Everton 2019 - 2020 Thread

6,803 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by heddleston
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I've never seen you post on previous iterations of this thread (or I forgot; playing the "I have young children" card here). Are you texags regular and Everton supporter? What did you screw up to end up being an Everton supporter?
Aggies1322
AG
blindey said:

So I've never seen you post on previous iterations of this thread (or I forgot; playing the "I have young children" card here). Are you texags regular and Everton supporter? What did you screw up to end up being an Everton supporter?

I've honestly never seen an Everton thread.. but to be fair, I havent looked in a number of years. I am an Evertonian because - I believe, if I remember correctly - everton was the first non American club I ever saw live. They were in Houston when I was young and were playing a friendly against Club America 2004/2005 or something. I thought the Mexican fans were annoying so the obvious solution was to become a lifelong fan of the Blues. Had an Everton banner on my wall not too long after and it has been COYB ever since. (Except for my obsession with Thierry Henry and that Arsenal team. But once he went to Barca, I hated Arsenal.) I played for about 14 years, so excited that the game has grown so much here in the states.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I have respect for American fans who support non big 4/6 clubs. I'm only a Liverpool fan because my father in law is from Birkenhead and their whole clan are reds except for his two black sheep brothers who support the blues. I honestly wish they were from Sheffield or Newcastle or Birmingham.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Pretty funny story. I had scouse neighbors growing up in DFW that were blues so I just went along to get along and it stuck.

Friend of mine in Houston comes from a really mixed family from Birkenhead- they're actually so mixed that there are even loyal tranmere supporters in the bunch that won't go red or blue.
ChipFTAC01
AG
That's great. I follow Tranmere as kind of a side Story. My wife's grandfather played for them for a few years in the 40s or 50s. Even got espn+to watch Manu play at Prebton Park a few weeks ago. My FIL went to school with Mark Palios who's now the Chairman.

I was at a wedding over there a few years ago and we were seated at a table with some of my wife's uncle'S friends from the wirral. They were amazed that a random guy from Texas knew anything about the general storyline of the club.
heddleston
AG
The new stadium will be huge for Everton. The amount of money that will be put into the club just from the naming rights will give tons of space for the FO to stay clear with FFP, not to mention increased ticket revenue. Moshiri is very ambitious, but it's gonna take a little time because of FFP.

I've been following since 2005, the year after they finished 4th and had sold Rooney to Utd and Graveson to Real. I fell in love with soccer by watching Nuno Valente, Kevin Kilbane, Tony Hibbert, Tim Cahill and Arteta flail around in the relegation zone before finishing 11th. The legend of Duncan Ferguson had me hooked.
Aggies1322
AG
I read somewhere that we have to bring wages down a bit this offseason. Do we let go of Gylfi? I think it is time for us to move on. I don't think he fits Carlo's 4-4-2. Morgan Schneiderlin probably needs to be sold or contract reworked, same with Theo Walcott. Guys like Yannick Bolasie and Sandro Ramirez probably need to be sold. They are loaned out and aren't showing to be any value to the future of the squad. Bolasie may be the worst purchase of the last 4 years. Baines getting off the payroll will open up a lot. He is the 12th highest wage. Cenk Tosun being off payroll is also good for us.
heddleston
AG
Yeah I think many of those guys plus Delph will be out.
Aggies1322
AG
COYB. Really need points here if we want European footbal next year.
Aggies1322
AG
Pickford is trash
Aggies1322
AG
VAR stole our 3 pts.
Bubba smollett
Aggies1322 said:

VAR stole our 3 pts.
nah was the right call and now your coach got a RED LOL
Aggies1322
AG
The ref red carded Ancelotti after the match. Terrible job by the officiating crew. Guy was card happy all game. Tragic waste.
Aggies1322
AG
LaQuica said:

Aggies1322 said:

VAR stole our 3 pts.

