Houston Dynamo 2022 Season Thread

15,398 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KCup17
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well that sucked
7nine
Aggies1322
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Well that sucked

Yeah, that was atrocious.
KCup17
AG
Philly was playing chess while we were playing tic-tac-toe.

Only upside was watching some potential future USMNT players in McGlynn and Aaronson. Both have extremely high ceilings. Sullivan too.
Rudyjax
AG
KCup17 said:

Philly was playing chess while we were playing tic-tac-toe.

Only upside was watching some potential future USMNT players in McGlynn and Aaronson. Both have extremely high ceilings. Sullivan too.
Whatever Philly is doing with their "acadmeny", they need to spread the love. Dallas too. There's one other but can't remember the team.
KCup17
AG
I want to say the Red Bulls but I'm not confident on that. I know thats where Brenden Aaronson, Tyler Adams, and Caden Clark have all come out of their program.
jay07ag
AG
There's no excuse for Houston not being able to produce homegrown talent. There is plenty of talent around here, and this is one of the youth sport hotspots in the whole country. They have to start doing better.
oh no
AG
Dynamo academy has aligned itself with dynamo dash youth club (formerly Texas Rush in The Woodlands, expanded to new locations and absorbed some other clubs) to find the majority of their players. Problem is DDY sucks at developing players and the best soccer players in the Houston area aren't playing there and they aren't paying over 3k/yr to play club soccer. Dynamo's academy isn't going to be that successful taking MLS Next players from DDY's MLS Next team to play on their MLS Plus academy team when Austin FC, FC Dallas, Colorado Rapids, Sporting KC - all the other MLS academies in their competition region - and others like Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia, etc. are scouting and recruiting players around the country and relocating their families because their son is on a pro-track. On top of that, DDY's MLS Next players aren't necessarily their best players because players in Katy or Pearland aren't driving up to The Woodlands for training every night and other players in the Houston area as good or better than DDY's MLS Next players don't want to drive down to HSP on 288 for training at Dynamo Academy either, especially when they get better development at a club in Tomball or Katy or Klein or their Azteca league where soccer is free. Club soccer is broken and very fractured and disorganized in the Houston area. Dynamo will need to invest a lot in development and find a better way to scout talent for their academy. FC Dallas has moved entire families from Houston to Frisco so their son could be in their academy. And guess what- that dad and family already know instantly that this is a no-brainer to leave Dynamo academy for FC Dallas academy - the coaching and development is almost night and day different.
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

Dynamo academy has aligned itself with dynamo dash youth club (formerly Texas Rush in The Woodlands, expanded to new locations and absorbed some other clubs) to find the majority of their players. Problem is DDY sucks at developing players and the best soccer players in the Houston area aren't playing there and they aren't paying over 3k/yr to play club soccer. Dynamo's academy isn't going to be that successful taking MLS Next players from DDY's MLS Next team to play on their MLS Plus academy team when Austin FC, FC Dallas, Colorado Rapids, Sporting KC - all the other MLS academies in their competition region - and others like Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia, etc. are scouting and recruiting players around the country and relocating their families because their son is on a pro-track. On top of that, DDY's MLS Next players aren't necessarily their best players because players in Katy or Pearland aren't driving up to The Woodlands for training every night and other players in the Houston area as good or better than DDY's MLS Next players don't want to drive down to HSP on 288 for training at Dynamo Academy either, especially when they get better development at a club in Tomball or Katy or Klein or their Azteca league where soccer is free. Club soccer is broken and very fractured and disorganized in the Houston area. Dynamo will need to invest a lot in development and find a better way to scout talent for their academy. FC Dallas has moved entire families from Houston to Frisco so their son could be in their academy. And guess what- that dad and family already know instantly that this is a no-brainer to leave Dynamo academy for FC Dallas academy - the coaching and development is almost night and day different.
A friends kid was in the FC Dalllas DA then MLS next and now MLS Pro, and his family always had a kid living with them that was from out of the area. One from Houston, one from Corpus, and one from somewhere East Texas.
They didn't move the entire family, but found a host family/families.
oh no
AG
that works too.. Dynamo doesn't appear to do that.
carl spacklers hat
I think a big issue the Dynamo Academy has is that the pro team has tried to boot-strap it for a long time. I met with Matt Jordan multiple times regarding an affiliation with the Dynamo organization (club had DA, now MLS Next program) and the consistent message was that there would be very little support from Houston. It seemed like overall they just didn't value development at the youth level, and I think that reflects in their Academy system.

