******BTHO Auburn******

6,294 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Aggies look to continue their climb toward SEC Tournament qualification with a home match against Auburn on Friday at 7PM.

The Auburn Tigers are currently 6-3-5 with a 2-3-1 mark in SEC play. Early in the season, Auburn scored a notable 1-1 tie with the, then top ranked, Florida State squad. In conference play, they've tied Vanderbilt 1-1 and won at Kentucky 3-1 and against Mississippi State 1-0. SEC losses have all been 0-1 and came against a mixed bag of opponents: Missouri, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.

Auburn has been all over the place with their results, but their defense has been pretty dependable thus far. The Tigers have outscored opponents 22-8. Auburn has yet to give up more than 1 goal in a game. That's going to make things tough for A&M who has struggled mightily with netting goals.

The bright side is that Auburn's results away from home have been starkly different to their 5-1-2 home record. Auburn is 1-2-3 on the road. That lone road win was against Kentucky last weekend.

The Aggies lead this series 8-4, but dropped last year's match by a final score of 0-3. Ouch.

This game is televised on SEC+ and the live audio will be available, as always, on the 12thMan website and app.
Anchorhold
SCORE EARLY
BQ_90
AG
Anchorhold said:

SCORE EARLY
and often, esp since we seem to give up penalty kick in every game
aggiedrjdub
AG
BQ_90 said:

Anchorhold said:

SCORE EARLY
and often, esp since we seem to give up penalty kick in every game
This is painfully true.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
taylorswift13
AG
Any Aggies not willing to use 2 of their tickets can leave them in good hands with me! Promise I'll scream as loud and make sure the refs go home with nightmares if they're not giving us calls
MookieBlaylock
AG
Man I remember when tickets weren't required and you could stand on the pitch
jeffk
AG
Yep, you had to pay attention when you were sitting in the grass on the touch line.
Rambotx
Very important match for the Aggies!
CDub06
AG
DM me at CDub06 on IG or Twitter
taylorswift13
AG
Just did!
taylorswift13
AG
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit has the following preview:

"The Aggies are high in the RPI but currently outside the playoff places in the SEC, making points here a priority. Auburn have righted the ship a bit with two wins in a row, reigniting postseason hopes."
mullokmotx
AG
Looks like Calzada is back in the lineup.
CDub06
AG
Great news
Mir San Mir
AG
Lots of possession and controlling the run of play. Unfortunately, not creating scoring opportunities.
Gap
AG
We are getting sloppy in possession and Auburn has had a few decent chances in the last few minutes.

That was a 50/50 call that went our way in the box that could have been a penalty kick on goal. Whew.
Gap
AG
Goal Auburn.
taylorswift13
AG
Gap said:

Goal Auburn.
2 tigers were offsides
Anchorhold
DAMMIT
Mir San Mir
AG
Blown no call by the AR!
Sports-Ag
AG
Clear offsides
blake2003
AG
Scoring two goals against Auburn is going to be damn near impossible given our inability to pass forward.
CDub06
AG
No one has scored 2 against auburn. I doubt this is the team to do it.
blake2003
AG
We don't even seem interested in trying to score. Maybe we can squeak out a draw on a hope/prayer ball forward?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Just baffled at the strategy

Not surprised
Gap
AG
A buddy right in line with Auburn's goal said it wasn't offside. I said it looked bad from where I was sitting. He said the Auburn player ran by Leb as the ball was in the air.
CDub06
AG
They showed the replay multiple times on the broadcast. At least two players were offside
Gap
AG
Does the girl in the middle who was offsides matter if she wasn't involved in the play? I don't claim to know the answer to this.

My friend said the girl who scored wasn't offsides. She ran by Leb after the ball was in the air.

And yes I saw the replay on the scoreboard here at the stadium. It shows the Auburn players behind us but it didn't show the play all the way back to the pass from a telling angle.
Giggem
AG
blake2003 said:

Scoring two goals against Auburn is going to be damn near impossible given our inability to pass forward.
This
Gap
AG
We need to bring a lot more aggressive energy in the 2H. We were very passive in 1H.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Broke Dave Ramsey is annoying as hell

Gap
AG
Hayes!!!

And we are tied 1-1
taylorswift13
AG
WHAT CONTROL WHAT A SHOT
blake2003
AG
WE DID IT!!!!!!!!
CDub06
AG
Game is even again! What poise from Maile
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.