******BTHO Auburn******

6,097 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Peace2u
missinAggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was a stupid foul, but no worse of player control than their goalie.

If he's going to card for late hits with no control he needs to be consistent.
jkag89
Auburn scores

Auburn 1 - Texas Aggies 3

Things getting interesting considering the Ags are a woman down due to the Red Card.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Goal Auburn off of a free kick. That was on Fuller. She sat in the goal too long on a ball she should have certainly grabbed or punched out of the air.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Agree but she has been playing careless for much of the second half. She should have been pulled out and coached up.
AggieCrew44
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Goal Auburn off of a free kick. That was is on Fuller. She sat in the goal too long on a ball she should have certainly grabbed or punched out of the air.
Fuller had no chance. No way that's on her. That's on the defense for holding a line inside the box on a ball 40 yards out
missinAggieland
AG
I don't disagree with your point. Just find the decisions of this ref interesting and inconsistent.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Every time Dave Ramsey says slotted thru take a shot
aggiedrjdub
AG
I disagree. She sat back and reacted on it too late. Analysts said the same. Would like to see a replay honestly. Maybe we will get another look after the game.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Woohoo! Goal! 4-1
jkag89
GGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Sydney Becerra

Auburn 1 - Texas Aggies 4

jkag89
Auburn 1 - Texas Aggies 4 Final
missinAggieland
AG
Good to see shots go in the back of the net! Nice game!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Well dang what a difference a few days makes. That was a completely different team performance than we saw a few days ago. Great win against a very good Auburn team. Gig'em!
Soccer1
Big win to keep us in the tournament hunt. Defense did a good job limiting Auburn's shots on goal. Offensively good to see some goals fall for us, especially as Auburn had only given up 2 goals this season. However, Auburn was not as good as I thought they would be. Looks like Auburn took care of non conference and the SEC is going to be much tougher for them. As others have said it made no sense for the coaches to keep James in the game playing on a yellow. Doing things like this is why people question the coaching. Sunday's game at Texas should be interesting as they lost some top players due to injury.
sharpdressedman
Wow! I have seen all but one game, and tonight's performance is a huge, positive outlier. I eagerly await the informed, detailed analyses of the soccer experts.

Congratulations to the players and coaches on an outstanding game and win!
AggieCrew44
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I disagree. She sat back and reacted on it too late. Analysts said the same. Would like to see a replay honestly. Maybe we will get another look after the game.
The girl hit a backwards header inside the 6 in a crowd of like 8 people. That's in no way on the goalie. That's on the defense for allowing chaos
HiddenAg2
Well for at least one night it looked and felt like some good A&M soccer teams of old. Hustle, outworking the opponent, good controlled passing into space, and constant pressure. It resulted in multiple chances on goal and the finishing was very good. It reminded me that A&M soccer can be fun to watch when we're playing well and everyone is on the same page. That goal from Colvin to Grace Ivey was a thing of beauty. Where has this team been all year?

Now, Auburn is probably overrated and has played a relatively weak schedule, but even had they been elite, A&M probably wins this match anyway. It was the first time in a long time we saw all cylinders firing smoothly. Credit to the coaches and players for a focused, razor-like performance. The team that played tonight is an NCAA tournament team, so let's hope they use this result as momentum for the rest of the season, starting with the showdown in Austin on Sunday.

The only downsides tonight were the nasty bump on the head to Taylor Pounds (who came back in and played one of her better matches in a long time) and the unfortunate red card for Bella James (one of my favorite players). Don't understand why the coaches played her late in the match sitting on a yellow. Otherwise it was a near perfect night.
CDub06
AG
I need y'all to know that I had a conflict tonight and only got to watch a few minutes near the end of the game.

I turned it on. Auburn goal. Watched a few more minutes.
Turned it off. Aggie goal #4.