I don't need to preach about the expense of youth soccer, especially at the travel and elite levels. It's expensive! But, the clubs that do invest in their academies (Dallas, Philly, NYRB, Seattle, etc.) see the long-term benefits via player development to the point they can be sold, exposure from success in big tournaments/season championships, and the added interest in the first team from kids playing in their academy systems. Maybe new ownership will revisit the Academy program and try to get things going in a positive direction regarding player development. I'm out of youth soccer at this point so I don't know what the environment at the Dynamo Academy is like now.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
jeffk
AG
My interactions with the Dynamo DA (and larger youth club) were less than impressive during my time coaching in Houston (2007-2018). Had several amazing players who matriculated into their top flight squads only to soon leave because of poor experiences with their coaches and the organization.
jeffk
AG
Speaking of the Dynamo DA, funny story: when I was coaching, one of our district rivals had a player who was just incredible. Best player in the general area any of us had coached against in a good long while (and a few of them had coached against Dempsey's Nacogdoches teams). Anyway, I was just astounded that this kid was still playing public school HS ball and asked one of my players about him and why he wasn't playing club ball. My player laughed and later texted me a link to the Dynamo DA u-17 page where, sure enough, that player was prominently featured picture and all, but with a different last name than he used in HS. (His family name was hyphenated and he used one name for HS and the other for the Dynamo). As far as I know, no one ever ratted him out, but I think the club caught on because he was our districts leading scorer and his team made a deep playoff run and he got a good bit of coverage in the Chronicle.
carl spacklers hat
Had to read your post twice. Wow! That's hilarious and screwed up at the same time.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
jeffk
AG
Ha, yeah it was wild.

And to clarify, he wasn't breaking any district or UIL rules, but the DA prohibited kids from playing HS ball (at least at that time anyway).
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

that works too.. Dynamo doesn't appear to do that.

Pretty sure that's who they got Pepi from El Paso.
oh no
AG
My kid was in DA- the whole "not allowed to play soccer anywhere else in any other format" thing was stupid. Now, MLS next players can also play at school, on ODP teams, etc.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, they made that change after I went back to grad school. Long overdue, imo. It was always a shame that we'd have outstanding player roaming the HS halls who couldn't play for their school and communities. We'd get a couple back for their senior year every once in a while after they got burned out by the DA scene or realized they weren't going to go pro and wanted to play with friends.
carl spacklers hat
jeffk said:

Ha, yeah it was wild.

And to clarify, he wasn't breaking any district or UIL rules, but the DA prohibited kids from playing HS ball (at least at that time anyway).
Oh, I know! Its just funny because I've been around similar situations.
Out in Left Field
AG
Lol
djmeen95
AG
somalia
whats the dynamo record since HH came on board Ill hang up and listen?

Also, he gave us one bump in attendance for one game back to its same crappy level glad the FO addressed the real issues with the team.
Texaggie7nine
New sock?
7nine
Dre_00
Did his last account already get banned/suspended after 10 posts? Lol.
djmeen95
AG
A bit of news on ownership…

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/houston-dynamo-dash-ted-segal-ownership-stake-increase-mls-nwsl/?blocktaxonomy=news

Quote:

Segal has completed the buyouts of Gabriel Brener, Oscar De La Hoya and Ben Guill to increase his share in the franchise, which includes National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) team the Houston Dash.

John Vorster
So how is the HH trade working out? 1 iwn? Attendance figures?
carl spacklers hat
Wow. The socks are out in force this morning.
Dre_00
John Vorster said:

So how is the HH trade working out? 1 iwn? Attendance figures?

Guess who's back...back again.

I just want to know how many times one person can get banned and still come back. Or do you just, create all of these accounts ahead of time knowing that you'll need at least 3 or 4 dozen up front? Do you get a special deal if you buy them in bulk?
jeffk
AG
Great Value brand multipack ass socks
AG@RICE
AG
So HH didn't travel with the team for this game and has apparently been training away from the team...that doesn't sound good.

Dynamo currently up at the half though....
Aggies1322
AG
AG@RICE said:

So HH didn't travel with the team for this game and has apparently been training away from the team...that doesn't sound good.

I read somewhere it was injury related?
AG@RICE
AG
Aggies1322 said:

AG@RICE said:

I read somewhere it was injury related?
That would make sense, but I just haven't seen any confirmation of that.

Dynamo gave up two quick goals in the second half. Minnesota is not really playing well at all either. The Dynamo have decent talent, but they just go through phases of poor organization and sloppiness. The mentality and focus of this team sucks. Blame goes to players and coaches.
Dre_00
They have to have given up double digit points from late game collapses this season. I can think of 9 off the top of my head.
gambochaman
Dre_00
MLS is wild
gambochaman
AG
The second goal was a GOLAZO

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.