Dr Evil commissioner threatening Charlotte again

2,741 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexAgs1992
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1062873-report-nba-on-verge-of-pulling-all-star-weekend-from-charlotte
Guitarsoup
AG
Brilliant idea to punish a city and team over things they have no control over.
Mr.Bond
AG
Next he will force the hornets to Seattle
Guitarsoup
AG
Michael Jordan would have him killed first. And no North Carolina Jury would convict Jordan of anything.
TexAgs1992
Politics and sports should not mix, especially for something as minute as this. Silver pandering an agenda is not good for the league.
TajMaballer
AG
LOL if New Orleans steals the All Star Game from them!
lil99chris
AG
I wonder if the ACC will have any problem with the ACC Football Championship game being played in Charlotte once it is time to renew. Charlotte and Greensboro are scheduled to host the ACC Basketball Tournament in '19 & '20. The ACC Baseball tournament is held in Durham, NC.

Not sure why the NBA feels the need to get involved.
lil99chris
AG
...Clay Travis article

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nba-takes-fake-stand-idiots-online-cheer-072116
91AggieLawyer
AG
This will hurt the NBA far worse than North Carolina. I'm pretty much done with this rigged (in many ways) league, and this pushes me over. I know many that feel the same way.
Good Poster
AG
quote:
rigged (in many ways) league

In which ways?
BMX Bandit
quote:
This will hurt the NBA far worse than North Carolina. I'm pretty much done with this rigged (in many ways) league, and this pushes me over. I know many that feel the same way.

I guarantee you the money NC loses over not having the game will be greater than money the NBA loses for moving the game.
jr15aggie
AG
Liberals: It's OK to believe whatever you want to believe or be whoever you want to be (but you can't believe in the Bible and you can't be a conservative because those people are just horrible and wrong!)
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Overbearing decision by the NBA, definitely. But it's going to take a lot more than this to hurt the NBA.
Isaih Smollett
Shame on the NBA for even considering having the ASG in a place where dudes aren't allowed in women's restrooms
Pumpkinhead
AG
I don't have a dog in this fight, but SI article implying the LGBT related issues were not really about a 'bathroom' bill. I agree with Clay Travis' comment that the NBA shouldn't be playing games in China then if they are bothered about playing a game in Charlotte.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/07/22/nba-all-star-game-2017-charlotte-bathroom-bill-hb2-adam-silver
Ag Natural
AG
I can't believe this dumb issue has caused the outrage it has on both sides. I guess one overreaction deserves another.
BBQ4Me
AG
NC HB2 is a terrible law.
EKUAg
AG
So is the NBA being hypocritical by pulling the All Star Game from Charlotte but playing preseason games in a country like China?
W
AG
where is Mr. SJW commissioner on the Derrick Rose situation? He's been awfully quiet...
TexAgs1992
W said:

where is Mr. SJW commissioner on the Derrick Rose situation? He's been awfully quiet...
Republican politicians weren't involved so there is no need for him to get involved either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.