*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

710,195 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
ATM9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

So...KD only played 4.5 games, the Rockets had ****ing James Harden where LAC's best player was a bench player, and the Rockets still lost in the same amount of games that the 8 seed Clippers did and y'all consider that putting up a better fight? Okay.

I think you have some dumb definition of what a good fight is which is the root of the problem with your argument. The Rockets Warriors series was competitive down to the wire in every single game. That's a good fight. You can't say the same thing about the Clippers series. Doesn't matter who was or wasn't playing... all that matters when you talk about 'a better fight' is whether or not it was actually a tougher series. The Rockets categorically gave the Warriors a tougher series than the Clippers did.

HTH and go watch the games while you are hitting it.
Ags #1
AG
think morey basically said via IG that harden and paul are staying.
Hickory High
AG
If that's actually true, then we're in trouble next year.
1876er
AG
Hickory High said:

Did you actually think somebody would take over CP3s contract?
CP3 should still be able to play at a high level next year especially if somebody (maybe Rivers) can help him manage his minutes. It's the last two years of his contract that are most concerning, but guys like Steve Nash and Kobe still played at a high level to 36 or so. Seems like when basketball players hit that 35 year mark, it goes downhill fast.
Texan_Aggie
AG
I think the bigger issue is the style of play. The point of bringing in Paul was that you had "two all star point guards on the floor" at the same time. Problem is James played so much iso-ball CP3 never really get into a rhythm. Need to go back 2 years to see what was working then.
Mr.Bond
AG

I'm done with the internet for the day
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Hickory High
AG
1876er said:

Hickory High said:

Did you actually think somebody would take over CP3s contract?
CP3 should still be able to play at a high level next year especially if somebody (maybe Rivers) can help him manage his minutes. It's the last two years of his contract that are most concerning, but guys like Steve Nash and Kobe still played at a high level to 36 or so. Seems like when basketball players hit that 35 year mark, it goes downhill fast.

It went downhill for CP halfway through last season. He was awful in the playoffs.

His time as an impact player is done. And yet he'll have 30% of our cap space. That's a huge problem.
1876er
AG
I wouldn't say he was awful in the playoffs. His days as an all star are done. He can still be an impactful player.
Hickory High
AG
1876er said:

I wouldn't say he was awful in the playoffs. His days as an all star are done. He can still be an impactful player.
Everything CP is and does HAS to be viewed through the lens of how much of our cap space he's responsible for.

Considering that, I think he was most definitely awful.
CFTXAG10
AG
I was curious on a few important league dates so thought I would post my findings for anyone else that might be interested....

June 20th - NBA Draft
June 30th - Free Agency Starts (verbal agreements only)
July 6th - Free Agents Can Sign
July 5-15 - Summer League
Hickory High
AG
You forgot:

June 21st - June 29th: Tampering period for all teams except the ones who are bad at it (Lakers)
Texan_Aggie
AG
Hickory High said:

1876er said:

Everything CP is and does HAS to be viewed through the lens of how much of our cap space he's responsible for.

Or you can look at it from an opportunity cost perspective. What, realistically, would the rockets have done with his cap space? I can't think of anything obvious. I also can't think of anybody on the CP3 level that we could REALISTICALLY use the money on this year.

Durant - Not coming to Houston
Kawhi - Going to LA/Not coming to Houston
Kyrie - About the same level as CP3
Kemba - CP3 light
Klay - Not coming to Houston
Porzingis - Maybe
Cousins - Injury prone & signed Capela last summer
Butler - Maybe
CFTXAG10
AG
From a pure PG perspective, both Kyrie and Kemba are better, younger, and cheaper than CP3. Although, both Kemba and Kyrie are due for large paydays soon. Basing this strictly off last season, I think you can make the argument that CP3 and Kemba are closer in value to their team than Kyrie and CP3.

I get your overall point though, and I think Morey does too. His philosophy has always been to go after the best players in the NBA and figure out the fit later.
biobioprof
CFTXAG10 said:

From a pure PG perspective, both Kyrie and Kemba are better, younger, and cheaper than CP3. Although, both Kemba and Kyrie are due for large paydays soon. Basing this strictly off last season, I think you can make the argument that CP3 and Kemba are closer in value to their team than Kyrie and CP3.

I get your overall point though, and I think Morey does too. His philosophy has always been to go after the best players in the NBA and figure out the fit later.
Kyrie is kind of a head case, though, isn't he? Obviously younger, but didn't exactly have a great playoffs run this year.
Mr.Bond
AG
Wrong thread
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

CFTXAG10
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Ketchup and Mustards PLEASE

CFTXAG10
AG
Mr.Bond
AG

Hickory High
AG
Butler, 100%
WES2006AG
AG
Glad we are changing jerseys. It is overdue and here is another vote for the ketchup and mustard.
ATM9000
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Hickory High said:

1876er said:

Or you can look at it from an opportunity cost perspective. What, realistically, would the rockets have done with his cap space? I can't think of anything obvious. I also can't think of anybody on the CP3 level that we could REALISTICALLY use the money on this year.

Durant - Not coming to Houston
Kawhi - Going to LA/Not coming to Houston
Kyrie - About the same level as CP3
Kemba - CP3 light
Klay - Not coming to Houston
Porzingis - Maybe
Cousins - Injury prone & signed Capela last summer
Butler - Maybe
Kyrie and Kemba takes.... bwahahahahahahahaha.

I think Paul has become underrated big time but Kemba and Kyrie have both been light years better than Paul since the Rockets acquired him.
. . .
Texaggie7nine
7nine
3rdGen2015
AG
Really weird choice to not change the R at all. It looks out of place. Love the rest of it though.
CFTXAG10
AG
If this is any indication as to what they are going to do with the uniforms, I am not feeling optimistic
Dan Scott
AG
Original logo and jerseys. It's really not that hard
CFTXAG10
AG
When Crane got the Astros and went back to the basics everybody loved it. Not hard to do the same here.
Mr.Bond
AG
Dan Scott said:

Original logo and jerseys. It's really not that hard

Mr.Bond
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

When Crane got the Astros and went back to the basics everybody loved it. Not hard to do the same here.

WES2006AG
AG
That's underwhelming...
n_touch
Im just glad they added a basketball. I always got them confused with....nothing else
CFTXAG10
AG
These aren't the new uni's but I like the concept....

Frok
AG
Pretty sure the uniforms will be bad based off that logo.

Actually, the whole Rockets organization is poorly run now.
mazag08
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

These aren't the new uni's but I like the concept....

What is so hard about this?

This is the money maker.. apply this.. and never change.
First Page Last Page
Page 229 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.