*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,924 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
AG@RICE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I too keep thinking that LA might be the best place to go fishing for a CP3 deal, especially if LA strikes out in free agency. They are kind of in a weird limbo right now with the Magic Johnson fallout, Pelinka lies, and a mixture of an aging LeBron with a lot of younger talent. I don't necessarily see us "winning" any deal that moves CP3, but if Morey can get it done at minimal cost to the team he will look like the evil genius we know he can be.

I dont know, there are a few potential gems. Depending on how desperate the lakers get, we could get a fairly decent mix of prospects. Lonzo doesn't look great, but he could eventually become a really good player. Same for Ingram. They have raw talent, but they are young and undisciplined. Coaching and environment could make a huge difference. None of them can ever hit peak CP3 level performance; but, we only get that for ~5 minutes a game so we could actually win on production/value.

Just have to hope the Lakers don't land a single star quality FA. Desperation makes people do stupid things.
Hickory High
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Hickory High said:

I mean if y'all don't want the scoops, I can just stop posting them. My guy is legit. About as insider as anyone can get.
Like at the deadline when you had super double secret insider info about a huge move that was a done deal but then nothing happened? Like when you told us how much your guy told you that the organization valued James Ennis and how their super advanced analytics showed that he was a better player than Eric Gordon? And then they dumped Ennis for a swap of 2nd round draft picks, which is worth about as much as a game-worn Dwight Howard jersey?

You are about as full of $h!t as anyone can get. At best, you're not a very good friend. If I worked for the Rockets, you are the last guy I would share inside info with. If Morey is as tight-lipped as everyone says, he would not want this info out here. Why would someone close to him share information with a guy that is going to go blab all over forums with it?
I explicitly stated that my trade deadline scoop was merely something being discussed. At NO POINT did I say that it was a "done deal". Enough with the misrepresentation.

As far as the "blab all over the forums" comment goes.....this is an NBA team-specific thread on a college sports forum. I don't bring this stuff to Clutchfans. I bring it here because there are only like 8-10 people who consistently read this thread, so who cares?

Again, if you don't want to believe me, fine. But I can tell you my source is about as close as it gets. Take it or leave it. And again, I'll stop sharing news I get if I'm just constantly going to catch **** for it.
lil99chris
AG
LeBron runs the Lakers....

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-agent-added-to-lakers-drama-by-complaining-to-adam-silver-about-wanting-luke-walton-replaced-per-report/

Quote:

In November, NBA commissioner Adam Silver and Maverick Carter, LeBron's longtime business partner, met for lunch. James' agent, Rich Paul, was seated at a nearby table, and at one point, approached Silver to complain about Walton, multiple sources familiar with the interaction told ESPN. Paul said he didn't believe Walton was the right coach for the Lakers. Silver shrugged off the remark and asked whom Paul thought would be the right coach. Paul suggested Tyronn Lue.

Paul was also letting it be known through back-channel conversations, including those with reporters, that he wasn't on board with Walton. Paul criticized how Walton allotted minutes to players and his inconsistent lineups, which were partly the result of injuries and suspensions. Members of the Lakers' coaching staff became aware of those conversations and wondered whether Johnson's heated meeting with Walton was influenced by Paul.
bearkatag15
AG

Matsui
AG
Turmoil
Unemployed
AG
Good luck getting any decent assistants to join the Rockets with a lame duck head coach.
Hickory High
AG
Just like Capela, Coach Pringles performance in the playoffs has really hurt his overall perception a lot. He was so stubborn in his offensive gameplan, and I think it really killed us towards the end of the Utah series and for the entire Golden State series.

