2020 Schedule is Out

14,233 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by blake2003
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They haven't officially announced anything. They keep saying they'll release capacity and ticketing information soon to season ticket holders and students.

Sorry townies.
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

They haven't officially announced anything. They keep saying they'll release capacity and ticketing information soon to season ticket holders and students.

Sorry townies.

I'm a townie and a season ticket holder and a student. One way or another I'll be in that stadium
Expert Analysis
AG
12TH MAN FOUNDATION
Season Ticket Holder Update for Aggie Soccer

The Aggies will play four matches at Ellis Field this fall as part of an eight-match fall soccer schedule announced by the Southeastern Conference on Wednesday, Sept. 9.
2020 Fall Aggie Soccer Home Schedule
Sunday, Sept. 27 vs. Auburn - 2 pm
Sunday, Oct. 11 vs. Florida - 1 pm
Friday, Oct. 16 vs. Mississippi State - 6 pm
Friday, Nov. 6 vs. LSU - 7 pm
Due to these schedule modifications, your 2020 Aggie Soccer season ticket order will be moved to the 2021 season.
As a thank you for your support as a soccer season ticket holder, Texas A&M Athletics would like to offer you the opportunity to claim two complimentary reserved tickets for each of the four home matches this fall.
Please note that capacity restrictions will be in place at Ellis Field and we ask season ticket holders to only claim tickets if they plan on attending matches. Our goal is to accommodate as many fans as possible with students and single game ticket buyers also being limited based on capacity guidelines.
The deadline to request complimentary reserved Aggie Soccer tickets is Monday, Sept. 14

Requested tickets will be delivered digitally the week of the first home match. Capacity will be limited on the west side. It is possible that season ticket holders may receive reserved seating in the east stands. Priority point ranking as of June 30, 2020 will be used when allocating complimentary tickets for season ticket holders.

Expert Analysis
AG
How is my family of 4 going to go?

Just got my 4 football tickets today as well! Hopefully some Aggie sports soon.
redd38
AG
Did you get that today? I didn't get it
CDub06
AG
Yeah, I just got it an hour ago too.

Worth reiterating the high points:

Quote:

Capacity restrictions will be in place at Ellis Field and we ask season ticket holders to only claim tickets if they plan on attending matches.

Our goal is to accommodate as many fans as possible with students and single game ticket buyers also being limited based on capacity guidelines.

Capacity will be limited on the west side. It is possible that season ticket holders may receive reserved seating in the east stands.

redd38
AG
Does it have a link or something to claim the tickets?
ScottishFire
AG
You click a link within your personal email, and it goes to a confirmation page and says your digital tickets will appear on such and such day.
"No one cuts me with impunity."
BQ_90
AG
Expert Analysis said:

How is my family of 4 going to go?

Just got my 4 football tickets today as well! Hopefully some Aggie sports soon.
2 will have to sit in the car. swap out at halftime

oh wait, no re-entry.
Expert Analysis
AG
I'd like to be able to buy 2 additional tickets to go with the two complimentary tickets. Most seasons only about half the games my whole family is usually able to go, the others it's two of us or me solo. I have given away a lot of tickets since they did away with flash seats. These 4 games are good times for all 4 of us to go.
I'm cool with the complimentary ticks and them holding this years payment for next season.
oklaunion
So if a season ticket holder has 6 tickets every year, that holder only gets 2 tickets for this year?
redd38
AG
oklaunion said:

So if a season ticket holder has 6 tickets every year, that holder only gets 2 tickets for this year?