Oh look, someone with no understanding the rules
Aggies1322
AG
We're an absolute disaster today.
Bubba smollett
Lol
Bubba smollett
Aggies1322 said:

LaQuica said:

Aggies1322 said:

VAR stole our 3 pts.

Right the officials don't know the rules either genius .
fig96
AG
LaQuica said:

Aggies1322 said:

LaQuica said:

Aggies1322 said:

VAR stole our 3 pts.

Right the officials don't know the rules either genius .
Go away.
Aggies1322
AG
Man we need an overhaul of this squad. The only ones that look like any sort of consistent talent are Digne & Richarlison. Calvert Lewin is a wonderful athlete but does anyone else feel theres a lack of quality about him?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Aggies1322 said:

We're an absolute disaster today.
we looked about as good as a **** sandwich dipped in vomit. Curious to see what happens in the summer transfer window.

Right now, I will settle for just not seeing luverpoool win the league at Goodison.
heddleston
AG
Well fellas, looks like Umbro is gone and now we're wearing Hummel. They've done some amazing shirts for teams lately, including maybe 2019s greatest, Forward Madison's:
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
The current Umbro kits -- maybe with the exception of the 2018/19 third kit -- have been pretty forgettable. Would be cool to see them let Hummel do something interesting. I actually like the current Rangers FC kit.

Looks like they're paying 9 million per year, so solid for the club.

Rumor out there that Swissx (Swiss cannabis company) is in the running to be the new kit sponsor. So in the last three iterations of our kit sponsor will have gone from beer to online gambling to cannabis.
heddleston
AG
Not only that, but isn't Mike Tyson their spokesman? How awesome would that be? I'm still betting on an Usmanov adjacent or friendly entity, but I don't really care so long as it's not gambling. My MLS team has freaking Zulily on the front for crying out loud, so any energy I once had for bloviating over cool shirt sponsorships has already been spent.
OregonAggie
AG
I've always been a fan of Hummel. The Denmark kits over years by Hummel have been great and there's something about the Vs going down the shoulder and arms that look cool.

I swear there was a youth club in Dallas in the 90s that wore Hummel and I always loved there jerseys.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I really liked when BHP Billiton sponsored my MLS club. Made a lot of fans all mad because it's an energy/mining company.
heddleston
AG
I mean theres a real argument to be made that you arent a real MLS team until you have a MLM companies name on the front of your shirt.
heddleston
AG
Hummel keeps rolling out bangers:

I'm sure this next year will be simple, which is fine; but I'm excited for stone weird as all get out alternates
fig96
AG
heddleston said:

Not only that, but isn't Mike Tyson their spokesman? How awesome would that be? I'm still betting on an Usmanov adjacent or friendly entity, but I don't really care so long as it's not gambling. My MLS team has freaking Zulily on the front for crying out loud, so any energy I once had for bloviating over cool shirt sponsorships has already been spent.
I do think it's kinda cool that Yeti will be across the Austin FC kits.

But agreed generally speaking.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Everton has done things like hot pink change kits in the recent past. I'm sure Hummel will have us in a classic home strip and an off the wall (but in a good way) change kit.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Looks like the new kit sponsor will be Cazoo.

Cazoo appears to be an online used car seller in the UK.

Nice to be away from sports betting.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Wow. We took points off of Liverpool. Did not see that coming.
jeffk
AG
Well done, gents.
fig96
AG
blindey said:

Wow. We took points off of Liverpool. Did not see that coming.
And with a real chance to steal 3 at the end.

Not an incredibly inspiring performance, though the backline looked really good against an attack of that quality. I'll take it.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
That was my take. We looked like an organized squad that created real chances. We weren't heavy on possession but Liverpool had to respect what we were taking to them the entire game.

Everyone looked a little rusty out of the gate. Not quite match form across the board. But I suspect a condensed playing schedule will change that quickly for everyone.
fig96
AG
Agreed.

Also, that tackle from Coleman was perfect and shouldn't have been a foul, much less a caution.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.