******BTHO Auburn******

6,088 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Peace2u
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
see diego's post
ColoradoMooseHerd
BQ_90 said:

see diego's post
He must have posted that as I was reading the thread, thanks for pointing that out.
ColoradoMooseHerd
BQ_90 said:

Diego said:

BQ_90 said:

I'm not sure she even got a yellow
She didn't get a card, but had one heckuva knot on her forehead and evidently a concussion because she was vomiting on the field and couldn't stand up about 5 minutes after that collision.
my point was that was far worse foul than the one our player got to get her second yellow

I was shocked she wasn't taken out of the game in the first place. I guess with all the concussion protocols they have in football, they'd have some of that for soccer.

I guess it all worked out in our favor, if she wouldn't have left the game maybe she saves some of the goals we got, who knows.
Very shocked at the slow reactions from the 2nd keeper. New Goalkeeper definitely part in at least two of the goals. Very slow reactions for a college keeper.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Refusing to play Bella James early in the season then leaving her in with a yellow in a 3-0 he is Classic G

This should be the standard level of play

Feel like we did this exact same thing last year after one of his media temper tantrums then regressed

Hopefully not as well play little sister next
ol' army '65
AG
BQ_90 said:

Diego said:

BQ_90 said:

She didn't get a card, but had one heckuva knot on her forehead and evidently a concussion because she was vomiting on the field and couldn't stand up about 5 minutes after that collision.
my point was that was far worse foul than the one our player got to get her second yellow

I was shocked she wasn't taken out of the game in the first place. I guess with all the concussion protocols they have in football, they'd have some of that for soccer.

I guess it all worked out in our favor, if she wouldn't have left the game maybe she saves some of the goals we got, who knows.

Prohaska should have been ejected immediately for the aggressive and reckless foul in the box. She never touched the ball. Only touch was header by Taylor Pounds. Not sure that foul would have been called by the Referee, except for the long delay. Not much difference than targeting a defenseless player in football.
Rambotx
Aggies seemed more focused last night. Still wish they could pickup their foot speed during play. Still a great Win to knock off the number 5 ranked Auburn to improve the team's RPI.
fitzwatema
AG
ol' army '65 said:

BQ_90 said:

Diego said:

BQ_90 said:

Prohaska should have been ejected immediately for the aggressive and reckless foul in the box. She never touched the ball. Only touch was header by Taylor Pounds. Not sure that foul would have been called by the Referee, except for the long delay. Not much difference than targeting a defenseless player in football.

In that picture it looks like the Auburn goalie punched Pounds.
jt2hunt
AG
CDub06 said:

I need y'all to know that I had a conflict tonight and only got to watch a few minutes near the end of the game.

I turned it on. Auburn goal. Watched a few more minutes.
Turned it off. Aggie goal #4.

I'm the problem. It's me.
We have a solution!
mullokmotx
AG
I would like to see our forwards move toward the goal more when Becerra has the ball because she has a knack for finding the open player. I thought Ivey and James were difference makers at midfield. The forwards seemed to have more energy in the second half. When we got up 3-0 I thought the coaches should start substituting more with a game coming up on Sunday but then the red card happened. Calzada had a wrap on her left knee and every time she makes a tackle I get worried.
Peace2u
I watched the game this morning and was surprised by how well the defense played. I really thought our "kickball" DNA was too strong to play possession, but the girls showed that they can play soccer.

Our team's success or failure will probably be determined by how they play. They completely controlled the game by simply keeping possession and great defending against a good Auburn team. They got the midfield involved by passing it to them and the build up to the forwards was way more consistent.

I will also agree with another post that said this type of soccer is so much nicer to watch.

I know t.u. has firepower (although I'm hearing one may be injured) it's probably a good idea to play possession again against them to limit their opportunities.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.