*** Round 1: OKC vs. MEM ** AND ** FLOPS v GSW ***

19,751 Views | 530 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think they said he was asking for the team fouls to be at 5 on the scoreboard
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
I think Jackson might have found a solution to the pick and roll woes due Curry getting manhandled by Paul and the Clipper posts and it's Iggy running the point. That should get Curry some much needed space too when they start to crash on Iggy's drives. I still think the series goes to 7.
Ganondorf
AG
As expected, the clippers shoot 22 more free throws for the win.
Jacques
quote:
What in TF was Crawford doing there?

Making sure everyone knows he's just as big a star as every player out there.
Jacques
And Durant can't and won't blame that on Crawford. But the league has to get rid of that guy. No one is there to see officials get involved in a game like that.
Iowaggie
AG
quote:

Before last night, the Clippers averaged 29.25 FT's per game, while the Warriors averaged 26.

Last night it was 41 to 19.

TheDino
AG
Joey is the worst. I was cheering hard for OKC to lose. But that was a joke what Crawford did. I can't stand seeing that guy on the court.
4stringAg
AG
Trevas, I'm not planning on going to the game unfortunately. wish I was, that crowd last Saturday was unreal.
Gigem Trevas
I thought about driving to OKC for the game last night, but had too much stuff I had to take care of.
Iowaggie
AG
The way this series is going, you will have a game 7 opportunity, and it will be a triple overtime game 7 that gets you home about 2 hours before you have to wake up.
Jacques
quote:
Joey is the worst. I was cheering hard for OKC to lose. But that was a joke what Crawford did. I can't stand seeing that guy on the court.

The league allowing the guy to continue to officiate when he CLEARLY does not understand his role in the game is a real problem.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
quote:

Before last night, the Clippers averaged 29.25 FT's per game, while the Warriors averaged 26.

Last night it was 41 to 19.

And yesterday was the Donald Sterling ruling. There was no way the clippers were losing at home after that. I really expected no less.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
The way this series is going, you will have a game 7 opportunity, and it will be a triple overtime game 7 that gets you home about 2 hours before you have to wake up.

Already have plans Saturday night so it would be a no go regardless.
LawHall88
AG
Scotty Brooks for Coach of the Year:

quote:
Meanwhile, Thunder coach Scott Brooks has elected to take the ball out of Durant's hands and put it into Reggie Jackson's. After Durant hit a 3-pointer to complete a 27-6 run and erase a 20-point Grizzlies lead in the fourth quarter, he didn't touch the ball for seven consecutive possessions. Often he just stood in the corner. This was by design.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10859134/thunder-grizzlies-game-5-thriller
Simplebay
AG
for those wondering, Crawford had to stop the game from contuining at that point, because the team fouls were incorrectly being shown on the scoreboard. that's what the players look at for team fouls, so there is a rule precedent for that. Crawford did the right thing.

that being said, he always does it in an over the top manner. which is becoming a problem

Iowaggie
AG
Interesting read on the link posted above, including what got into Joey.

quote:
Crawford had asked the scoreboard operator to indicate that both teams were in the bonus on the scoreboard. This is standard procedure in the last two minutes of any quarter when teams shoot free throws on the second foul. Referees like to be able to look at the scoreboard to determine if a team gets shots on a non-shooting foul. Crawford had just called a non-shooting foul on Allen and the Thunder were in the bonus but didn't immediately know it because it wasn't on the scoreboard.

But the board didn't change. After seeing it hadn't been fixed, Spooner, the official closest to the scorer's table, repeated the request. When it wasn't corrected, Crawford stopped play and took the ball from Durant, essentially breaking his rhythm and causing a delay. Crawford stomped over and demanded the scoreboard be altered.

In the end, Crawford was right, but it was an odd time and an odd reason to call for a break in the action. Crawford has been known to berate scoring officials when he's unhappy and the scorer's table in Oklahoma City has been known to irk officials at times.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Sounds like the dumbasses running the scoreboard in OKC need to pull their heads out.

Joey is annoying, but that is something that should be right.
Ganondorf
AG
While I agree that it should be right, he didn't have to give the ball to Durant first. He should have waited to see if the situation was resolved.
Jacques
quote:
for those wondering, Crawford had to stop the game from contuining at that point, because the team fouls were incorrectly being shown on the scoreboard. that's what the players look at for team fouls, so there is a rule precedent for that. Crawford did the right thing.

that being said, he always does it in an over the top manner. which is becoming a problem

He thinks he's part of the show.
Gigem Trevas
Shocked someone hasn't posted him running in front of Curry as he attempted a 3 earlier in the Warriors Clap series. Curry also missed said 3 pointer if my memory is correct.

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 4/30/2014 1:31p).]
Jacques
Dead spin has a greatest hits compilation that includes that. Curry did miss.
Iowaggie
AG
That Grizzlies - Thunder game 5 was highest rated NBA TV game ever.

Of course, it is important to point out that most the time, the top media market teams don't play on NBA TV in the playoffs.
Guitarsoup
AG
Diet Cokehead
tbirdspur2010
RebAg13
AG
Every time I see this thread title with flops I still laugh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Grizz, if you could eliminate OKC tonight, that'd be great.
tremble
AG
quote:

Gigem Trevas
Found some more that I found funny.

Ganondorf
AG
Keanu and skinny are my favorites of the above grouping.
Iowaggie
AG
OKC Paper seems to be turning on Durant.

At least, I don't imagine they've put something like this on there before.

That's not right.

mAgnoliAg
AG
^

Hope for him to bail to Houston
Guitarsoup
AG
Three more years until he is a free agent!
lil99chris
AG
Don't worry Kevin Durant..........you can still be in my Sprint framily.
aggie_2001_2005
Somehow I get the feeling OKC is going to come out and murder the Grizzlies tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.