******BTHO South Carolina******

6,666 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
AggieCrew44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People won't believe it but like this team is legit solid. But holy **** it's the unluckiest team I've ever seen

Pretty sure in the Arky and USC games they hit the bar like 6 teams. ****ing incredible
83AgCiti
AG
Awful- "first place in the SEC West" is a total mirage
AggieCrew44
AG
83AgCiti said:

They arent awful. Like at all
MookieBlaylock
AG
That was an unfair loss

Amazing how crisp and clean the passing was and how many opportunities created when he finally put
Hayes, pante, smith ,Becccerra and Boeckmam on the pitch together

Only took all damn year
83AgCiti
AG
Record speaks for itself. Definitely better effort tonight but still not really acceptable given expectations for this year.
AggieCrew44
AG
83AgCiti said:

Record speaks for itself. Definitely better effort tonight but still not really acceptable given expectations for this year.
Not really. They've outplayed every conference opponent they've played except Vandy

They are just snakebitten in front of goal

And we can say "this is who we are" but damn hitting the bar multiple times isn't a trait
dtk9119
83AgCiti said:

I didn't understand why G kept touting this.. Arky's games left are against the West. They picked up a point vs LSU tonight and will likely get at least 3 points in their last 2 which wins them the West.
Gap
AG
We are like #50.

That isnt awful. But it's also not good enough to make the NCAA tournament.

We can pretty much predict what is going to play out in front of us with the same players, and their same weaknesses.

Sucks, but it is what it is.
MookieBlaylock
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

83AgCiti said:

Not really. They've outplayed every conference opponent they've played except Vandy

And we can say "this is who we are" but damn hitting the bar multiple times isn't a trait

Yep been saying all year they need to sacrifice a bucket of chicken or something to get rid of the bad juju

I would switch out the goals
83AgCiti
AG
Sorry but I don't buy into snake bitten . They're playing much better than earlier in the year but I've just grown tired of the narrative from G. The program is not where it should be given resources and the time at the helm. Whether it's mental or physical, it comes down to coaching. Unfortunately it seems to be a theme with both of our football teams.
AggieCrew44
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

AggieCrew44 said:

83AgCiti said:

Yep been saying all year they need to sacrifice a bucket of chicken or something to get rid of the bad juju

I would switch out the goals
I would too

Or play at 7am instead, switch benches, something haha
AggieCrew44
AG
Gap said:

We are like #50.

That isnt awful. But it's also not good enough to make the NCAA tournament.

We can pretty much predict what is going to play out in front of us with the same players, and their same weaknesses.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

You have to take 6 points from the last 2 matches to get in
WVAg18
Girls played well but unlucky. Need to sage the field or something lol. Great shots but their goalie was strong. IMO, horrible coaching by G. The group that finished this game needs to be playing together for more than the last 10 minutes…
83AgCiti
AG
I agree 109% - that's what irritates me is he touts this like we're too stupid to see the real results and where we REALLY stand? We're on the verge of not making the NCAA tourney and he acts like we're a match from winning the SEC.
AggieCrew44
AG
83AgCiti said:

Sorry but I don't buy into snake bitten . They're playing much better than earlier in the year but I've just grown tired of the narrative from G. The program is not where it should be given resources and the time at the helm. Whether it's mental or physical, it comes down to coaching. Unfortunately it seems to be a theme with both of our football teams.
Im sure G tells them to hit the bar multiple times a game lmao

I get what you're saying but at some point the players have to make plays
83AgCiti
AG
I hear you - I'm just think we're overdue for a change. At some point losses aren't just unlucky.
MookieBlaylock
AG
83AgCiti said:

I hear you - I'm just think we're overdue for a change. At some point losses aren't just unlucky.

The change was overdue 15 years ago- but we get what we get so don't throw a fit
BQ_90
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

83AgCiti said:

The change was overdue 15 years ago- but we get what we get so don't throw a fit

Difference then we were under achieving in post season. Now we are fighting making the tourney. The interest in the program is rock bottom. And we have fans saying it's just bad luck
83AgCiti
AG
Exactly!
AggieCrew44
AG
BQ_90 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

83AgCiti said:

Difference then we were under achieving in post season. Now we are fighting making the tourney. The interest in the program is rock bottom. And we have fans saying it's just bad luck
Im talking about two games that yes they did have bad luck. Arky and South Carolina are two of the better teams in the conference. They dominated both yet got zero points from the games. It happens. It sucks

And y'all are absolutely insane if you think he should've been fired 15 years ago. Like wow that's one of the dumbest things I've read on the soccer board
MookieBlaylock
AG
Really? He has underachieved forever and now that talent is level his lack of coaching shines bright like a diamond

AggieCrew44
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Really? He has underachieved forever and now that talent is level his lack of coaching shines bright like a diamond

He hasn't underachieved forever. Like not even close

Underachieved last 5 seasons. Absolutely

Forever? You're crazy. 15 years ago he was coming off 4 conference title in 5 years and 2 elite eights at a program he literally started
BQ_90
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

BQ_90 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

83AgCiti said:

Im talking about two games that yes they did have bad luck. Arky and South Carolina are two of the better teams in the conference. They dominated both yet got zero points from the games. It happens. It sucks

