*****COPA America 2024*****

46,871 Views | 850 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tysker
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starts with the many fanatics who decided they'd try to go to a match they didn't have tickets for. Absolute trash that facilities need to plan for "a rush of unticketed fans."

At any rate, getting into World Cup matches in two summers is going to suck even more than it probably already was going to.
Robert C. Christian
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Starts with the many fanatics who decided they'd try to go to a match they didn't have tickets for. Absolute trash that facilities need to plan for "a rush of unticketed fans."

At any rate, getting into World Cup matches in two summers is going to suck even more than it probably already was going to.
I wasn't able to make it for the Brazil/Mexico match at Kyle Field but, from my understanding, there was the ticketed secured zone around the entire stadium and then you had to show tickets again to enter the actual stadium.

Looking at Miami, it seemed like there was stadium gates? I wonder how much the Kyle Field setup would have alleviated the issues?
nai06
AG
No idea. They had a similar set up at Wembley and they still had people crash the secured area and into the turnstiles
monarch
S
Have armed National Guardsmen patrolling the property and I'm betting there won't be trouble.
Peace for Ukraine!
oragator
Good lord.

deadbq03
AG
This whole "not ready for the WC" is such crap. This was CONMEBOL being cheap.

FIFA has explicit and strict standards for World Cups.

They require an outer perimeter with ticket check prior to entering the grounds that lead to the venue's normal entry. So tickets get checked twice.

https://publications.fifa.com/fr/football-stadiums-guidelines/technical-guideline/stadium-guidelines/precinct-and-perimeter/
tysker
AG
deadbq03 said:

They require an outer perimeter with ticket check prior to entering the grounds that lead to the venue's normal entry. So tickets get checked twice.
This was the setup at Kyle for the Mexico/Brazil match.
There was a checkpoint well away from the Entry Gates. As we approached Kyle from the Wellborn underpass, which we've done for years, my whole family was briefly confused about where to go.
jeffk
AG
Pretty blistering takedown of CONMEBOL here. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13636173/amp/Copa-America-dangerous-FIFA-World-Cup-CONMEBOL.html
TXCityAggie
AG
Anyone with a brain could have seen this coming Sunday. The Colombian crowds at their previous matches in the tournament were massive....a sea of yellow everywhere. There are about 300,000 Colombians living in the Miami area. On top of all that, this was their first time in a major championship in decades. There is no excuse for the lack of security and for allowing anyone to get that close to the entrances without a ticket.
OregonAggie
AG
TXCityAggie said:

Anyone with a brain could have seen this coming Sunday. The Colombian crowds at their previous matches in the tournament were massive....a sea of yellow everywhere. There are about 300,000 Colombians living in the Miami area. On top of all that, this was their first time in a major championship in decades. There is no excuse for the lack of security and for allowing anyone to get that close to the entrances without a ticket.

Reminded me of Attack On Wembley on Netflix. Awesome documentary if you guys haven't seen it!

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/81665042?s=i&trkid=255824129&vlang=en&clip=81731633
tysker
AG
TXCityAggie said:

Not to mention Shakira performing at halftime

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.