Seems like it, but I would imagine you'll be able to buy tickets after they see how many season ticket holders claim tickets
blake2003
AG
Gotta go get all the confetti situated. Bring. On. The. Sports.
mullokmotx
AG
12thman.com has a gallery of 41 photos taken at the scrimmage on Saturday.
CDub06
AG
mullokmotx said:

12thman.com has a gallery of 41 photos taken at the scrimmage on Saturday.
Oddly tough to find on the Aggie soccer page.
https://12thman.com/galleries/womens-soccer/soccer-scrimmage/3982
redd38
AG
Based on those pictures, here's who I saw on Maroon and who I saw on White

Maroon
Taylor Ziemer
Katie Smith
Taylor Pounds
Ali Russell
Barbara Olivieri
Jimena Lopez
Laney Carroll
Macie Kolb
Addie McCain

Both White & Maroon
Rheagen Smith
Jai Smith

White
Kate Colvin
Westyn Henderson
Daria Britton
Andersen Williams
Natalie Yoo
Lauren Geczik
Kendall Bates
Sawyer Dumond

Not seen
Tera Ziemer
Karlina Sample

(Keepers excluded)
redd38
AG
Florida is postponing their first game due to 'rona
Gap
AG
An actual real game for Texas A&M coming up this Saturday!!!
CDub06
AG
I'd better get a BTHO thread up this week.
CDub06
AG
A little context and WOW at their attendance limit.

Quote:

GAINESVILLE, Fla. Positive COVID-19 tests among three Gator soccer players and the widespread quarantines for those in their direct contact postpones Florida's season opener, set for Saturday, Sept. 19 at Missouri.

The action is consistent with COVID-19 management requirements developed by SEC's Medical Guidance Task Force.

The two teams will explore an alternate date to play.

UF now opens the season Sept. 26 when Georgia comes to the Donald R. Dizney Stadium for a 4 p.m. match. Admission is free but attendance will be capped at 368 to allow for proper social distancing.
CDub06
AG
Looks like attendance policies are starting to go up for SEC teams. I'd hope we hear about ours by tonight's radio show at least... It does look like we'll continue to have the best home field advantage.

Auburn: Under the direction of state health officials, capacity at the Auburn Soccer Complex will be reduced to an Auburn team pass list, visiting team pass list and a limited number of Auburn students. The general public will not be admitted to the home opener Friday due to current health and safety guidelines and spacing limitations at the Auburn Soccer Complex.

Ole Miss: Ole Miss has announced its attendance policy for soccer matches for the 2020 season, with capacity limited to no more than 25 percent in the grandstand.

After player guest lists have been received from both the home and visiting teams, the remaining seating availability will be offered to a select group of fans through the Ole Miss Kicker Club and the Rebel Rewards app. Unfortunately, due to social distancing restrictions, seats will not be offered to the general public.

In order to maximize capacity, those in attendance will be restricted to a socially distant "pod" system, with pods limited to groups of two or four members of a family or household.

Kentucky: In addition to essential personnel required to conduct the contests, UK women's soccer will adopt a player guest and coach guest model, meaning no ticket options will be made available to the public at this time.

Vanderbilt: Vanderbilt University announced today it would begin the fall athletics season without spectators at home events now through the end of October.

Mississippi State: They have no fans.
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

Looks like attendance policies are starting to go up for SEC teams. I'd hope we hear about ours by tonight's radio show at least... It does look like we'll continue to have the best home field advantage.

Auburn: Under the direction of state health officials, capacity at the Auburn Soccer Complex will be reduced to an Auburn team pass list, visiting team pass list and a limited number of Auburn students. The general public will not be admitted to the home opener Friday due to current health and safety guidelines and spacing limitations at the Auburn Soccer Complex.

Ole Miss: Ole Miss has announced its attendance policy for soccer matches for the 2020 season, with capacity limited to no more than 25 percent in the grandstand.

After player guest lists have been received from both the home and visiting teams, the remaining seating availability will be offered to a select group of fans through the Ole Miss Kicker Club and the Rebel Rewards app. Unfortunately, due to social distancing restrictions, seats will not be offered to the general public.

In order to maximize capacity, those in attendance will be restricted to a socially distant "pod" system, with pods limited to groups of two or four members of a family or household.

