So who will be the new USMNT Manager?

28,150 Views | 468 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Rudyjax
ColoradoMooseHerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So who will be the new USMNT Manager
ColoradoMooseHerd
Who do you want to see?
MB19
AG
The USSF will find a way to screw it up.
GrapevineAg
AG
"Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss"
aggiebird02
I think we should keep Gregg…
BJM1781
AG
USSF is a steaming pile of excrement, so we will be keeping GGG's sorry ass.
akm91
AG
Going to be an interesting few weeks, that's for sure.
PatAg
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

in jail
TRM
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

TRM
AG
Tab Ramos
Dolo
Blanking on the 3rd guy I was thinking of earlier today.
aggiebird02
I like Gregg, I think he's cool. Same reason I'm voting for Trump…
oh no
AG
Claudio Reyna
AgGrad99
AG
Would people be upset if they just let B.J. Callaghan take the reigns the next couple of years?

I could see that being a direction USSF goes.
jeffk
AG
They could definitely do that, but I think it's a cop-out. He's a Berhalter guy. If you're wanting to move in a new direction, you need a clean break.
wangus12
AG
Everyone was pleasantly surprised at how his teams looked tactically when he was running things last year. 1st team looked good in the Nation's League. Downside it the B team really seemed to struggle offensively in the Gold Cup and we drew several matches
AgGrad99
AG
He wouldnt be my choice, but I wouldnt be surprised to see the USSF pick him, to get through 2026.
akm91
AG
Ancellotti is in Montana. Don't let him leave without signing up to be the next USMNT coach?
Rudyjax
AG
We need a European. No one from the MLS.

Pioli is my choice.
oh no
AG
What's Zinedine Zidane up to these days?
Furlock Bones
AG
Don't worry we have the sporting director of Southampton running things.
akm91
AG
oh no said:

What's Zinedine Zidane up to these days?
He's waiting for Deschamp to flame out of Euro 2024
oh no
AG
lol

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Time to clean house. I will be just as upset if they hire BJ as I would be if they keep ggg.

Whoever they get, don't let them wear a damn tshirt on international television.
jeffk
AG
oh no said:

lol

I love Klopp too much to wish this job on him
Dre_00
If not Klopp then go with his American protege...

...David Wagner.
oh no
AG
Is Michael Bradley managing a club somewhere? Coaching the usmnt is in his blood.
jeffk
AG
Still an assistant for his pops over in Norway
oh no
AG
damn. why hasn't bob retired yet?

wait actually, if i was given a residency/work visa to live in Norway for a while, I'd be ALL IN
jeffk
AG
yeah, I think this is basically Bob's retirement plan
AG@RICE
AG
They screwed the pooch when they didn't give the job to Marsch. The US isn't going to attract a top level international manager in their prime. We had an opportunity to turn the reigns over to the best coach we've ever produced and the powers that be intentionally snubbed him. Now we are left scrambling to replace a coach that has demonstrated on numerous occasions that he isn't up to par.

USSF is full of trash. Nepotism, greed and stupidity. Need to clean out the entire organization, not just Greg.
oh no
AG
i forget the timing... was Jesse still coaching at Leeds or had he recently been fired for the second time in a year when the US job was open?

If he takes Canada to new levels, and momma comes calling, can we nab him later? It will have to be in 2026 for the next (2030) cycle I presume.
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

i forget the timing... was Jesse still coaching at Leeds or had he recently been fired for the second time in a year when the US job was open?

If he takes Canada to new levels, and momma comes calling, can we nab him later? It will have to be in 2026 for the next (2030) cycle I presume.
Fired in February.
Ggg rehired in June.

jeffk
AG
I think a lot of folks are looking at Marsch through some RWB-colored glasses. He's American, but an entirely unproven commodity as an international manager. Also, other than that stint at Salzburg, he's been pretty disappointing. Would he be an upgrade over GB? Maybe, but he's far from some sure-fire fix.

If he does well with Canada, I think he'd like to come home at some point down the road. Right now, I think he'd bitter about being passed over and would tell us to pound sand.
oh no
AG
Canada is an interesting job. They have a smaller population than us by about a hundred million people, but the popularity of soccer has risen to #2 there and is the offseason sport for their #1 so many of their most athletic youths play both throughout their youth. Moreso than that, the government's goal was to double their population over the course of a couple of decades but they're on pace to achieve that goal in half the time. Millions of immigrants from Africa not only has their overall athletic profile changing, but also their propensity towards soccer shifting as well.
oh no
AG
Rudyjax said:

oh no said:

Fired in February.
Ggg rehired in June.

so when USSF was looking for a coach, Jesse had just been fired for Leeds quickly after being fired from Leipzig. I can understand the hesitation there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.