I've supported him this whole time, but I wouldn't feel too bad about getting a new coach at this point.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
LET'S GOOOOO. BURN IT ALL DOWN.
3rdGen2015
AG
Think we can trade CP3 for Brad Stevens?
k20dub
AG
Damn, i did not expect a complete rehaul of the roster after taking the Warriors to 6 games. Not sure how I feel about this.
Big Cat `93
AG
RealTalk said:

Good luck getting any decent assistants to join the Rockets with a lame duck head coach.
And a lame owner.
WES2006AG
AG
This feels like a preliminary announcement so that next week they can announce that the two sides have agreed to part ways amicably.

Not sure how I feel about that but this is all getting very interesting.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
k20dub said:

Damn, i did not expect a complete rehaul of the roster after taking the Warriors to 6 games. Not sure how I feel about this.
We took the Warriors to 7 games last year with KD playing and CP3 out the last two games.

This year, we took the Warriors to 6 games with no KD or Cousins and a healthy CP3 and lost.

The first scenario was going to go down as one of the biggest what if scenarios in recent NBA history and it took less than a year for the Rockets to get a PERFECT redemption chance and they blew it.

If it didn't happen this year, it's not happening period. Not with the roster as currently constructed.
3rdGen2015
AG
Doesn't seem too likely that MDA will be let go this summer. But if we start 11-14 again, he would probably be on the chopping block.

Quote:

D'Antoni plans to complete the final season of his deal in 2019-20 -- which could become a pathway to his own free agency the next year.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26857790/dantoni-ends-rockets-contract-talks
TXAG14
Why not fire him and eat the contract and get someone else in here for next season?
CFTXAG10
AG
Fans/Media after Rockets playoff exit: "Rockets will never win a championship with Dantoni, his system doesn't work"

Fans/Media after Rockets won't extend Dantoni: "What the hell are the Rockets doing?"
Aggie95
AG
need to just go ahead and cut ties with coach....he's proven to get less out of more.
WES2006AG
AG
I guess Morey doesn't want to get burned on another coaches extension after McHale
nkc1981
AG
What a disappointing close to our window if things end up going the way it sounds like theyre heading, and the whole team gets shaken up. Its hard to picture any scenario where we're able to put ourselves in the conversation of contending for a title next year by making major changes, instead of keeping this team intact for one more run and trying to add some smaller pieces here and there (like we were able to with house and rivers this year). If Durant leaves, i still feel like this exact same roster would have a pretty decent chance to win it all next year. We're talking about losing back to back years in 6 and 7 games to maybe the best team ever assembled. No other team in the league has shown they can even compete with GS other than the Rockets. It'd be another story if they manhandled us this year.
k20dub
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

k20dub said:

We took the Warriors to 7 games last year with KD playing and CP3 out the last two games.

This year, we took the Warriors to 6 games with no KD or Cousins and a healthy CP3 and lost.

The first scenario was going to go down as one of the biggest what if scenarios in recent NBA history and it took less than a year for the Rockets to get a PERFECT redemption chance and they blew it.

If it didn't happen this year, it's not happening period. Not with the roster as currently constructed.

I disagree. Assuming KD leaves the Warriors, I think this team could beat them in a 7 game series. The 2019 Warriors are the most stacked team in NBA history. We took them to 6 games, that were all tight games. Only one or two teams can say they went toe to toe with the Warriors the last 3 years.
Ags #1
AG
They have shown they can still beat us without kd. Imo Something needs to be done. Roster moves. New coach. Something because what we have now won't best them
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Literally only three teams can say they put up a good fight against the Warriors over the last 3 years:

2016 Cleveland Cavaliers - The beat them
2018 Houston Rockets - CP3 hammy
2019 Los Angeles Clippers - Who, and I'll bet money on this, will end up giving this year's Warriors their hardest challenge this post-season

The 2019 Houston Rockets and any version of that team (IE, Harden/CP3/Capela/D'Antoni as the core) will not be better/hungrier than the that team last season. You're crazy if you think otherwise.
Dad
AG
Why is Morey so good if he is the one that signed CP3 to this horrible contract one year ago?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Two years ago right?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Can't plan for a random hammy injury at the worst possible moment. It was a good signing and I really do think the Rockets would've beat the Warrior last season if CP3 didn't miss those last two games (and easily would've beat the Cavs).

