Harden). The notion of Westbrook sharing the floor with two other ball-dominant guards is unorthodox, to say the least, but Morey has long held the belief that landing as many elite players as possible is the path to championship glory.

via The Athletic
AG@RICE
AG
To get Westbrook we would probably have to sell off 3/5 our starting lineup (Tucker, EG, Capella) just like we would have for Butler. I had reservations making that deal for Butler, and I'm even more nervous with Westbrook. I just can't see that making us better...
CFTXAG10
AG
The only way it would even remotely make sense is if you ship off Chris Paul to get Westbrook in return. Don't see it happening.
CFTXAG10
AG
3 of those guys have to start next to AD and Kawhi. Clippers are in a better depth situation than the Lakers for sure, although I think adding Danny Green and Cousins were solid moves. Adding superstars is something you have to do every time, but often it comes with having to fill out your rosters with less talented depth and giving up multiple draft picks.
Hickory High
AG
If the Thunder are going to blow it all up, I could definitely see them being willing to take on Chris Paul.
CFTXAG10
AG
I think Morey has to at least look into it. If anything one could argue that Westbrook is easier to trade moving forward if you acquire him w/ CP3 shipped out
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Why exactly would they want Paul?
Aggie09Derek
AG
If trying to tank, get rid of Westbrook's contract and take on a worse player who has 1 less year left on his deal.
Guitarsoup
AG
Chris Paul is the last player would want in their situation
superaggie73
AG
What if they can pick up Capela and a couple of draft picks and dump Adams' salary in the deal as well?
Guitarsoup
AG
They would have to use assets to move Paul, if they were able to trade him all. He'd be miserable on a rebuilding team and that's not great for the locker room
CFTXAG10
AG
Would most likely need a third team willing to take CP3. Don't think he would go to OKC purgatory. They'd go clean slate and tank.
Good Poster
AG
HossAg
AG
Hickory High said:

If the Thunder are going to blow it all up, I could definitely see them being willing to take on Chris Paul.

Zero chance.
CoachRTM
AG
I can sometimes hate on Westbrook as much as anyone, but it would be fun as hell to have him on my team.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Hickory High said:

Aren't you the one always spouting in the know huge deals coming up that never materialize? What you just said basically backs up the argument on here that everyone thinks you are full of it
. . .
maca1028
Aggie09Derek said:

I wouldn't jump in any bets with that guy. Trust me.
HvilleAggie
AG
. . . said:

Buddy said rumor was CP3 to the lakers to reunite with LeBron, Westbrook to the rockets, and kuzman plus pick to Oklahoma. I guess we'll see how much sway the king has in LA
First Page Last Page
Page 245 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.