******BTHO t.u.******

7,485 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by aggiedrjdub
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forgot how annoying the sips and their 40 acres nonsense is

Nobody calls it the 18,500 acres at the AF Academy
rollingwoodaggie
Yea….what do expect from a Cal Berk east. Most of their students probably haven't spent much time outside a city limits.
83AgCiti
AG
Way past time for a change.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Prancer got that call right but enjoyed every moment of his flamboyant jog to the replay machine
TRM
AG
That was a crap corner attempt. Everyone on the same side. No space.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Is the sips soggy diaper short look considered demure?
oklaunion
Why did Pante punt it out near the goal? That wasn't even a shot.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Terrible yellow card from Prancer

Not even close to a yellow on Matula2
TCWave
More frustrating that they did not come out in the same formation vs Auburn. They were running two 6s plus pushing man coverage and not letting ball recipient turn. We went back to old formation, when we loosened coverage and refocused mid on pushing ball forward only. All is not lost, but certainly frustrating.
Coop26
AG
No creativity on offense whatsoever. Frustrating.
Coop26
jkag89
Aggies 0 - sippie 2 Final
MookieBlaylock
AG
Announcer sums it up - Aggies didn't play hard enough in the first half

Ouch
missinAggieland
AG
We also took way too many bd shots. Shots right into defenders.
taylorswift13_
Coach G has won 12 out of 34 conference games since 2021
Rastin
Keeper needed to grab that ball in.
Stone44
AG
SOS
rollingwoodaggie
Terrible. Watching the game in Austin it's obvious Coach G just recruits a different style of player than tu does. tu had a lot more quicker smaller players than us that were better on the ball.
Rambotx
Aggies players don't seem to have the foot speed required to move the ball and score on offense. Kate Colvin is the exception and plays very hard when on the field.
rollingwoodaggie
Agree…it was very obvious watching in person.
taylorswift13_
rollingwoodaggie said:

Terrible. Watching the game in Austin it's obvious Coach G just recruits a different style of player than tu does. tu had a lot more quicker smaller players than us that were better on the ball.
exactly! The past few years tu has their pick of the top recruits in Texas, Coach G hasn't recruited well in state for a while
rollingwoodaggie
Which is a shame. This is the one program we have where are historically better than tu.
Giggem
AG
A befuddling thing about tonight's game is how many times, especially in the first half, our players played a lob into the box. Surely our staff scouted the Texas keeper enough to know she's very strong and aggressive about coming out and gobbling up crosses and high balls into the box--especially soft lobs. Those turned out to be massive wastes, but our players did it repeatedly.

And then in the second half you could see the fatigue and frustration leading to our players just resorting to kickball again, repeatedly blasting a long, futile ball. When you resort to playing "hope" long balls, you're toast. It's a shame the possession-oriented team that trounced TCU and Auburn was nowhere to be seen tonight.
Soccer1
Poor possession and a high turnover rate was an issue tonight. We rarely have any build up into the opponents box. To much sending the ball over the top and hoping our forwards can battle it out for a goal. At the same time Texas's did a good job stopping our forwards going 1v1 against them. We are missing an Ally Watt type of player to play this style of soccer. Texas played a better possession game and did a better job building up into our box. All their goals were scored near the 6 yard box. This was also a Texas team not at full strength. Two very different styles of soccer tonight. Defense continues to be a bit concerning as of late as this is supposed to be the strength of our team. Next weeks Ole Miss game is a must win. Auburn just beat them 3-0.
mullokmotx
AG
It seemed liked Pante hardly ever touched the ball in the first half. Wilkinson came in and got a little offense going. Their defenders anticipated our passes better than our players who were the targets of the passes. Their defense played a lot better than their first SEC game where Alabama scored 2 second half goals to tie them. Looks like our RPI will be about 41.
HiddenAg2
Tough match for A&M. Texas dominated early and scored their 2 chances on goal, one of which was poorly defended on a missed clearance. The second half A&M had the run of play but couldn't really figure out how to attack the Texas defense once around the box. It became a lot of lobbed passes into the box that were easily defended by their GK. We did have 2 really good scoring chances but missed them both. We actually outshot Texas overall, but the finishing touches and effective possessions by them were the difference in the match.

What really stands out to me is when Texas had the ball, they could dribble quickly with it at their feet without pushing the ball too far out in front of them, thereby making it easier to beat A&M defenders. If you watch our players, it's the opposite; we kick the ball out in front of us and have to try and run it down before the defender gets to it. That's the skill level difference that has allowed Texas to slowly take over as the better program. Their top talent is better than ours and they were without Byars, so I guess it could have been worse.

I just think A&M will be up and down all season and look to be around .500 in the league, fighting for a spot in the tourney.
rollingwoodaggie
Good analysis
mullokmotx
AG
When Becerra re-entered the game in the second half she only played for 4 minutes and was replaced by Ivey.
CDub06
AG
The game has been analyzed. The team has been analyzed. The coach has been analyzed...

But can I ask something here?

What is the likelihood that Texas completely sweeps A&M in sports in their first year of SEC play? Awesome timing for them to have so many sports UP as they join after they spent several years floundering when we left their conference.
taylorswift13_
I was asking the same thing, we probably beat them in baseball, maybe we get them in men's basketball???? Even the sport we won a national championship in in tennis, tu just signed like the best class in the history of the sport! Maybe in golf lol
taylorswift13_
Also I guess G didn't want to do a post game press conference once again
ViewFromTheSidelines
Maybe he's waiting for his weekly show ?
Giggem
AG
CDub06 said:

The game has been analyzed. The team has been analyzed. The coach has been analyzed...

But can I ask something here?

What is the likelihood that Texas completely sweeps A&M in sports in their first year of SEC play? Awesome timing for them to have so many sports UP as they join after they spent several years floundering when we left their conference.
CDub, you're depressing us. Stop it.
aggiedrjdub
AG
from the peaks to the valleys. literally do not understand why this team cannot string together 2 consecutive solid games. i could tell from the first 15 minutes we were in trouble. again with the midfield just muffing passes and not connecting. they also weren't as quick to get back and defend once the ball was lost. i don't agree that texas was faster/more effective; they scored on our mistakes, as usual. maybe in that sense, i guess they were.

i have zero confidence in our coaches. unfortunately, the administration doesn't care what we think.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
GigEm200$
stark differences between the two teams last night

-tu had a minimum of 3 future pros on the field; didn't see any of that potential from any of our aggies last night

-tu defenders are the base of the attack--comfortable with the ball--link w/ the midfielders and playmakers--tu defense makes the game easy for the offensive players; 75% of the time our def kicks it out of bounds or tries playing over-the-top to our forwards who aren't over-the-top players

-having one playmaker changes the entire game

-tu movement off the ball was poetic...they were playing freely, moving into open space--reading their opponents and their teammates; conversely aggies who have been in the program for 4 yrs still don't understand basic movements of their positions
sharpdressedman
The Auburn win now appears to be a perplexing anomaly.

Collectively, our team is inconsistent at best and not likely to compete for a championship due to an unfortunate trifecta of unsuccessful recruiting, lack of player development, and state of the art coaching.

G has lost credibility with elite recruits, lost excellent players to the portal, and cannot buy the level and quantity of talent in the portal to restore the program to a highly competitive level. I anticipate that the balance of the season will be G's "Farewell Tour." Finding the right coach who will say "yes" may be a very difficult challenge.

I am a very interested observer with no training in the sport, so my observations and opinions may be wrong.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.