But this year's CP3, at least late in the regular season and the playoffs, wasn't the same as last year's. He's 34 with a contract that would've been much easier to stomach had the Rockets won last year. But that didn't happen and likely won't happen. Have to move him if you can.
ATM9000
AG

Literally only three teams can say they put up a good fight against the Warriors over the last 3 years:

2016 Cleveland Cavaliers - The beat them
2018 Houston Rockets - CP3 hammy
2019 Los Angeles Clippers - Who, and I'll bet money on this, will end up giving this year's Warriors their hardest challenge this post-season

The 2019 Houston Rockets and any version of that team (IE, Harden/CP3/Capela/D'Antoni as the core) will not be better/hungrier than the that team last season. You're crazy if you think otherwise.

Who the hell starred this?

The Warriors went 6 with Clippers just like the Rockets... bet they beat the Clippers by 27, 19, 17 and 12. Sound beatings all 4 games. I can assure you the Warriors were way more worried and got a way better fight from the Rockets than they did from the Clippers. I think the Raptors are going to make this a tough series too.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Did you just look at the final box scores or did you actually watch the games?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
They were an 8 seed who beat the Warriors twice at home in the first round and the two games the Clips got blown out at home in required that KD go nuclear.
ATM9000
AG

They were an 8 seed who beat the Warriors twice at home in the first round and the two games the Clips got blown out at home in required that KD go nuclear.

Yeah dude... that's what great players do to crappier players: they go nuclear on them. Hence, it isn't really competitive.

If you watched the games vs. listening to all the talking heads go 'watch out for the Clippers!' You'd have seen it really wasn't that close so I question if you watched the games.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Whatever you say, I guess. I watched all of those first round games. And I was at every home playoff game for us. Trust me, the Rockets didn't put up a better fight against the Warriors than the Clippers did. Believe me.

Again, burn it down.
mAgnoliAg
AG

Whatever you say, I guess. I watched all of those first round games. And I was at every home playoff game for us. Trust me, the Rockets didn't put up a better fight against the Warriors than the Clippers did. Believe me.

Again, burn it down.

What the ****? Holy **** I'm dying right now. We've gotta archive this post as literally the stupidest ever on this board. Pin it at the top.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
So...KD only played 4.5 games, the Rockets had ****ing James Harden where LAC's best player was a bench player, and the Rockets still lost in the same amount of games that the 8 seed Clippers did and y'all consider that putting up a better fight? Okay.
Fairview20
AG

Can't plan for a random hammy injury at the worst possible moment. It was a good signing and I really do think the Rockets would've beat the Warrior last season if CP3 didn't miss those last two games (and easily would've beat the Cavs).

But this year's CP3, at least late in the regular season and the playoffs, wasn't the same as last year's. He's 34 with a contract that would've been much easier to stomach had the Rockets won last year. But that didn't happen and likely won't happen. Have to move him if you can.
Morey signed CP3 to the 4 year max deal AFTER the GSW series which made little sense at the time and absolutely none now. He opted in to the last year of his contract with the Clippers (17-18) as part of an opt and trade with the Rockets, and was resigned in the summer of 2018.
Ags #1
AG
Maybe they had a gentleman's agreement to extend him? Doubt they could go back on then be known as the team that backs out of that type of deal? Just guessing here
Dad
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Two years ago right?

Signed last year (2018), after the season was over.

It is not like last year was the only season the injury bug hit him when he was needed the most. He was really good last year but a max deal for 4 years when he can't live up to his salary in year 1 and is only declining in skill every year is a terrible deal for the team.

Edit: I just saw this discussed on ESPN and they said Les Alexander promised CP3 a max deal and the Rockets had to honor that promise or it would ruin their reputation and ability to sign future free agents. I guess that makes sense.
First Page Last Page
Page 228 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.