* Liverpool 2019-2020 Thread (Champions of Europe, England & the World) *

90,891 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I want to say about 1-2 per day? It isn't every game but I've been pleased with it. I watched all the playoff games this past season at least.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Guess I'll need to subscribe next year to watch tranmere as they march towards promotion to the top flight.
FriedTex
AG
I thought FS1 carried all the ECL
AG@RICE
AG
Mignolet sold to Brugge, we picked up Adrian (formerly with West Ham) as the new back up on a FA contract.
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Fun read if you're an Athletic subscriber:
https://theathletic.com/1088324/2019/08/05/liverpool-chairman-tom-werner-on-glory-in-madrid-the-title-quest-klopps-future-and-why-financial-fair-play-breaches-need-punishing/
joemeister
AG
I think Fox only has the rights to the Bundesliga and the Scottish Premier League (which they only show on Fox Soccer +). Would be nice if they aired the Old Firm derby on the non premium channel, but they haven't up to this point.
gougler08
AG
Speaking of Scottish football...I'm going to be over there in a couple weeks (both Glasgow and Edinburgh), is it worth trying to get a ticket to a match?
OregonAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

Speaking of Scottish football...I'm going to be over there in a couple weeks (both Glasgow and Edinburgh), is it worth trying to get a ticket to a match?

A soccer match in Scotland? Hell yeah it would be worth it!

Hopefully Celtic or Rangers will be playing at home.
gougler08
AG
So I'm in Glasgow 8/14-18 and Celtic has a match in the league cup at home...problem is I have the family with me so may not be easy to convince them all to go to a match.

In Edinburgh, Hibs is playing the following weekend when I'm there and then we have some friends joining us, so may have to target that instead
AGC
AG
OregonAggie said:

gougler08 said:

A soccer match in Scotland? Hell yeah it would be worth it!

Hopefully Celtic or Rangers will be playing at home.

I was warned against wearing rangers gear in the city by many a local back in the 90s. But I have no doubt the games would be fun.
HamptonTomatoes
AG
Just loaned out Harry Wilson for the year to Bournemouth. Was really hoping they would let him fight as a squad rotational player this year.
jeffk
AG
Pretty quiet deadline day for us.

Read that Sane (City player, not a Mane typo) has a torn acl and is having surgery.
joemeister
AG
The only two players we were linked with at times that really interested me are Timo Werner and Bruno Fernandez and both ended up staying with their clubs. The only thing lacking right now is depth in attack and cover at left back. Hopefully Klopps faith in Origi and the young players like Rhian Brewster is rewarded.
jeffk
AG
Interested to see how the off-season moves shake up the 3, 4, 5, 6 spots in the league. I still think that us and City are 1/2, but I think Tottenham took a step or two forward as did Arsenal. Not sure how Chelsea and ManU will end up comparing to how they were last year.

edit because I has switched United/Tottenham.
eiggA2002
AG
Spurs and Arsenal had the best windows of the Top 6 in my opinion and I think they will finish 3rd/4th. Everton and West Ham spent big and should improve. ManU bought maybe the 5th best CB in the PL for a world record fee and their only true striker is a 17-year old with 3 appearances. Love the Transfer Window!
joemeister
OregonAggie
AG
THE HATE IS BUILDING
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
MATCH DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OregonAggie
AG
LINEUP. LETS GO BOYS!!!

Out in Left Field
Out in Left Field
AG
Owen Goal strikes again!
Out in Left Field
AG
MO SALAH! MO SALAH!
OregonAggie
AG
V
V
D
BenderRodriguez
AG
Looking good.

They're talking crap on the Liverpool back line but Norwich was good at finding those little through balls last season too.

I doubt Liverpool is the last team that struggles against it.
Out in Left Field
AG
Welcome to the Premier League Norwich
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Bobby almost netted a hell of a volley
OregonAggie
AG
Holy **** Alison is hurt. He's off
Out in Left Field
AG
Alisson down
Out in Left Field
AG
4-0
OregonAggie
AG
For some reason I keep think he had an Achilles injury. Just because of the way he immediately noticed something and dropped.

Then again, I ruptured mine 9 years ago so I think everything is an Achilles tear
wangus12
AG
Man they really shouldn't play promoted teams against top 4 clubs in the 1st week. Norwich gonna finish last thanks to you lot
OregonAggie
AG
I agree with you on the 1st week thing. They should be playing a mid table team for their first game. What a wake up call.
toucan82
VAR sucks
ChipFTAC01
AG
Or if they are gonna do it, let Norwich have that game at home. Welcome back to the big table. Let your fans come see a Big 6 team come and kick your ass.
jeffk
AG
1-0

Any Alisson update?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.