I'm the problem. It's me.
aggiedrjdub
AG

It was a good goal but I agree with the analyst here. She came off her line a bit too late for this one. Obviously people can see it different ways.
Diego
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

G is still refusing to start any transfer… love the idea of let's take an average sec team, take away 3 of its best players in Hayes, Boeckmann, and Caldwell, and hope we somehow get better
Ags win 4-1
vwbug
Underrated post of the year. He looks just like him and constantly says that.
taylorswift13_
Diego said:

taylorswift13_ said:

G is still refusing to start any transfer… love the idea of let's take an average sec team, take away 3 of its best players in Hayes, Boeckmann, and Caldwell, and hope we somehow get better
Ags win 4-1
lets celebrate, maybe now Texas A&M is top 50 in the entire country! Let's give him another extension!!!
Giggem
AG
That was a stunning turnaround. G took a huge gamble by calling his team "too weak and too soft" after the OU loss. You can lose a team that way. Or you can prompt a team to step up and show you something. Wow, the latter happened, in an amazing way.

A&M absolutely dominated this game. The midfield, especially Becera, James, Ivey, and yes, Pounds!, were in control all night. And the back line stood up and said "we ain't soft, not a bit!"

Well done all around, with some great finishing to boot, especially the balance and timing shown by Ivey on her clinical goal.

Really impressive night. I can't get over how dominant Ivey and Pounds were tonight, closing passing lanes to frustrate Auburn and then making consistently good passes themselves. They brought their best. Becera continues to be the key, but it was splendid to see her getting help from others in the midfield. I hope it continues Sunday and beyond.
LB12Diamond
AG
Just finished watching the game.

First, I hope the Auburn Goalie is OK and can play next game. Looked like a concussion concern, almost like she might be sick to her stomach from it which might mean it's a really bad one so she might be out for a while.

As far as the Aggies. Love the midfield play! Where the heck has that been? Please give me more of that the rest of the season.

And all the regular goals were beautiful plays. On Ivey's goal, perfectly curved pass in the middle. Great location and pace. And then a great touch to set up her goal. I love pretty soccer.

Only negative was losing a player for the next game on a second yellow when up 3-0.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Really saw Calzada step up and become a vocal leader on the field tonight. Super impressed with her. Jernigan was brilliant the entire match. She created so many opportunities; great vision and technical skill. We need her on the field for mega minutes to be competitive.

The midfield was just on a different level this game. Not sure what was said after ou, but bottle that up bc that was an elite performance.

G was correct. When we are bad, we are very bad. When we are good, we are very good. Tonight was a great night. Let's stay on this side of the table! Gig'em!
BQ_90
AG
good observation, she was in shutdown mode last night, she cleaned up any mess that came to the backline. She was everywhere.
mullokmotx
AG
The Auburn team must have stayed here last night because per Flightaware a plane is scheduled to leave Easterwood at 10:10 AM for Auburn.
Our RPI jumped to 38 after the win.
Gap
AG
A nice jump in the RPI for us - up from 58 to 38 in one day.

I noticed that Fairfield team we beat in August has a 44 RPI.
Diego
AG
Why wasn't Prohaska (Auburn goalkeeper) given a red card when she took out our player in the box and committed the foul where we were awarded a penalty kick? Shouldn't that be an automatic red card? She didn't make a play on the ball, only took out our player. Seems like Auburn should have been playing with only 10 players from the 24th minute.
BQ_90
AG
I'm not sure she even got a yellow
GigEm200$
great win....not a coincidence that 2 sophomores and a redshirt freshman got extended playing time and the team played better
Diego
AG
BQ_90 said:

She didn't get a card, but had one heckuva tennis ball-sized knot on her forehead and evidently a concussion because she was vomiting on the field and couldn't stand up about 5 minutes after that collision.
aggiedrjdub
AG
GigEm200$ said:

great win....not a coincidence that 2 sophomores and a redshirt freshman got extended playing time and the team played better

ding ding ding
ColoradoMooseHerd
Was only watching the highlights of the game, did the Auburn Keeper get hurt on the foul play in the box and did she have to leave several minutes later because of the injury on that play? Or why did she leave game?

I
BQ_90
AG
Diego said:

BQ_90 said:

She didn't get a card, but had one heckuva knot on her forehead and evidently a concussion because she was vomiting on the field and couldn't stand up about 5 minutes after that collision.
my point was that was far worse foul than the one our player got to get her second yellow

I was shocked she wasn't taken out of the game in the first place. I guess with all the concussion protocols they have in football, they'd have some of that for soccer.

I guess it all worked out in our favor, if she wouldn't have left the game maybe she saves some of the goals we got, who knows.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.