*** Round 1: OKC vs. MEM ** AND ** FLOPS v GSW ***

19,117 Views | 530 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
Gigem Trevas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4stringAg
AG
Looks like a game 7 is on the way. Grizz don't have it tonight and didn't since the opening tip.

Two blown games in front of the home crowd this series

[This message has been edited by MemAg92 (edited 5/1/2014 9:08p).]
Pahdz
quote:
I feel like this will just be a 3 point game near the end.

Why wouldn't it? Every other game has been like that. I was ready to walk out of the arena Tuesday night but hung around. Still had to witness a brutal loss, but was a great finish.

I don't like when Russ shoots 20+ times per game either, but when it's for the most part in control like tonight, he's amazing.
Iowaggie
AG
Glad I at least made money on selling those tickets tonight.

Pahdz
He might still never be better than he is now, but Steven Adams is way better than what I expected to get out of him when the Thunder drafted him.
Pahdz
quote:
Glad I at least made money on selling those tickets tonight.

4stringAg
AG
Good call on your part Iowaggie. Made some coin and missed this clunker tonight.
Iowaggie
AG
Not sure how I feel about putting Conley back in.

If it is a strained hamstring, why put him in when down 17?
Iowaggie
AG
Why doesn't Adams play more?

And that is an easy T on Westbrook
Gigem Trevas
What an idiot arguing at the ref when you are up by 19.
Pahdz
quote:
Why doesn't Adams play more?

I figured he wouldn't play much this series because while he's way more athletic than Perkins, he's still really raw when it comes to defending skilled post players like Memphis has. He is going to be a good one for us I think.

He does also appear to have a knack for the dark arts of the game. Not sure what it is, but he's always in the middle of a fracas.
Iowaggie
AG
James Johnson should start instead of Prince.

I feel like Scott Brooks broke the unwritten gentlemen's agreement tonight. The one of "Hey, I'll start Prince, you start Sefolosha"
Pahdz
Thabo has no place in this series, Memphis doesn't have a 2 or 3 that requires a wing defender like him.
Ag Natural
AG
Durant has turned into one of my least favorite players in the league.
Pahdz
Jesus I know Randolph can't jump but Adams is just making this a joke now.
Gigem Trevas
Ugliest game I have seen in awhile.
Iowaggie
AG
It will be real interesting to see what happens at point guard next game if Conley can't go much. Without him and Calathes, I guess Courtney Lee or Prince runs the point when Beno sits or can't stay in front of whomever he is guarding.
mrnegative
Hey guys! I'm new here. I may not post long term, but I do really like my spurs! Hope to be able to contribute to most basketball threads here on Texags. Gig Em and GSG!
4stringAg
AG
If the Grizz don't win Game 7, that sure was a dud of a game to send the fans into the offseason. Really expected better from the Grizz tonight considering what was on the line.
4stringAg
AG
From last night, this is the difference to me in the game:

Mike Conley: 2-10; 5 pts
Courtney Lee: 2-7; 4 pts
Tayshaun Prince: 0-1; 0 pts (did lousy job of defending Durant early in the game)

That's 60% of your Grizz starting lineup delivering 9 pts, and as I recall, most of Conley's and Lee's pts came late in the 3rd when the game was already 20 pt margin in favor of OKC.

That just isn't going to get it done. And if Prince is not going to at least slow down Durant, he needs to be benched in favor of either Allen or someone who can give some offense.

Lee has given little offensively this series, Prince gives you nothing for the series offensively, and Conley seems to have been bottled up more than usual this series.

Iowaggie
AG
I agree.
At least James Johnson is a threat to drive.
I think Durant would draw about 3 fouls on him in about 4 minutes, but Prince contributes nothing.
Iowaggie
AG
So did anybody watch the GSW beat the flops?
saltydog13
AG
Nope. Just saw the highlights. you would think that GS just won the finals with the confetti they drop for a round 1 playoff win.
intmedag
AG
Zach Randolph is suspended for punching Adams
LawHall88
AG
And Memphis is done.
Old School Brother
and the thunder escape.
TheDino
AG
Unbelievable. OKC escapes. Trash.
Pahdz
Still gotta play the game but that doesn't hurt. Obviously deserved suspension, just a surprise because Adams has been punched more than any player and doesn't soccer flop (like Caron Butler did last night).
Guitarsoup
AG
Thugs gonna thug.
Deputy Travis Junior
Wow. ZBo gets a suspension for punching some guy I've never heard of. What a dunce.
Ganondorf
AG
I'm surprised this isn't the strategy more often. No name bench guy gets into altercation with star player.
Deputy Travis Junior
Assuming the Clippers beat GSW, I feel like they have to be the favorites against OKC. They can do most of the same things that Memphis has done to give OKC so much trouble (win the battle up front, pressure Westbrook into a lot of bad shots) and they have considerably more offensive firepower than the Grizz. They can't guard Durant like the Grizz can, but they don't need to exactly. If they give Durant his 35-40, limit the other guys, and run their offense, the Clips are going to compete well.
Gigem Trevas
toucan82
good to see OKC finally benefiting from the Harden trade

[This message has been edited by toucan82 (edited 5/2/2014 6:59p).]
Pahdz
quote:
good to see OKC finally benefiting from the Harden trade

[This message has been edited by toucan82 (edited 5/2/2014 6:59p).]

Certainly didn't see him being better than Lamb this early

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.