Kentucky: In addition to essential personnel required to conduct the contests, UK women's soccer will adopt a player guest and coach guest model, meaning no ticket options will be made available to the public at this time.

Vanderbilt: Vanderbilt University announced today it would begin the fall athletics season without spectators at home events now through the end of October.

Mississippi State: They have no fans.

Most of those sound like a typical season for them
CDub06
AG
FYI: Ellis Field capacity is officially 3500. That would put 25% at 875 fans. I think UIL is allowing up to 50% at their events.

Looking within our own state... And apparently the Big 12 is already playing.

Baylor: Home and visitor student-athletes will receive a limited number of complimentary tickets on a pass-list basis. Members of the Legacy Fund will also have the ability to reserve tickets on their own pass list.

Baylor students will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to restrictions, the number of student tickets is expected to be approximately 50 or less.

Capacity at Betty Lou is restricted to a total allotment of 300, following local and state ordinances.

Texas: Doesn't really seem to be enforcing capacity restrictions. Ok, actually it looks like they're allowing 25% across the board at fall sports. (They had 550 fans at their loss to Kansas)

TCU: Home and visitor student-athletes will receive a limited number of complimentary tickets on a pass-list basis. TCU students will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to restrictions, the number of student tickets is expected to be approximately 75 or less.

Texas Tech: Due to limited capacity at the John Walker Soccer Complex, general admission tickets will be capped at 25 percent. Prices for home match tickets will be $5 for adults and $3 for children. (They're the only ones I've seen actually selling tickets)
jeffk
redd38
AG
This week's radio show is rough technically
CDub06
CDub06
AG
They got the broadcast kinks worked out and steered it to a nice finish.
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

They got the broadcast kinks worked out and steered it to a nice finish.

They should have pre-recorded all the interviews (heck, the whole show could be pre-recorded)
Expert Analysis
AG
Just realized we host UF football and soccer on consecutive days. That will be two nice wins!
redd38
AG
Chris calculates Aggies at 5th in the SEC

redd38
AG
The 8 day window during which we play Arkansas and Florida could make or break the season.
Expert Analysis
AG
Complimentary Ticket Update for Aggie Soccer

Due to an overwhelming response from our loyal season ticket holders and the current capacity restrictions at Ellis Field, requests for complimentary 2020 Aggie Soccer tickets have exceeded the extremely limited seating that is available in the west stands. Based on priority point ranking, your complimentary tickets will be located on the east side in general admission seating.
Note: General admission seating will be first-come, first-served on game day, and season ticket holders are asked to please follow the designated seat markers that will be placed to ensure that seats are properly distanced based on the Governor's executive orders and health and safety guidelines.
Requested tickets will be delivered digitally the week of the first home match.
Expert Analysis
AG
ugh relegated to the east stands. Kinda surprised there are that many people ahead of me that wanted tickets.
I assume since it is GA that it will be a mix of students etc. I would pay for a reserved seat on the west side. I am sure there will be unused complimentary tickets from people who got west side seats.
mullokmotx
AG
The NCAA is proposing the following for the spring:

Women's soccer
Action at the finals site for the Women's College Cup is May 13-17. The bracket will consist of 48 teams, with 31 automatic qualifiers and 17 at-large selections.
Normally, the bracket size for the women's soccer championship is 64 teams, with four teams advancing to the finals site.
Regular-season competition can be played Feb. 3-April 24, with selections on April 25.

Looks like the 8 games in the fall will count toward the normal limit of 20. Question is whether the winner of the SEC Tournament gets the league's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. There are 31 conferences, so there will be only 17 at large bids. I understand some of our players are graduating in December so I'm not sure what that could do to the roster. Also big will be how many players enroll in January and will they be eligible. Going to be crazy.
redd38
AG
Yes, one of the more interesting things G said on the radio show is that Lopez graduates in December. I wonder if she'll stick around for next semester.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.