*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,507 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maca1028 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Let me know if you still want to bet me on Pelicans...seems like you are already doubting it.

I wouldn't jump in any bets with that guy. Trust me.

Ha why is that? You been screwed over by him him or something?
Guitarsoup
AG
HvilleAggie said:

. . . said:

Buddy said rumor was CP3 to the lakers to reunite with LeBron, Westbrook to the rockets, and kuzman plus pick to Oklahoma. I guess we'll see how much sway the king has in LA

Buddy is full of it because the Lakers don't have the contracts to match CP3 other then Davis and Bron
Seven Costanza
AG
It's hard to believe that Tyson Chandler is only 36. Seems like he's been around forever, which I guess he has, since he's been in the league since he was 18.

$185MM in career earnings. He's been plugging away at $10-12M/year for a decade.
HvilleAggie
AG
Then how was LeBron going to afford Kawhi??
n_touch
Kawhi is already going to the Clippers
Guitarsoup
AG
HvilleAggie said:

Then how was LeBron going to afford Kawhi??

You realize things have changed since then, right?
HvilleAggie
AG
I know that. But Lakers were very much in the conversation and not just as a pipe dream. They can take on a max contract.

According to nba.com the Lakers still have $26mm In cap space, moving kuzman gives them $34mm. So they move a few other small pieces and they have the $39mm needed to take on cp3 and stay under the tax. Presto!
Guitarsoup
AG
Lakers are 4mm over the salary cap now
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Cp3 and capella for Davis and kuzma.

See I can make up random stupid nonsensical **** too
Hickory High
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Hickory High said:

If the Thunder are going to blow it all up, I could definitely see them being willing to take on Chris Paul.

Aren't you the one always spouting in the know huge deals coming up that never materialize? What you just said basically backs up the argument on here that everyone thinks you are full of it
If you're willing to listen, I can explain now that things with my source have changed. My front office source now works for a different NBA team, but prior to that, he worked directly for Dayrl Morey. As in he was in the same office as Daryl Monday through Friday and was frequently in meetings with both Dayrl and Tillman.

Now, you're heavily misrepresenting what I said at the trade deadline. What I had said is, "Here's what the front office has been discussing with some other teams." I did NOT say, "A trade involving CP is definitely happening."

Since you're a member of this site, I will assume you follow Aggie football recruiting. Just think about how often someone like Lucci or Gabe, who have truly legitimate sources, are told that something is going to happen but then doesn't. Does this mean they're liars? Or that their sources are bad? Not at all. Things can be true at one point in time, but then not true the next.

For example, it is 100% that at one point in time, the team was actively trying to trade CP. It was their belief that they could make it happen. However, the right deal did not present itself.

I mean seriously, would you have preferred that I just never said anything at all? I don't get that. I wasn't trying to intentionally mislead people here just for some weird desire to get some internet forum attention. I've been part of this thread for 6 or 7 years, and I thought the folks here would like some inside info. Is that so ridiculous?
HvilleAggie
AG
Don't shoot the messenger
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
If you are connected as you say then I would assume you would realize how ****ing dumb the thunder taking on cp3 would be. It makes zero sense whatsoever.
Please explain why you could see the thunder willing to do that deal
n_touch
They did do the Harden trade
Hickory High
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

If you are connected as you say then I would assume you would realize how ****ing dumb the thunder taking on cp3 would be. It makes zero sense whatsoever.
Please explain why you could see the thunder willing to do that deal
That was purely my opinion. Most of the stuff I say isn't coming from a source.

They would be willing to do that because that's what teams who start the tanking process do. They tell teams, "hey, we'll bail you out of your bad contract if you give us draft picks, too." That's what the 76ers, Lakers, and others have all done.

That's why they would do it. Not because it makes sense from a basketball standpoint because it obviously doesn't. It all depends on what the Thunder's intentions are.
Aggie09Derek
AG
What team is your guy working for now?
Hickory High
AG
A team in the Atlantic Division. However, he's in a different area of the organization now and not so much on the basketball side of things anymore. So I'm not sure how much inside info I'll get from him about the team.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Gotcha. I have a friend who also worked for rockets last year and is on another team this year but not in Atlantic so wasn't sure if it was the same person.
YNWA_AG
AG
Cp3's contract is one year less than Westbrook and they would get draft picks. They aren't expecting to win after selling PG. so they would free up adams after 2021 and and CP3 after 2022 season. That would leave them in a great position to make moves when SGA hits RFA when cp3's contract expires. Also CP3 would be a good guy to mentor SGA.
Guitarsoup
AG
CP3 wants to win, he doesn't want to be a mentor guy. One year less is nothing. They could get a lot better deal than Houston's #25-30 draft picks and be saddled with 3 years and 125mm of Chris Paul.
Hickory High
AG
If it were to happen, it would have to involve 1 or even 2 other teams anyways.
canadiaggie
AG
I'm having fun imagining Harden blocking out for the rebound only for Westbrook to run in and snatch it
mAgnoliAg
AG
Lakers get Avery Bradley
mazag08
AG
I haven't paid attention at all. Have we done anything in the last month?
Guitarsoup
AG
mazag08 said:

Depends what you mean by anything
CFTXAG10
AG
mazag08 said:

How dare you sir....

Good Poster
AG
Ah yes, *squints eyes* Deyonta Davis..
CFTXAG10
AG
Warriors just waived Livingston. I'd be all over that
mAgnoliAg
AG
NBA implementing coach's challenge
Guitarsoup
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

He's probably retiring.

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Shaun-Livingston-retirement-Warriors-contract-knee-13739766.php
mAgnoliAg
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Meh no
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup said:

CFTXAG10 said:

He's probably retiring.

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Shaun-Livingston-retirement-Warriors-contract-knee-13739766.php

Yea, and that might be a good route if he knows his body isn't there. Looked good in limited action the last few seasons. I wouldn't mind adding him on a vet min deal to help fill out the roster a bit. Woj said he's interested in continuing to play as long as it's on a contender, so could probably just kick the can down the road to LAC or LAL
CFTXAG10
AG
Been loosely following the Summer League team and Chris Clemons continues to impress. He is ranked 6th in ppg and can flat out shoot. Undersized, but worth keeping an eye on....

Guitarsoup
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Guitarsoup said:

CFTXAG10 said:

He's probably retiring.

Yea, and that might be a good route if he knows his body isn't there. Looked good in limited action the last few seasons. I wouldn't mind adding him on a vet min deal to help fill out the roster a bit. Woj said he's interested in continuing to play as long as it's on a contender, so could probably just kick the can down the road to LAC or LAL
Looks like he is trying to get one more contract, but he's a 5-10 minute at best guy at this point. Had a really nice career considering that knee injury early.
Guitarsoup
AG
dbryanc87
Holy......!!!!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 246 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.