And y'all are absolutely insane if you think he should've been fired 15 years ago. Like wow that's one of the dumbest things I've read on the soccer board

Except it's not one or two games, it's been a slow trend. Again explain why recruiting has declined,attendance has decline, the program has declined?
MookieBlaylock
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Forever? You're crazy. 15 years ago he was coming off 4 conference title in 5 years and 2 elite eights at a program he literally started

Yep right when he peaked and couldn't win it all
Been downhill since
AggieCrew44
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

AggieCrew44 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Yep right when he peaked and couldn't win it all
Been downhill since
He made the final four 6 years later

I'm not claiming he hasn't underachieved lately. He has. But 15 years ago is WILD
MookieBlaylock
AG
I used to stand on the sidelines the first season and new then he wasn't much of a coach
AggieCrew44
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

I used to stand on the sidelines the first season and new then he wasn't much of a coach
Im sure you did. I don't think he's some soccer guru either.

Doesn't mean he underachieved
83AgCiti
AG
I never said 15 yrs ago. He has done huge things for our program, but the time has come for him to step down. I honestly thought last year should end been his last. I'd love to see him gracefully step down - I genuinely like him, but I just think it's time for a change.
mullokmotx
AG
We have been shut out 4 of our last 6 games. I know USC is known for their good defense but tonight was ridiculous.
mullokag
MookieBlaylock
AG
But like I said, we get what we get a couple more years and just hope our juniors stay or it's gonna be real ugly
AggieCrew44
AG
83AgCiti said:

I never said 15 yrs ago. He has done huge things for our program, but the time has come for him to step down. I honestly thought last year should end been his last. I'd love to see him gracefully step down - I genuinely like him, but I just think it's time for a change.
I don't disagree. Someone else said 15 which is insane
AggieCrew44
AG
mullokmotx said:

We have been shut out 4 of our last 6 games. I know USC is known for their good defense but tonight was ridiculous.
They scored a goal with the back of their shoulder

We hit the crossbar twice. Soccer is a cruel sport sometimes
HiddenAg2
It was a frustrating night to close out the A&M home soccer season. Once again, A&M had the run of play and better chances on goal, dominating possession in the South Carolina defensive third for long stretches of the match. Unfortunately we just could not find the back of the net after hitting the crossbar twice, missing multiple shots within 18 yards of goal, a ball cleared off the goal line, and the Gamecocks GK Hinz making 3-4 spectacular diving saves, including the save of the year on a late header by Maile Hayes that probably scores about 98% of the time. We outshot SC 25-9, including a 16-4 edge in the second half. This team just seems to have very bad luck and it's been a constant all season long. And of course SC's goal comes off a fluke goal late in the first half off a corner, where the ball dribbled down off the back of a SC player and past Caldwell. The very unjust 1-0 loss has put this team on the brink with only 2 road matches left.

Outside of the disastrous Vandy game, this team has been capable all season and should have won several matches that we lost or tied. I don't understand why it's taken so long for the coaches to settle on a consistent lineup. It's been disruptive and difficult to develop chemistry on the field. At the end of tonight's game, the group of Hayes, Pante, Boeckmann, and Becerra found a rhythm and found multiple creases, crosses, and shots that should have produced a goal. I'm not sure what's going on with Hayes, but it's near negligence to have her standing on the sideline for 30 minutes to start the second half. Unless she's nursing an injury, it's unacceptable to have one of your best options out for long stretches of the match. She made an immediate impact on the rest of the group when she finally entered the game. Mia had a great game, making multiple runs and out-efforting her defenders all night. And Becerra is finally emerging as a sophomore and showing the talent that made her such an elite prospect. She is seeing the field well and anticipates passes much faster now, making several more perfect touch passes forward to set up scoring chances. It's great to see as she will be the anchor of the midfield going forward.

The backline was solid as Armenta and Calzada took turns denying chances on the edge by SC forwards, and Caldwell made a couple of key saves to keep us in the game. And the Matulas were very good all night as well. This group deserved the shutout for sure.

So, A&M's RPI is 52 and Tennessee (21) and LSU (40) are opportunities for Top 40 road wins or ties. At this point I think we will need to at least win one match and tie one match to have any chance at an at large bid. And we will need to win at least one game in the SEC tourney as well. Unfortunately, I think we are probably the underdog in both matches and 2 losses would result in our second losing season in three years, something that was once unthinkable at A&M. The good news is that we are playing our best soccer of the season right now and I think we've found the right combination as outlined above to create the most possible chances on goal. I don't know where Coach G stands with Bjork right now, but you have to think this next week will be one of the most important in the Coach G era.
Gap
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

mullokmotx said:

They scored a goal with the back of their shoulder

We hit the crossbar twice. Soccer is a cruel sport sometimes
Shutout in 3 of last 4 games.
Shutout in 4 of last 6 games.

When is it cruel and when is it the norm? When is it both?

Coach G quote after tonight's game:
"Our attack was pretty toothless tonight in a lot of ways"
Gap
AG
We have 9 total goals in 8 SEC conference games. 7 of those goals came against Ole Miss and Alabama. We have 2 total goals in the other 6 games.

Our leading goal scorer in conference play has a total of 1 goal. We have no one that has scored more than once thru 8 conference games.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.