*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,922 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Hickory High
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You don't find it impressive that they are consistently able to get guys to take money less than their market value to come play for them? As Morey showed this summer, it's actually quite difficult to do.

Plus they drafted all three of those hall of fame guys, which is miraculous in and of itself.
Guitarsoup
AG
Drafting Curry, Klay, and Draymond was great no doubt.

Getting guys to sign below market contracts to play on a team with three top 15 players and a 23 year old 6'5 exciting point guard that just put up 21/7?

You don't have to be amazing to get people to ride coattails.
Hickory High
AG
Old vets? Maybe not.

Younger guys like Cauley-Stein and Glen Robinson? I would have to disagree.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hickory High said:

Old vets? Maybe not.

GR3 played 47 games, 13mpg for 4ppg.

Excuse me if I don't want to give GSW executive if the year for signing him a minimum contract

WCS a head case and Sacramento didn't want him back.

You'll notice there weren't a lot of rumors about talking to him. If he falls in line, he will be a great get for them, but it is just a one year deal so he can prove himself and then go after a big contract next summer when there aren't many free agents on the board. Plus, he should look good because he excels at laying picks and rolling and that is exactly what you want when your two best offensive weapons are Steph and DLo
Hickory High
AG
Jeff Green went for just $2.5 mil. Why the hell are we not trying to add any wing depth???
Texan_Aggie
AG
Hickory High said:

Old vets? Maybe not.

Lol Glen Robinson averages like 4 points a game. Damn, impressive signing by the Warriors. WHY DIDN'T MOREY SIGN HIM INSTEAD?!

These guys are JAGs.
Good Poster
AG
Lmao
Ag_07
AG
Honestly I think Morey finds it hard to get players because of his style.

I have a feeling players don't like knowing that at any time he could blow things up and ship out whoever. The constant tweaking, dealing, and lack of consistency doesn't mesh well with today's players who want to go somewhere to play with the particular players they want.
Proposition Joe
Not an indictment on the strategy as it's put Houston on the cusp of doing something great the last few years, but I imagine it's a little more difficult for Morey to attract top talent to Houston because like it or not the offense centers around James Harden and is very often a dribble-dribble-dribble-dribble-iso type offense.

Golden State's offense centers (or centered) much more around distribution/passing even with the top tier talent they have.
Olsen
AG

Hickory High
AG
Man, Parsons had such promise for his career. So weird that he had such injury problems.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hickory High said:

Man, Parsons had such promise for his career. So weird that he had such injury problems.
Career ~5500 points scored
Career earnings: >$125,000,000
CFTXAG10
AG

I hope Jalen is right....
Guitarsoup
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I hope Jalen is right....
PRAYING.GIF
Hickory High
AG
The Suns just continue to impress with their stupidity. First they agree to give $51 MILLION to Ricky Rubio, then they trade Josh Jackson, Melton, AND PICKS so they can make the payment.

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE HAVE JOBS?!?!

Agmaniacmike12
Agreed. I can understand finally cutting ties with Jackson, but Melton is a nice defensive PG who can play the PatBev role off the bench. Don't forget about them sending the #32 pick with TJ Warren to Indy. Warren was a nice piece on a solid contract, he wasn't being overpaid to do nothing with Phoenix.

If you want to offload Warren and Melton, that is fine, but you should be picking up something other than cap flexibility, and certainly not losing draft picks in the process. With all of that being said, Oubre is worth re-signing, Saric is a nice piece, and Baynes can provide quality depth. With these moves, I think they will likely have a max slot next offseason when Tyler Johnson's contract is finished.
Mr.Bond
AG
Canada is bat**** crazy about Kawhi
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Guitarsoup
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Canada is bat**** crazy about Kawhi

They also know that team isn't that good without him.
Mr.Bond
AG
True but it's like national news have you seen Twitter? Following his car down the Interstate for Christ sake. Like oj in the bronco
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Hickory High
AG
Mr.Bond said:

True but it's like national news have you seen Twitter? Following his car down the Interstate for Christ sake. Like oj in the bronco

Wait seriously?
Hickory High
AG
Hmmmmm
Mr.Bond
AG
Check Twitter

Texan_Aggie
AG
Damn, if only we had the best GM in the business like GS we'd be in the running.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
TXAG14
We are toast in the West.
Hickory High
AG
Yeahhhh ain't no way we could beat those guys in a 7 game series.
HossAg
AG
Holy **** the nba is gonna be crazy this year. And hickory I think you're overestimating how good all these teams will be. I think we'll still be top 3 going into the playoffs with a decent chance to make some noise depending on how the bracket sets up.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Westbrook has to be on the trading block I'm assuming
WES2006AG
AG
Sure the Clips just became a contender but this is still more desirable than Kawahi going to the Lakers. The West is going to be brutally tough in the postseason, it always is. We should be in a good position to play with any of these teams the way we are currently constructed and Morey will of course always be working the phones.

As always injuries and seeding will play a big role in all of this.
Hickory High
AG
I guess the only big thing left now is to see who the Warriors will trade DLo for.
CFTXAG10
AG
Like many have been echoing here, the seeding is going to be very important, and so will health. The Lakers and Clippers gutted their depth and future picks to bring in superstars which is great, but your core has to stay healthy. Obviously the Clippers will likely be the favorite, closely followed by the Lakers, and then I believe the Rockets will be right there contending for a top 3 seed.

Lastly, you know what my favorite part of these offseason moves has been? **** the Warriors
Unemployed
AG
Hickory High said:

I guess the only big thing left now is to see who the Warriors will trade DLo for.
You're going to have to wait a year for that.
Guitarsoup
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Who would see Westbrook and think that is the final championship piece?

OKC has major cap problems - $31mm tax bill right now - so they are going use those picks to make deals right now to teams with cap space (Dallas only) and trade exceptions.
CFTXAG10
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Absolutely, hats off to Presti though. I think he knew he couldn't get a chip with George/Westbrook so he is turning to building things organically through the draft. I think they will get a good haul for Westbrook too, but given what he has done for the franchise I would imagine they will allow him to have some input into where he goes. It is either that, or keep him there to sell tickets, but have a feeling Westbrook wouldn't be okay with that.
First Page Last Page
Page 244 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.