******BTHO LSU******

8,081 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by GigEm200$
sharpdressedman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't count on talented players returning next year to play for G.
Peace2u
Another game that this team should have won if a different coach was here. No accountability for launching the ball forward aimlessly.

Sick and tired of simply giving the other team additional opportunities when we are already struggling to score. The start of the game or after they score we simply boot it back to them everytime! Keep the $&@$%# ball.

Why is Wilkerson and Becerra who is our top scorer and assist leader not playing more minutes in a game we need to win? Another questionable coaching decision.
jessexy
AG
Just watched the replay for the big decisions.I know this referee pretty well. He's on the fringes of the pro game, regularly officiating MLS Next Pro and USL1 games. He might be getting USL games as well.

LSU pk. Ref missed it live and it was a hard angle to see. He's looking thru a mass of players as the ball goes to the back post. The AR should be helping him in his comms giving him information that it deflected off an A&M player. Slowing down the replay, Aggie player turns to block the shot. It's a natural turning motion and, as she turns her body left, her left arm moves out and right are tucks in across her body. The ball actually hits the left arm that is extended away from the body and blocks a shot on goal. Correct decision for a PK and probably should have been a yellow also. Caution is not needed in the college game here though.

A&M no pk. Ref missed this one live too. He was in good position so he must have been screened. This is the exact same body position for the LSU defender that the A&M defender had earlier. She's turning to her left and her right arm in tucking in across her body while the left arm is moving away from her body. None of those facts matter though because the shot takes a deflection off the leg of the sliding LSU defender and deflects into the turning LSU defender about 2 yards behind and there's no time to react. That's going to negate the handling offense every single time. No penalty. Ref got this correct for no pk.

I give kudos to the Referee because, in college, there's no VAR reviewing these plays and telling him to go look at the monitor. The referee is the only person that makes the decision to go look at it, so he/she has to question it in their mind first and then stop the game to check it. It's a hard position to be put in.

What I don't like is Coach G taking the yellow card on that 2nd review. It's stupid to get a yellow there. The ref stopped the game and went to the monitor to look. It's A&M's broadcast showing the replay in the monitor for the ref, so there's no bias. The ref looks and makes his decision based on the replay. What is G yelling about AFTER the referee looks at it the 2nd time and makes the same decision? That's exactly why replay is in the college game. Then you turn around 9 seconds later and give up a goal that's no fault of the referee's you get the 2nd caution. That's embarrassing from G Guerreri IMO. Don't take the 1st caution after the referee called the review on himself and looked at the replays provided by the home team broadcast and you can get away with a reaction 9 seconds later. Then you stay in the game and do your job.

Sorry, that's a lot of words but a coach getting more cautions than every player on both teams is just dumb. Especially when the referee gets the decisions correct.
frankie00
I have thought it for several years but saying it publicly for the first time - definitely time for a coaching change. Will probably mean the entire staff.

We have had some really good teams over the years but with the many seasons we have had soccer at A&M the 'average season' is just that - average.

I compare it to Coach Evans in softball. She was around for a long time, had some very, very good teams at times, but it was time for a change several years before it happened.

Of course, a new coaching staff cannot guarantee success. Think about the football program. But I do not think anything will change with the current staff so it is time.
txagpapi
AG
So the reason why he acted like that was because both goals came off of ref's decisions. The first being the pk, was too far from our goal to see and the replay wasn't shown at the game so no way for me to judge. Move on. Second foul called before they scored, player CLEARLY flopped. Now, most likely these flops WILL get called but there's no reason to call them as play can keep going without affecting either team. This gave them a chance to attack and we're horrible at transitioning even on a stopped play. I feel for G and would of been losing my noodle if I was the HC as well. Regardless, refs overall had a below average game. Very unfortunate as that crew is usually on top of it. These frustrations got the better of him and hence why he went haywire on the refs. I'd be more upset at the team for not being focused in transition moments but I'm not HC.
mullokmotx
AG
The referee passed by me at halftime and I almost asked him if he left his yellow card at home as I thought he let LSU get way too physical that first half, especially against Becerra. Every team knows she is our best player and she gets knocked down a lot.
I think it should have been a handball call on LSU. When LSU played UK last week a ball bounced up and hit a player on the elbow and it wasn't even a shot being taken and it was called.
Aggie Futbol
The moment G was carded off the field and Stephenson took over, the energy and quality of our play improved. Also, his decision to quickly move to a 3-5-2 formation was very smart.
AggieCrew44
AG
Aggie Futbol said:

The moment G was carded off the field and Stephenson took over, the energy and quality of our play improved. Also, his decision to quickly move to a 3-5-2 formation was very smart.
LSU also parked the bus at that point
taylorswift13_
Coach G hasn't won 5 conference games in a season since 2020
taylorswift13_
Pop the confetti, RPI goes from 54 to 53
taylorswift13_
Arkansas is 3 and Miss State is 4
Giggem
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Yikes. That's a shocking stat.
taylorswift13_
Giggem said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Yikes. That's a shocking stat.

3-6-1
3-4-3
4-3-3
3-4-1
1-2 in conference tournament
14-19-8
MookieBlaylock
AG
4 more years!
taylorswift13_
MookieBlaylock said:

4 more years!
he's an Aggie legend he should choose when he retires
txagpapi
AG
The problem with our team last night was that any player seems to not be encouraged to shoot. We have some very solid players, they can score or at least create shots on goal more often then they themselves believe. There were ample of opportunities were they could have shot and goalie would of been humbled. LSU did not impress, they had around 2 players all night. We kept the tempo and possession of the game. If we slow down, the game slows down. We need to get ourselves in wide positions and utilize our threats more i.e: Pante, Becerra and McDonald. The team did okay on that last night. Ivey needs to be encouraged to take more 1v1s and then look for the chance to score. She gets herself in great positions and is more creative than the opposition. If any of these players takes a shot and the ball somehow does not make it in, Wilkinson WILL find the back of the net inside the 18, that's her style and is what she's good at. I just don't get it. If they take shots, we win the game. As cliche as it sounds.
jessexy
AG
txagpapi said:

So the reason why he acted like that was because both goals came off of ref's decisions. The first being the pk, was too far from our goal to see and the replay wasn't shown at the game so no way for me to judge. Move on. Second foul called before they scored, player CLEARLY flopped. Now, most likely these flops WILL get called but there's no reason to call them as play can keep going without affecting either team. This gave them a chance to attack and we're horrible at transitioning even on a stopped play. I feel for G and would of been losing my noodle if I was the HC as well. Regardless, refs overall had a below average game. Very unfortunate as that crew is usually on top of it. These frustrations got the better of him and hence why he went haywire on the refs. I'd be more upset at the team for not being focused in transition moments but I'm not HC.
There's no reason to argue about it, but one reason to call an inconsequential foul in the midfield is to create a stoppage when he can go to replay. He called a foul (flop or not doesn't really matter) and immediately stopped the clock and signaled for the review. Nobody on the field or bench argues with him about calling that foul.

After the review where the referee confirms the no pk decision, G takes a yellow card.

THEN..... LSU takes a free kick 80 YARDS from the A&M goal and they score. Somehow that's the referee's fault? I'm not buying that at all.

When the refs miss it, I'll call them out. But this ref got these 2 penalty decisions correct. This is the way the NCAA wants replay used. and the NCAA #1 point of emphasis this season is bench conduct. Ejecting G was correct also.
jessexy
AG
txagpapi said:

The problem with our team last night was that any player seems to not be encouraged to shoot. We have some very solid players, they can score or at least create shots on goal more often then they themselves believe. There were ample of opportunities were they could have shot and goalie would of been humbled. LSU did not impress, they had around 2 players all night. We kept the tempo and possession of the game. If we slow down, the game slows down. We need to get ourselves in wide positions and utilize our threats more i.e: Pante, Becerra and McDonald. The team did okay on that last night. Ivey needs to be encouraged to take more 1v1s and then look for the chance to score. She gets herself in great positions and is more creative than the opposition. If any of these players takes a shot and the ball somehow does not make it in, Wilkinson WILL find the back of the net inside the 18, that's her style and is what she's good at. I just don't get it. If they take shots, we win the game. As cliche as it sounds.
This is ironic because on the no penalty decision for A&M, McDonald cuts back about 6 times and tries to dribble through/around 3 defenders before taking a shot that got deflected. You're right by saying our players don't shoot when they have the chance.
Rastin
Agreed. We got scored on because of defense and keeper breakdown. Why is that the refs fault. We got burned.
txagpapi
AG
Don't really care what the NCAA want tbh. The ref calling a foul that's not a foul definitely affects the game if you get scored on right after that. I'm not defending the arguing, I wouldn't do it if I was him. There's no reason to argue after a decision has been made. I'd make a few comments and that's it, to ensure he's aware that I am not putting up with incorrect decisions and to get his act together. Didn't know midfield was 80 yards away but goes with what I said on losing in transitional moments. We had plenty of time to get our defense in line but we let go and it costs us.
txagpapi
AG
Do you clearly not see how much of a threat McDonald is? She is arguably the fastest player on both teams for every game. If they can feed Becerra to then feed her, we could establish some practices to focus on crossing or winning on the 1v1s. I'd agree, she likes dribbling straight into the defenders' legs but she can still put in some crosses if there's any players there.
taylorswift13_
Foul or not, hand ball or not… coach G needs to be gone
jessexy
AG
The coaches work with the NCAA to establish points of emphasis for the season. The coaches also determined the expanded video review parameters for this season. And they voted for the dumb substitution rules that stop the clock with 15 minutes left in the 2nd half this season. So the NCAA puts those rules in place for the season and transfer them down to the referees to enforce. Then the coaches yell at the referees for enforcing them.

If you don't care what the NCAA wants, then you're the same as the coach yelling at the referees for enforcing the rules that you voted to put in place. That helps explain your confusion at least.
GigEm200$
Threats? The starting attacking seniors with a combined 10 years as Aggies have career goal totals of 10, 12, 13. When you have forwards who are averaging 2.5 & 3 goals per season, you're not going to have many successful seasons.
MookieBlaylock
AG
txagpapi said:

Do you clearly not see how much of a threat McDonald is? She is arguably the fastest player on both teams for every game. If they can feed Becerra to then feed her, we could establish some practices to focus on crossing or winning on the 1v1s. I'd agree, she likes dribbling straight into the defenders' legs but she can still put in some crosses if there's any players there.

McDonald is in her 4th season at this point she is McDowell's
taylorswift13_
When McDonald touches the ball I usually just sigh because 98% of the time she's turning it over, despite her speed, she has no touch or skill with the ball
MookieBlaylock
AG
She should have been moved to RB 3 years ago and moved Armenta to her true position of mid

oklaunion
A coach can't flip the bird and yell " F*** You" to the ref and expect to stay on the field. I suppose he planned it that way in order to motivate his team. Still classless.
taylorswift13_
Is this actually what happened????????
txagpapi
AG
Not confused at all. I never said for G to start yelling at the ref, that's his thing. All those other rules I don't care about because I'm not around the NCAA for them to affect me.
txagpapi
AG
Yes, threats. You have a team, whether you have bad or good players, you have to work with what you have. I will agree that seasons will be extremely difficult if you don't score.
oklaunion
taylorswift13_ said:

Is this actually what happened????????
Yes, he did it right next to the female ref on the sideline at midfield. I think she snitched him off since the head ref had his back to G. But he most likely heard him. He completely lost it, not unlike the time he went after the midget ex-Tennessee head coach on the field after the end of the match.
sharpdressedman
Wow. That is unhinged and despicable behavior.

I think G knows he is done here, and he was triggered by the ref to act out his frustration and anger.
jessexy
AG
Ok. This makes more sense now. The box score has G with a yellow card at 63:01 and a red card at 63:09. On the broadcast we see the 1st caution given to him right after the review is done. We don't see the 2nd caution given after the goal is scored but we see the ref in the area of the A&M bench when he should be near the center circle. Then we see G walking off the field fixing divots and *****

If he did what you said he did, then he should've gotten a straight red. Good for AR1 to communicate that to the Ref and good for the Ref for giving the red card.
taylorswift13_
G is for Garbage

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.