Houston Dynamo 2022 Season Thread

15,364 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KCup17
John Vorster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oh look they won without HH ...sucks being right all the time!
Dre_00
Nagamura's gone. Regardless of what you think about his ability as a coach, that's a super bad look for the new owner. More or less admitting they got everything about their first big decision woefully wrong.
John Vorster
Dre_00 said:

Nagamura's gone. Regardless of what you think about his ability as a coach, that's a super bad look for the new owner. More or less admitting they got everything about their first big decision woefully wrong.
wrong per usual..This is a good sign by the owner that losing won't be tolerated its a good move.
Aggies1322
AG
Need to invest in the GK & CB positions in a bad way. Hadebe is a great athlete but the dude has issues. He should probably be moved on, wasting a DP spot. Clark isn't atrocious in goal, but he's also not necessarily a positive.
Idk3
AG
Any chance the Dynamo will hire even a mediocre coach this time? My one qualification for the coach is not be garbage.
KCup17
AG
The man is like father time. He moves so slow... I have no idea why he is out #1 GK.
Aggies1322
AG
KCup17 said:

The man is like father time. He moves so slow... I have no idea why he is out #1 GK.

The number of goals I've seen scored where he doesn't make an attempt at saving it, pisses me off.
KCup17
AG
Same... and even when he does make an attempt it is apparent that his legs arent what they used to be.
wessimo
AG
Planning to take the wife & kids to the game on Saturday. We haven't been to a game in years. Any tips for a good experience? What's the best place to park?
Dre_00
If you hire someone to do a job thinking he'd be good at it for years and then you fire him after 9 months because he completely sucks, then your hiring process and your talent identification is horrible. They got the hire wrong and the owner and Onstad should take responsibility for that.

Not a hard concept to grasp. And by the way...Onstad has already said pretty much exactly what I said. That they effed up.
John Vorster
Dre_00 said:

If you hire someone to do a job thinking he'd be good at it for years and then you fire him after 9 months because he completely sucks, then your hiring process and your talent identification is horrible. They got the hire wrong and the owner and Onstad should take responsibility for that.

Not a hard concept to grasp. And by the way...Onstad has already said pretty much exactly what I said. That they effed up.
thats not what you said...Bad original hire fine....Firing him now being a bad look it isn't try again bub
jeffk
AG
Why'd you choose your latest screen name?
Dre_00
Nah, I was just vague with my first post and you assumed you knew what my point was. But you didn't. Not sure you still do if I'm honest but whatever.
AG@RICE
AG
John Vorster said:

Dre_00 said:

thats not what you said...Bad original hire fine....Firing him now being a bad look it isn't try again bub
Nice to know you have 7 other socks that you use to upvote your dumbass comments.

This is not directed at this user but the entire thread. Need to stop the derail and play nice. [STAFF]
bularry
weather isn't crappy so I'm going to match tonight.. taking wife to her first live soccer match.

hopefully play isn't awful...
KCup17
AG
How was the experience?

I watched the game and was surprised to see us thump them 3-1. The interim head coach seems to have instilled more energy into the squad.
Ribavirin
Hate to say I told yall so..Getting HH did absolutely nothing for performance or attendance...Yalls homework for next year is to try to increase yalls soccer IQ..

I was at the game today only reason people were there were Javier fans and La Galaxy fans...

Cheers!
jeffk
AG
So which were you?
Ribavirin
jeffk said:

So which were you?
had a huge bet on the over 3.5......cheers!

jeffk
AG
But did you post about your experience on Big Soccer?
Ribavirin
jeffk said:

But did you post about your experience on Big Soccer?

Sorry chief can't hear over all these stacks

Cheers !
Texaggie7nine
So we got DC United's coach
7nine
KCup17
AG
So Ben Olsen? I mean was a good player but is he really a good hire?
Texaggie7nine
Guess it depends on how good he is at convincing ownership to spend money.
7nine
KCup17
AG
Him and Onstad have worked together before so I'm assuming they can work together with ownership on splashing some cash.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.