Arsenal 2023-2024 Thread

165,309 Views | 3659 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by PJYoung
agdoc2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chjoak said:

If they are gonna come with an offer of 40m, I think you ask for 50-60m and ultimately take whatever the "final" offer ends up.
We've probably already told them we'll take 35
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
about 30 min ago I saw a Saudi source claiming that their "negotiating team" is in London talking with both Arsenal & Partey to see if they can work something out asap.
chjoak
AG
chjoak
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
Looks like West Ham got what they want and Man City are now involved. If he ends up there Arsenal deserve every criticism they will get.
wangus12
AG
Starting to feel like the Mudryk deal
gougler08
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Looks like West Ham got what they want and Man City are now involved. If he ends up there Arsenal deserve every criticism they will get.
City offer reported at 75 + 15 in add-ons, isn't that what we already offered?
Ag Since 83
AG
Probably more achievable add ons from West Hams perspective. Or more money up front. A bonus for winning the league is basically guaranteed

Arsenal had a free run at this deal for a month, so to lose it to the team you are trying to catch, not over the amount of money but the structure, would be terrible
chjoak
AG
Supposedly they are offering add-ons that are perceived as more achievable and 2 installments on the 75 vs 3.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Us chasing City feels a lot like A&M chasing Bama. Who can dethrone the top dog when they can handpicked whomever they want AND elite players choose them because it seems like guaranteed trophies? Frustrating, especially when City have apparently already bent the rules to get to where they are, with no consequences.
chjoak
AG
One or more of the Saudi teams are said to be preparing a 40m offer. Now Juventus shows up wanting to pay 18-20m...

I'd be open to a swap deal but not sure who I would want. No way I take less than what Saudi is offering unless I 100% know that I have Rice or Caicedo wrapped up. And I may not sell him at all until I know I have Rice or Caicedo in the bag.

Hell, maybe we should be talking to Tonali. Supposedly he is very close to a deal with Newcastle for a 70m fee. We were linked with him before signing Partey.
rebag00
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Probably more achievable add ons from West Hams perspective. Or more money up front. A bonus for winning the league is basically guaranteed

Arsenal had a free run at this deal for a month, so to lose it to the team you are trying to catch, not over the amount of money but the structure, would be terrible
But would be very, very on brand. Disappointing.
agdoc2001
AG
Don't worry, boys, we have a Rice backup plan. LOL.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
We can just switch to a 3-1-4-2 lineup with OZ at DM. May give up a few more goals but we (in theory) would outscore everyone.
chjoak
AG
Discussion on an Arsenal board that makes a stupid amount of sense... rumor of City's interest in Rice was wrapped around needing a replacement for Gundo. They already got their replacement in Kovacic. What if Pep doesn't want Rice at all and City is simply driving up the price so we don't have the cash to fill all of our holes? Rice as a Gundo replacement doesn't make any since at all, it doesn't look like Rodri is moving (Rice's natural position) and Pep has a backup to Rodri in Phillips.
chjoak
AG
Basketball and Chain
AG
chjoak said:

Discussion on an Arsenal board that makes a stupid amount of sense... rumor of City's interest in Rice was wrapped around needing a replacement for Gundo. They already got their replacement in Kovacic. What if Pep doesn't want Rice at all and City is simply driving up the price so we don't have the cash to fill all of our holes? Rice as a Gundo replacement doesn't make any since at all, it doesn't look like Rodri is moving (Rice's natural position) and Pep has a backup to Rodri in Phillips.

City has been running a 3-2-4-1 so having Rodri and Rice would actually be ideal.
chjoak
AG
Actually they have been running a 4-3-3 just like us. Except they have been running 4 CBs at the back and and one of the FBs (Ake or Stone) inverts into the MF. Just like OZ. Now Pep may want to shift to a 3-2-4-1 permanently but that is not what they are currently doing.
TXAggie2011
AG
Reports are all over the place on this, even from the more reputable folks.

That Arsenal will make another bid has been consistent, so that's good.
chjoak
AG
The pic I posted above is supposedly from West Ham's version of Orny.
chjoak
AG
This Manchester publication claims that City interest in Rice isn't as high as some are saying and that City may be more inclined to spend in defense rather than MF.
chjoak
AG
gougler08
AG
That's insanity
chjoak
AG
Saudi's trying to build their league up and they have stupid money to throw around. If it keeps some of their money out of the EPL (ie Saudi owned teams) then I have no issue with them overpaying for old talent.
Strangely Attractive
AG
So how about 100M transfer fee?
Strangely Attractive
AG
That's my hunch as well. I think they view us as their biggest threat and so they throw a monkey wrench in anything we try to do. Still think we get Rice.
chjoak
AG
WH version of Orny again...

PJYoung
AG
agdoc2001
AG
Here comes that 3rd bid lads!

chjoak
AG
If they reject a 3rd I would atleast start to re-engage with Caicedo. Wouldn't necessarily back off of Rice but would start to looking at other options before they are gone.
Ag Since 83
AG
Based on all the tweets of the last couple days I'm picturing Edu and Arteta around Edu's BBQ, ready to make the third bid, having Stan's approval to make the third bid, and just staring at their watches trying to figure out the right time for the third bid
chjoak
AG
This entire process really confuses me. I don't get why you can't hash out a deal in a 30 min phone call and then just submit 1 official bid.
Teacher_Ag
AG
These guys would have Declan by now

Teacher_Ag
AG
Billy Beane : That lineup card is definitely yours. I'm just saying you can't start Eddie in August

Arteta : Well, I am starting him in August.

Billy Beane : I don't think so. He plays for Schalke now.
Ag Since 83
AG
"Granit, we need you to play more forward next season, as an 8"

"I don't know, Edu, I've only ever played as a 6"

"It's not that hard Granit. Tell him, Mikel"

"It's incredibly hard"
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.